Malazan Empire: Sengoku Interlude One - Malazan Empire

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sengoku Interlude One The Emperor Has No Clothes!

#21 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:23 AM

View PostDinivan, on 14 March 2012 - 12:35 AM, said:

View PostOlar Ethil, on 13 March 2012 - 07:04 PM, said:

/snip

Ah, but there's a difference between people who are not posting much and people who are laying low. I mean, you're not going to lynch someone who has said nothing, but someone who posts but is non-committal...those you can go after.

What Karosis said here also made me uneasy. Going for someone who seems non-committal, not someone who hasn't posted but someone who is not making waves? It is day one. Day one generally does not see very many strong cases and it can be understandable then why people are non-committal, many are even though they vote a certain player on day one. I'm not saying non-commital players do not warrant attention but I think that they become more apparent and more likely to be scum or role later in the game. On day one it can be a combination of not much to comment on, weak cases and time constraints. I think going after that on day one makes it just as likely to hit town.

eh, snipping my former post, I think I went a little overboard, as last vet's game was still on my mind a bit, and that was a special situation.

Generally I dislike (as Karosis does) the tendency to let day 1 slide, to find nothing bad in non-committal behaviour etc. Only gives places for scum to hide, doesn't benefit town.

Now here OE (and someone else later one) even advocate that non-commital players should be alone, as scum is usually "more enthusiastic about the game". this approach minimizes the possible information on the thread and should be abandoned.

Don't use the veteran's game as an example of anything except for how we absolutely SUCK BALLS when we are altless and are being retards. I can't remember the last altless game scum didn't win.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#22 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:25 AM

View PostDinivan, on 15 March 2012 - 12:48 AM, said:

Mind is blown.

How can be Karosis be such a huge distraction it needs lynching (btw, this argument always sucks)
And because some very few players also play "erratic" when they are scum, suddenly erratic=scum ? (Atrahal analysis this correctly, imho)

And thread leader=scum, too? ("I think he tries to control the thread, so must be scum")

Barking up many trees = scum ?

I sure don't get this metagame. How they can lynch karosis here is beyond me. Atrahal+Rashan are playing a nice game so far, shame that they can't/dont try hard enough to prevent the karosis lynch. Silanah also shifted her vote too fast.

Day 1 = Asshattery. At least make it useful asshattery and lynch someone and put pressure on people.

It's at least only mostly wasted.

Twue wuv!
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#23 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:42 AM

I do my best to be abrasive on Day 1. It takes a lot of effort, because I would never naturally go out of my way to incite and rile, but I see it as a necessary evil at the start of games. I don't really care if I get lynched as RI, I just want to make sure people are talking about something. You've got to pick on people to make that happen.

Actually, I think Day 1 went rather well (or at least until The Dude and Starling decided to force through a vote based on OMGUS rather than any real critical thought). Lots of discussion going on, people raking over the coals instead of just following the herd like normally happens.

Khell's right on the money with his Tennes suspicion. Wonder if he'll be able to follow it up.

Also, I don't know what twelve is trying to do, but the self-vote/wallowing in self-pity thing really doesn't play well to this crowd, in my experience. Expecting it to be a one-way ticket to lynch station for him.

FWIW I was way off on all the lines of thought I was pursuing.

ST
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#24 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:01 AM

View PostSir Thursday, on 15 March 2012 - 02:42 AM, said:

Khell's right on the money with his Tennes suspicion. Wonder if he'll be able to follow it up.

If he does, it will be for his new team. He's going to be the only recruit tonight apparently.

I'm a little surprised - I knew it was going to get harder to recruit as the game went along, but the odds were certainly against two recruiters picking the same target on Day 1.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#25 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:02 AM

Also, Silanah has deferred night 1. Why she thinks it's a good idea to sit on the powers is beyond me, especially since I made sure she knows that people can't use powers the night they receive them. In my estimation she's hamstringing town by not submitting an action.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#26 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:28 AM

Khell's reaction to being recruited

Atrahal, on 15 March 2012 - 03:22 AM, said:

Sigh, it was kinda inevitable I'd be recruited if I didn't die, I think I played a pretty blatant RI game so far. I'd be surprised if no one else suspects that I've been recruited.

Gamelon huh - well good game so far, not a single mention of him yet.

Even though normally I have no compunction about switching sides, this time I felt I really wanted to fight for my emperor :( I guess for now just continue playing how I did though.

D'rek is now in a position where she is far less likely to be recruited. Two of three recruiters tried to recruit her and failed, so unless Gamelon goes for her, or one of the ones who failed does the unlikely thing of trying again, she'll probably play out this game as town.

#27 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:58 AM

Ansible has indeed needed to withdraw from the game.

dktorode is taking his place.

#28 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

What's the PS password? I want to go and read all these PMs from people complaining about me :(.

(I ask because I can't seem to find it written anywhere on this thread or in the passwords section).

ST

This post has been edited by Sir Thursday: 15 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#29 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

Silanah, on 15 March 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

Provisional Vig to Serc.
I have a feeling he won't be lynched anytime soon, and ever since Vengy got unlimited Vigs as Serc in Ambience, I've always thought of Serc as the default vig alt.

Hmm...still think she should be giving out finds first. The longer she waits, the worse the odds that she picks a townie. I suppose if she's worried about giving vigs to scum, this is the smart move.

Emurlahn is next on Korv's list.

#30 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

Various speculations from players

Khell

Atrahal, on 15 March 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

From their last couple of posts, I get the feeling that Silanah might have off-thread comms with Tennes. That would explain why Tennes was so happy to vocally vote in the same way as Silanah. To compound that, I get the feeling that I'm about to be set up for a lynch.

When someone says, "I'd like your thoughts on Atrahal" after never having mentioned me before, is never a good sign.

D'rek

Liosan, on 15 March 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

I know there's a bunch of newish players in here, but seriously guys how hard is it to understand that this is a (multi-)cult game, not a standard town vs scum. You can't compare cult behaviour to M&P killers behaviour!

twelve

Korvalain, on 15 March 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

I was thinking along the lines of STD in regards to the whole specialty "flaver" as you call it. I can only recruit those that have caligraphy specialties. I may be wrong I don't know. I was probably guarded last night and that is why my recruit failed.

Also the lack of a night kill last night leads me to believe maybe town does have night kills in this game.

King Lear after his successful recruit

Gamelon, on 15 March 2012 - 03:50 AM, said:

Oohh good! Now who else will do... I don't really want them killing each other I suppose. Being all culty is complicated.

I take it I don't get notified if some other scum pinches them off me. Hmm, if recruits can be recruited, can they reveal they've previously been recruited? I presume that they know I'm their leader, so they could point me out to the general thread if they're stuck in a corner being lynched.

I'm guessing it takes longer than a single to recruit someone who's already been recruited, hence the partial recruit thing.

This is fun!

#31 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

Oooo, Korv goes after a town power role.

Korvalain, on 15 March 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

Actually I think it's time to overhaul the list after yesterday

Recruit in this order. If dead go to the next one.

Kalse
Omtose
Serc
D'riss
Tellan
Tennes
Sorrit
Okaros
Mockra
Ruse
Atrahal
Barghast
Gamelon
Rashan
Olar Ethil
Fener

Emurlahn
Liosan

#32 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 15 March 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

Provisional Vig to Serc.
I have a feeling he won't be lynched anytime soon, and ever since Vengy got unlimited Vigs as Serc in Ambience, I've always thought of Serc as the default vig alt.

Hmm...still think she should be giving out finds first. The longer she waits, the worse the odds that she picks a townie. I suppose if she's worried about giving vigs to scum, this is the smart move.

Hrm. Yeah. I'd agree.

#33 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 15 March 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

Oooo, Korv goes after a town power role.

Korvalain, on 15 March 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

Actually I think it's time to overhaul the list after yesterday

Recruit in this order. If dead go to the next one.

Kalse
Omtose
Serc
D'riss
Tellan
Tennes
Sorrit
Okaros
Mockra
Ruse
Atrahal
Barghast
Gamelon
Rashan
Olar Ethil
Fener

Emurlahn
Liosan

I'm guessing he put Kalse top because he mentioned calligraphy in his first post...I guess my ideas have taken root, even if they were completely wrong :(.

Also, to ask again - is the PS password written down anywhere? Because I can't seem to find it in any of the threads in here. Worth getting it down on paper (if you'll pardon the anachronistic idiom) so that we are keeping track of these things.

ST

This post has been edited by Sir Thursday: 15 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

#34 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:47 PM

View PostH.D., on 15 March 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on 15 March 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

Provisional Vig to Serc.

Hrm. Yeah. I'd agree.

I'm very surprised Azathmaster didn't hand one out on Night 1. It's by far the best time to give one out - the chances of giving it to scum are at their lowest, and the amount of time the recipient has to use it is at its highest. I think you're right about giving out the finds first as well - as the Veteran's game proved, vigs in the early game generally aren't that useful. You want those around in the late game to help solve the game. On the other hand, the earlier you get finder information the better.

ST

#35 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:53 PM

I think by now half of the game has figured out that korv is twelve. Here is just one sample of the many PMs I've gotten saying so.

Rashan, on 15 March 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

Korv is twelve?

And D'riss has some thoughts about Atrahal

D, on 15 March 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

How frustrating. I can't really articulate why I don't like Atrahal, other than a feeling from all of his posts. If I were scum that's how I would act, I would be all over the place instead of laying low. Fucking bastard.

Twelve cracked me up yesterday. Was that an act to get sympathy for the last game?

And I think Tellan may be scummy too. That fake symping bit seemed over the top.

...who is feeling very "woe is me"

Atrahal, on 15 March 2012 - 10:57 PM, said:

You should have given me the Korabas alt - I'm totally the Otataral Dragon, everyone hates me, all I do turns to chaos, but I just want to do good! :(

#36 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:26 AM

Ok, neither ministers have submitted their heals yet. If they don't choose any of these three townies, Okaros will join Tennes, Ruse will join Gamelon and Korv will get a partial success on Kalse.

ETA: I edited in the password for Path-Shaper into post #2. If anyone wants to do vote counts, by all means go ahead. I'm not going to be on for the next 6 hours or so.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 16 March 2012 - 05:29 AM

#37 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

For the record, here are Bubba's secret 3 people:

Omtose, on 16 March 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

Athral, Driss and Tellan....

Rashan is high on the list at this point too.

Also, Fener is going to be modkilled once day times out, so even if town doesn't get a lynch they'll get Fener's CF.

#38 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

JLV a little off base, but I can see why he might speculate that.

Rashan, on 16 March 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

Emurlahn is scum, D'riss his symp.

#39 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

Does it tally that the two recruiters who failed to recruit Liosan last night will have tried to egg this lynch on? Will need to check the train.

ST

EDIT: Tennes seemed reasonably enthusiastic, but Korvalain didn't. *shrugs*

This post has been edited by Sir Thursday: 16 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

#40 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

Tennes, on 16 March 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

1. Mentalist - Barghast
2. JLV D'riss
3. Gavin Gamelon
4. K0rbas (Khell)
5. King Lear Ruse
6. Grief Atrahal
7. Azathmaster
8. Ansible (may drop out)
9. Mott Olar Ethil
10. Tattersail Tennes
11. Starling
12. Sir Thursday dead. karosis
13. HiddenOne
14. Lizra EMURLAHN
15. Lady Bliss Rashan
16. Twelve
17. D'rek (if numbers needed)
18. Vengeance (if starting Tuesday or later) Omtose
19. The Dude
20. Kurt Montadon Fener
21. Bubba Atrahal

I'll edit this after another read through

Yeah, I was surprised neither decided to make anything of it. Neither said anything except the equivalent of "damn" in PMs.

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users