Malazan Empire: Documentaries: The Thread - Malazan Empire

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Documentaries: The Thread Hot Docs, and which ones we love!

#61 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:30 AM

The "recommended for you" algorithm has brought this front and center for me. Whooboy, it looks batshit crazy.

#62 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 April 2020 - 09:33 PM

Watched The Inventor: Out For Blood In Silicon Valley.

It was unsettling. Elizabeth Holmes is a disturbing person to observe and the weirdness is an all encompassing presence in her personality. The deep voice thing is so f'd up, she started low and then took it to octaves even lower, I suppose for effect to be taken even more seriously. And her blood shot eyes from not blinking was just about enough for me to flip it off, but I powered through it. And here is a lot of b-roll during the doc where you get the full impact of her strange mannerisms. The people backing her, many from respected backgrounds and careers, who were drinking the Kool-Aid was surprising.

#63 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 29 April 2020 - 01:14 PM

So Michael Moore's new Doc (PLANET OF THE HUMANS) is an about face from his previous work (where he's a staunch leftist), and bends the other way almost fucking endorsing the Fossil Fuel industry...surprising everyone, by taking pot shots at clean energy...not sure what happened in Moore's life, but he's clearly gone off the deep end with this new doc.

Don't bother watching it, here's someone easily debunking it...

https://pvbuzz.com/p...-of-the-humans/

Funnily enough, as a film/doc viewer of many years, seeing the bullshit in documentaries that bends around the truth to tell a compelling "story" is easier here than elsewhere...but yeah, what a shitshow.

Everyone should just watch REVOLUTION instead, or THE 11th HOUR. Both are far superior pieces about clean energy and the future.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#64 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 August 2020 - 07:28 PM

Finished up the HBO documentary series I'll Be Gone in the Dark. If you are in any minor way interested in the true crime genre of shows/books/media, you owe it to yourself to watch this. Flippn' A it is gripping. I'm not a true crime addict personally, but I found this tense and harrowing and so very fascinating. Based on the book by Michelle McNamara (and produced and developed while she is still working on the book), it is broken into 6 episodes. Sadly Michelle McNamara died while still working on the book, but it was completed by her husband (comedian/actor Patton Oswalt) and friends in the true crime online community. Damn she has masterful control with writing outstanding and compelling observations that the documentary, smartly so, features throughout. She also had an absolute obsession with this case and by the end she nails pretty much everything about the killer down to the smallest details. I was fookin' gobsmacked by that talent. And fuckin A, I am humbled by her writing. So much so, I'm going to read the book. Any you page turning, tree killers read the book? Any good?

In summary, watch I'll Be Gone in the Dark. Very much worth it. You won't be disappointed.

#65 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 October 2020 - 03:13 PM

Watched the 2 part HBO documentary Agents of Chaos. We're right back to 2016 and haven't done or learned anything. The recent Hunter Biden, laptop, emails found by computer repair man is an example.

Here's the trailer.

#66 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 20 December 2022 - 07:36 PM

BBC Documentary:

BIG OIL VS THE WORLD

Part 1 (Denial)

Part II (Doubt)

Part III (Delay)

Fair warning, this will ENRAGE you.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 20 December 2022 - 07:39 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users