• 31 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Malazan NFL Fantasy Football 2012

#581 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

View PostObdigore, on 03 December 2012 - 08:52 AM, said:

View PostTattersail, on 03 December 2012 - 08:17 AM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 03 December 2012 - 06:46 AM, said:

All 3 top teams lost this week, and it might be all 4 if Eli doesn't get me 20 points.

Crazy week.

ToD made me forget about everything almost. I'll be ready for you next week sugar.

You mean you remember how I already beat you once and I've scored more points than you before this week and have scored more than you this week? Hopefully I get MJD back next week which would seal your fate.

I remember your victory. It hurt. Inside. You broke my ♥
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#582 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

And of course Eli can't get me 21 points. Should have started Palmer.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#583 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

View PostObdigore, on 04 December 2012 - 04:48 AM, said:

I have already reached the play offs. Now you just watch my selections hurt your eyes.

#584 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

View PostTattersail, on 04 December 2012 - 08:19 AM, said:

I have already reached the play offs. Now you just watch my selections hurt your eyes.

No, you have one more game before the playoffs, in which I can take your 3rd seed away from you.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#585 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

View PostObdigore, on 04 December 2012 - 08:31 AM, said:

No, you have one more game before the playoffs, in which I can take your 3rd seed away from you.

Yes but i'm in the play offs regardless yes, but you'd prefer third seed over fourth

#586 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

View PostTattersail, on 04 December 2012 - 08:45 AM, said:

Yes but i'm in the play offs regardless yes, but you'd prefer third seed over fourth

You sure about that? I'd rather go against Orange and Black in the first round than Zoom.

#587 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:56 AM

View PostObdigore, on 04 December 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

You sure about that? I'd rather go against Orange and Black in the first round than Zoom.

I'd prefer to avoid Hoosier for as long as possible.

#588 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

Why? Vengies team is pretty much just as good at this point, and you will have to play one of them or whoever beats them in the semi finals if you make it that far.

#589 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

You do not want to go against Zoom right now. Riding a wave they are.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#590 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

What are the chances Bliss actually fixes her team this week?
That's what I thought.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#591 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

Yeah, this sucks. When I was sitting at 3-7, I planned out my only way into the playoffs. It would have required certain teams losing, and me being able to pass Hopper in points scored. Had it all worked out, the 6th spot would of went to a 7-7 team. My predictions, ALL OF WHICH CAME TRUE - every single game, would have left hopper and I the only 7-7 fighting for 6th. So all I had to:

Win the next 4 straight games.
Ballhawks lose 2 games.
Taco lose one game - I took care of that, although he lost others
One-eye wildcat lose twice.

So far so good. Here I need either zoom and hopper to lose, or just zoom with me hoping for two big games to pass hopper in points scored. At the time he was only 20 ahead, although now its 50.

Looking at the matchups I felt hopper would win out, so my last hope rested on zoom losing week 13 to undefeated and monster NFL man HD. I was so hoping HD won. Then no. And week 14 don't count, shes facing bliss.

So there went my hopes after nearly pulling off the impossible. Oh well.

So. You're still not out Hopper. As long as you win next week, you still have THIS shot. If I beat Orange next week, and u win, all 3 of u are 7-7. Zoom would grab spot 5 because she outscores you both by a good bit. That leaves you and Orange at 7-7 for spot 6. He leads you by like 34 points I think. Soooooo.

To get in:
Win next week.
Hope I win next week.
Outscore orange by 35.

It can be done. Two of them go hand in hand. If I beat orange, its hopefully because he scores lower than projections. Therefore you have a shot at outscoring him by enough if you get lucky.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#592 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

What!? My team doesn't strike you down in terror?!!

Tremble before my overrated core of washed up RBs and Overhyped WRs!!!!!

They will crush you!!!!
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#593 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

View PostBrujah, on 05 December 2012 - 03:12 AM, said:

Yeah, this sucks. When I was sitting at 3-7, I planned out my only way into the playoffs. It would have required certain teams losing, and me being able to pass Hopper in points scored. Had it all worked out, the 6th spot would of went to a 7-7 team. My predictions, ALL OF WHICH CAME TRUE - every single game, would have left hopper and I the only 7-7 fighting for 6th. So all I had to:

Ballhawks lose 2 games.

So far so good. Here I need either zoom and hopper to lose, or just zoom with me hoping for two big games to pass hopper in points scored. At the time he was only 20 ahead, although now its 50.

Looking at the matchups I felt hopper would win out, so my last hope rested on zoom losing week 13 to undefeated and monster NFL man HD. I was so hoping HD won. Then no. And week 14 don't count, shes facing bliss.

So. You're still not out Hopper. As long as you win next week, you still have THIS shot. If I beat Orange next week, and u win, all 3 of u are 7-7. Zoom would grab spot 5 because she outscores you both by a good bit. That leaves you and Orange at 7-7 for spot 6. He leads you by like 34 points I think. Soooooo.

To get in:
Win next week.
Hope I win next week.
Outscore orange by 35.

It can be done. Two of them go hand in hand. If I beat orange, its hopefully because he scores lower than projections. Therefore you have a shot at outscoring him by enough if you get lucky.

I'm already off to a rockin start. My TE gave me a whopping 0.7 points against a TE weak team a weak after his best game of the season. My team is so schizo. I have no idea who I should put in when. Though in this case I only have the one TE and thought it was a good matchup. But. Hey. Clearly I don't know jack about fantasy football.

#594 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:04 AM

View Posttwelve, on 07 December 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

View PostBrujah, on 05 December 2012 - 03:12 AM, said:

Ballhawks lose 2 games.

To get in:
Win next week.
Hope I win next week.
Outscore orange by 35.

I'm already off to a rockin start. My TE gave me a whopping 0.7 points against a TE weak team a weak after his best game of the season. My team is so schizo. I have no idea who I should put in when. Though in this case I only have the one TE and thought it was a good matchup. But. Hey. Clearly I don't know jack about fantasy football.

I'm in the same boat. In my vast, superior football knowledge, I came to a brilliant conclusion based off a couple things. Denver is playing Oakland. Manning is just on fire lately, really looking like the Manning that picked apart defenses like it was 5 years ago, and was pretty much the only QB for a few years stretch that could hang in a shoot out with Tom Brady, back when the Patriots were at their peak.

And then you have Oakland. The Oakland Raiders. You guys paid attention to any football at all this year? Well in case you missed it. The Raiders have no defense. No, I'm not kidding. They literally don't have a defense. They start by trying to score, of course. They actually have decent receivers, and they now have McFadden back who even scored once I believe. But once they either score, or punt, they just pretty much just try to stay out of the way while the other team marches down the field.

They actually use to even TRY to play defense. But they were ALWAYS scored on, so they had a brilliant idea, and decided that when it wasn't their chance to try to put points on the board, that they'd just stay out of the other teams way completely. It was so much easier and far less work. I even believe that two of their DEs received their degrees online by utilizong the time they use to waste trying to play defense to no avail.

So anyway, my brilliant mind catches on to this mismatch. Some mediocre teams with mediocre QBs are having their receivers coming away with huge games and thus, very nice fantasy points. Well, if Joe Shmo and his receivers can do that, then Mr. On Fire Manning is just gonna shred this Raiders secondary. Denver's receivers are gonna be showered with fantasy points. Manning probably sets the new TDs in a single game record with about 15, and I know that Stokely is out, and the WRs are taken, but both TEs are available. Suckers. Well I grab Jacob Tamme. He's played better lately, and he's getting more looks, but they'll probably both get 3 or 4 TDs each, so oh well.

I grab Mr Tamme, put him in instead of Branding Pettigrew, who does drop some balls, and didn't play well there for a while, but def picked up his game. And Detroit leads the league in pass attempts by far. So he is consistently getting looks. And they're playing GB, who don't cover opposing TEs that well on paper, AND titus young is still out, which is why I grabbed Ryan broyles the other week when young was first RP miss games. Broyles was already decent sharing the field with young. So when young went down, I was rewarded with some decent points from starting broyles in my flex. The point I'm making, is that now Broyles is out too, and still no titus young. So I expect Pettigrew to have possibly one of the best games of the season, assuming mike Thomas, broyles replacement, and shefler or however you spell it, doesn't snag up all the extra looks, firm we should see a score fest from Calvin Johnson and Pettigrew.

AND THAT'S HOW MUCH FAITH I HAD IN TAMME. To replace Pettigrew with him.

So yeah, I really know my shit, too. The biggest slap in the tucking face was that the other TE for Denver, Dreseen, got the TD catch, and Tamme got me 2.4 points.

At least I knew not to start marcel Reese. Reese has actually been doing extremely well for me since he began taking over after McFadden and Goodson went down.and the projections had him at almost 10 pts. But with McFadden back, there's no way he'd see 10 points. He was pretty much ignored completely.

So fuck me and my hunches. And now at RB I'm left with the Jags starter, Montel Owens, who is only playing at back because MJD, Jalen Parmele, and Rashad Jennings are down. So enter Mr Owens, who ain't even a real RB. Then I've got Reggie Bush vs 49ers. Fuck that. Beanie wells against fn Seatle. Another no go. Pretty much leaves only Deangelo Williams, who sucks, especially against Atlanta. And he's splitting time with Tolbert.

I'm not making playoffs win of lose. But I still wunna win. So I might go for a chance. The NE Houston matchup might see a lot of scoring, maybe a high powered shootout. So I might gamble on Danny Woodhead to get touches behind Ridley, because they like to alter their run game up, and woodhead is the one they tend to use against teams with big defensemen like Houston. Plus he might get some redzone and goalline touches, as he's smaller and agile. I just hope its not Shane Vereen that backs up Ridley instead. Vereen is a big, power back, but runs fast and head on. Fuck it.

Anyway, good luck. With a win, you could grab 6th seed away from Hooper. Hooper has to beat HD. And HD is projected nearly 120 pts, and he's only had one player on play. His kicker played Thursday night. And scored 15 fn points. Only nearly double projected. Hoopers gonna need luck, but I'm at least gonna try to take you pit so he has his shot.

I even offered to sleep with bliss if shed change her freakin lineup.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

- Maynard James Keenan

#595 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

View PostBrujah, on 08 December 2012 - 07:04 AM, said:

It isn't nice trying to scare people into doing what you want.

#596 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

View PostObdigore, on 08 December 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

View PostBrujah, on 08 December 2012 - 07:04 AM, said:

It isn't nice trying to scare people into doing what you want.

Says the guy who's already wrapped up a playoff spot.

"She said 'Give me 9 inches, and make it hurt!' '

"So I fucked her 3 times, and hit her with a brick."

- Maynard James Keenan

#597 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Just like his defense has done to my team.

#598 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

And so ends my first NFL season of Fantasy Football. I must say I am truly impressed with your system and I have enjoyed playing with you all. I also know next to nothing compared to you all, I look at Brujah's thought patterns and the way he scopes everything out and I feel very small :)

#599 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

Obdi, did you delete your post?

#600 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

View PostTattersail, on 17 December 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

And so ends my first NFL season of Fantasy Football. I must say I am truly impressed with your system and I have enjoyed playing with you all. I also know next to nothing compared to you all, I look at Brujah's thought patterns and the way he scopes everything out and I feel very small :)

Yeah but look who made the playoffs and who didn't. Sometime knowing next to know thing pays off. Just look at me this year. I backed into the playoffs and am still kicking.

Also, too bad HD and Vengy didn't play this last week. There would have been a good chance that both would have been upset with they way their teams performed. Now I'll get the chance to add my name to the biggest blowout loss category one more time.

Share this topic:

• 31 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users