Malazan Empire: King of house of chains? - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

King of house of chains?

#1 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

At the very end of the book Skinner ends up on the island of the Crippled God and accepts the role of King of the House of Chains. Now Iam not sure, I think I need to reread earlier books but hasn't Kallor already taken up that position?

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

Kallor was/is the Reaver of the House of Chains.

What you need to remember though is that a position in the house is not the same as what you see in a reading. People can fulfil a role of a house with out actually holding the title.

Kallor probably has little interest in being the Reaver of the House of Chains since the house it self has little power, yet. He may have simply been filling the role while the position was vacant.

As for the King. Maybe Rhulad was holding it for a short while along with being an MS. Maybe Skinner has it now. It is not certain.

I reckon that Blood and Bones might reveal something next.

#3 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

in MOI:

Gethol in his discussion with Kallor offered a place in the house.

Kallor asked if the position of King was available, and if his throne was suitable for such a position.

he was never explicitly given the position though, so it was still available for claiming by Skinner.
meh. Link was dead :(

#4 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:07 AM

View PostAptorius, on 20 May 2012 - 07:26 PM, said:

Kallor was/is the Reaver of the House of Chains.

What you need to remember though is that a position in the house is not the same as what you see in a reading. People can fulfil a role of a house with out actually holding the title.

Kallor probably has little interest in being the Reaver of the House of Chains since the house it self has little power, yet. He may have simply been filling the role while the position was vacant.

As for the King. Maybe Rhulad was holding it for a short while along with being an MS. Maybe Skinner has it now. It is not certain.

I reckon that Blood and Bones might reveal something next.

But Kallor is still getting from the Crippled God, right? I mean that was a Warren of Chaos he used to arrive and kill Ereko?

#5 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:17 AM

Yah.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#6 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

IMO, when Fiddler is scanning his new deck in tBH, he is not doing a reading of the people around him, but of the deck and their related High House positions, so when the King of High House Chains card shows what is clearly (to readers, but not to Gesler) Rhulad, that is confirmation that ever since MoI Rhulad has been the King of High House Chains in the pantheon system. When Gethol spoke to Kallor, it was either deception or TCG hadn't yet moved Rhulad into that role yet. And then at the end of RotCG, the King position is vacant so Skinner takes it.

TtH Spoiler:
Spoiler

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users