• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Malazan NFL Fantasy Football 2012

#61 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

I feel like everyone playing should watch 'The League' before they are allowed to play ;)
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#62 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:29 AM

Obdigore said:

1343171197[/url]' post='981110']
I feel like everyone playing should watch 'The League' before they are allowed to play ;)

Seconded.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#63 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:31 AM

i will withdraw if another player cannot get involved!! I'm not taking someones place who knows how to play and has played before. So who is ShanRawr?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#64 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

Another rookie question (building my cheat sheet): am I allowed to draft more than 1 guy from the same team (aka, say I get first pick, take Aaron Rodgers, and in the final round, due to horrendous planning, end up with the Packers defense (shock & horror?) is that allowed?
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#65 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:21 AM

View PostTapper, on 25 July 2012 - 08:58 AM, said:

Another rookie question (building my cheat sheet): am I allowed to draft more than 1 guy from the same team (aka, say I get first pick, take Aaron Rodgers, and in the final round, due to horrendous planning, end up with the Packers defense (shock & horror?) is that allowed?

Sure can. You could draft the entire Green Bay team if you wanted and no one else grabbed any of them. The only real restrictions are that you draft players that are currently eligible to play (made the final rosters, or brought up when someone gets hurt) and you really should fill out each of the positions you put players into each week.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#66 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

Tattersail said:

1343201479[/url]' post='981226']
i will withdraw if another player cannot get involved!! I'm not taking someones place who knows how to play and has played before. So who is ShanRawr?

Don't worry bout it man. Hopefully one more person will join and we'll all play.

Another tip for beginners. Watch your bye weeks. If you draft Aaron Rodgers and his bye is week 2. You don't want to draft your backup that also has a bye on week 2.

#67 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 25 July 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

Tattersail said:

Don't worry bout it man. Hopefully one more person will join and we'll all play.

Another tip for beginners. Watch your bye weeks. If you draft Aaron Rodgers and his bye is week 2. You don't want to draft your backup that also has a bye on week 2.

Slow that isn't how it works. New players listen to me I have your best interest at heart. You need to draft only the people who have the same by week. That way you can rest your players that week. You don't want them to get tired. They need rest. Slow trying to trick the poor new foreign players. ;)
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#68 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

View PostObdigore, on 24 July 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

I third this.

#69 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

View PostVengeance, on 25 July 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

View PostSlow Ben, on 25 July 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

Tattersail said:

Slow that isn't how it works. New players listen to me I have your best interest at heart. You need to draft only the people who have the same by week. That way you can rest your players that week. You don't want them to get tired. They need rest. Slow trying to trick the poor new foreign players. ;)

Tsk tsk Vengey, you missed a chance to exploit the perfect opportunity to abuse the fact US sports are done in quarters with a rest in between each... rather than a good old honest half-time break only.

#70 User is offline   ShanRawr 

• Captain

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

Tattersail - Nobody. I just lurk here. I played in the fantasy league last year.

#71 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:43 AM

View PostShanRawr, on 25 July 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

Tattersail - Nobody. I just lurk here. I played in the fantasy league last year.

As signified by the 11 posts,sign-up date in 2011...

Tapper, does some detectiving in his spare time.

Anyhow, Tats, you should know by now: if you don't know someone, ask Gust Hubb ;)

#72 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostShanRawr, on 25 July 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

Sounds like a rinnger to me. Just joined Malazan to play FF.... At least come on and try a game of Mafia. It is like FF but has blood and dragon sex also lots of paranoia. ;)

#73 User is offline   ShanRawr 

• Captain

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

You've figured me out. I know Steven Erikson fans are the brightest out there, so who better to play FF with?

I spent an afternoon slacking off at work trying to understand the stuff on the Mafia forum once. I may have been trying too hard to make sense of it.

This post has been edited by ShanRawr: 26 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

#74 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

View PostShanRawr, on 26 July 2012 - 06:57 PM, said:

You've figured me out. I know Steven Erickson fans are the brightest out there, so who better to play FF with?

I spent an afternoon slacking off at work trying to understand the stuff on the Mafia forum once. I may have been trying too hard to make sense of it.

It easy. There are good guys and there are bad guys. Your objective is to eliminate the other side. There are several ways that you can do that. Either through lynching and NKing if your Scum. Or only through lynching if your town. If your scum then you want town to help town to lynch themselves. If your town you know that you might have to lynch several town before you figure out who is one your side and who is a unknown. There are a bunch of roles that get added to games to spice shit up. But that is the game in a nut shell. It generates paranoia and contempt for your fellow man. ;) Also in some of us a little bit of rage. I don't want to point fingers but both Tapper and Obdi play mafia.... ;)

#75 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

Alright we've got 11 signed up, so to grumble and whoever else doesn't have a team yet. Whoever signs up first is in and I'll put up the draft thread tomorrow.

#76 User is offline   Grumble 

• High Mage of High House HAWT

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

both tattersail (dassems bodyguard) and myself (ball hawks ) are currently registered , so at least 2 people have not signed up possibly TT & Shin. so we still need a player or we need to lose someone! :p :D ;) ;) :p

This post has been edited by Grumble: 26 July 2012 - 09:28 PM

What Would Jack Do ?

#77 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:05 PM

View PostGrumble, on 26 July 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

both tattersail (dassems bodyguard) and myself (ball hawks ) are currently registered , so at least 2 people have not signed up possibly TT & Shin. so we still need a player or we need to lose someone! :p :D ;) ;) :p

Well, Shin's about to come online in a couple of hours. TT may or may not be around right now, but both will have time before the draft is posted. Let's see if we end with 12 (in which case, all is cool and fair) or 13. Or, doom scenario, 11.

#78 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

So I got an intersting message from Vengy calling me out to play. I've not played in a few years but if you need another player I can help fill out a 14 team league. I've only ever played in 12 team leagues so this should be interesting.

What are the waiver wire rules?
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#79 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:43 PM

Waiver wire is slotted by last move made on the wire, and then in order of worst to best record, on a first come first serve basis with Tues and Wed. being off days.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#80 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:43 PM

I recruited Twelve to help fill out the slots cause tatter was complaining so much... ;) So lets get this thing going.

Share this topic:

• 31 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users