Malazan Empire: Ben Aaronovitch - Peter Grant urban fantasy series - Malazan Empire

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ben Aaronovitch - Peter Grant urban fantasy series Rivers of London/Midnight Riot, Moon Over Soho, etc...

#161 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 05 May 2022 - 07:32 PM

View Poststone monkey, on 05 May 2022 - 06:21 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 05 May 2022 - 03:36 AM, said:

View Poststone monkey, on 04 May 2022 - 10:19 PM, said:

Necro-Thread Go!!

Just read Amongst Our Weapons and enjoyed it immensely. Thankfully, for my self esteem at least, I worked out that the clue was in the title way before Peter managed to figure out what was going on.

Spoilers...

Do you mean

Spoiler

Spoiler

Those jokes were all over the book. Some of it was pretty subtle. Sewill's was the best tho'.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#162 User is offline   stone monkey 

• I'm the baddest man alive and I don't plan to die...
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods

Posted 17 May 2022 - 06:01 PM

I did appreciate that
Spoiler
It was a nice touch that shows that he really does do his research.
If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#163 User is offline   stone monkey 

• I'm the baddest man alive and I don't plan to die...
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods

Posted 08 July 2022 - 01:21 AM

Just leaving this here: https://www.theguard...r-tv-adaptation
I would suggest Jason Isaacs as Nightingale, perhaps? Charles Dance or Bill Nighy would also be good, I think, but I would say both of them are actually too old for the role now..

If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#164 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 08 July 2022 - 03:49 AM

View Poststone monkey, on 08 July 2022 - 01:21 AM, said:

Just leaving this here: https://www.theguard...r-tv-adaptation
I would suggest Jason Isaacs as Nightingale, perhaps? Charles Dance or Bill Nighy would also be good, I think, but I would say both of them are actually too old for the role now..

Anthony Head.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#165 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 July 2022 - 05:51 AM

I always saw Nightingale as a pre-Star Wars Peter Cushing type. The whole sharp, patrician features and clipped delivery I think. Power in a smaller frame.

Jason Isaacs could do it, but is there anyone else around at the moment who also fits the bill?

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 08 July 2022 - 05:53 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users