• Fourth Investiture
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:57 AM

View PostJean-Claude Van tiam, on 13 June 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

View PostMTS, on 13 June 2012 - 03:44 AM, said:

View PostJean-Claude Van tiam, on 13 June 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

RE Dassem and Temper

Spoiler

Well duh, no one here is suggesting it's clear-cut fact, as there are still a couple of holes in the story and a few assumptions are made, but it's probably as close to knowing as we're ever gonna get.

As for the OST stuff, I agree with Sinisdar. As for K'rul's conversation with Envy in MoI,
Spoiler

Its hardly a 'well duh' moment. If you scroll up Apts comment claims it happened in the last couple of decades which is speculation educated guess not fact. Simply trying o differentiate for the OP the difference between forum educated guess work and actual stated knowledge for the book. As ive said up thread we get alot of our info from throwaway lines which is what makes the series so interesting yet information from earlier books can change.

OST
Spoiler

As I said these Chainings probably happened along the timescale others have mentioned and that were all aware of but it not as clear cut as some are making it here with the accuracy of nailing it down to one year.

EDIT- weve become way off topic in regards to the OP. Id say RAFO for a better picture of the Chainings

The 'well duh' was about it being educated guesswork and not established fact, not about the event itself. I think everybody can see that we haven't fully proved it, nor can we with the evidence we have.

As for the second:
Spoiler

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#22 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

View PostMTS, on 13 June 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

View PostJean-Claude Van tiam, on 13 June 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

View PostMTS, on 13 June 2012 - 03:44 AM, said:

View PostJean-Claude Van tiam, on 13 June 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

RE Dassem and Temper

Spoiler

Well duh, no one here is suggesting it's clear-cut fact, as there are still a couple of holes in the story and a few assumptions are made, but it's probably as close to knowing as we're ever gonna get.

As for the OST stuff, I agree with Sinisdar. As for K'rul's conversation with Envy in MoI,
Spoiler

Its hardly a 'well duh' moment. If you scroll up Apts comment claims it happened in the last couple of decades which is speculation educated guess not fact. Simply trying o differentiate for the OP the difference between forum educated guess work and actual stated knowledge for the book. As ive said up thread we get alot of our info from throwaway lines which is what makes the series so interesting yet information from earlier books can change.

OST
Spoiler

As I said these Chainings probably happened along the timescale others have mentioned and that were all aware of but it not as clear cut as some are making it here with the accuracy of nailing it down to one year.

EDIT- weve become way off topic in regards to the OP. Id say RAFO for a better picture of the Chainings

The 'well duh' was about it being educated guesswork and not established fact, not about the event itself. I think everybody can see that we haven't fully proved it, nor can we with the evidence we have.

As for the second:
Spoiler

Yes I really hope Blood and Bone covers it and I expect it might, given its location (almost forgot were only on the HOC forum)

OST
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Jean-Claude Van tiam: 13 June 2012 - 10:25 AM

#23 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

Tiam, you're making a lot of mistakes that are clouding the issue for you...
Spoiler

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#24 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

View PostD, on 13 June 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

Tiam, you're making a lot of mistakes that are clouding the issue for you...
Spoiler

There not mistakes but I can completely see why you think they are

Spoiler

As I said I can see why you think im making mistakes bt there not really

We have have gone off topic so should maybe transfer to thread ive linked?

This post has been edited by Jean-Claude Van tiam: 13 June 2012 - 10:00 PM

#25 User is offline   Fiddler 

• Fiddler
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

Uhm here's a funny observation to further murk the waters.

The Fallen One isn't the only thing chained in the novels.

Yup. Totally isn't.

Remember
Spoiler

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users