Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tayschrenn and Shadowthrone

#1 User is offline   Henschy 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

At the end of BH, Shadowthrone talked to Tayschrenn and said that apparently Tayschrenn hadnt been so locked up and idle as it would seem, implying he had been doing alot of things in the end? And also that he had been Quickbens Shaved knuckle? Why? And that he had been in on QBs and Kalams scheme?
And then Tayschrenn surprised ST by saying he knows a whole lot and stuff, but whats the signification in that information?

I sorta missed out on Tayschrenns involvement in anything this book.

#2 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

View PostHenschy, on 01 March 2012 - 04:41 PM, said:

At the end of BH, Shadowthrone talked to Tayschrenn and said that apparently Tayschrenn hadnt been so locked up and idle as it would seem, implying he had been doing alot of things in the end? No, Tays was saying that he hadn't been outmaneuvered by Mallick, he had simply chosen not to act and interfere with the events going on.
And also that he had been Quickbens Shaved knuckle? Why? And that he had been in on QBs and Kalams scheme? QB and Kalam didn't have much of a scheme going on in Malaz City, but yes Tays did agree to be QB's shaved knuckle when they met briefly much earlier in the book.
And then Tayschrenn surprised ST by saying he knows a whole lot and stuff, but whats the signification in that information? Well, he cautions ST to worry more about the Malazan Empire than the Wickans. Not sure much of the rest is all that significant beyond learning more about Tays.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3 User is offline   Henschy 

• Recruit

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:32 PM

View PostD, on 01 March 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

At the end of BH, Shadowthrone talked to Tayschrenn and said that apparently Tayschrenn hadnt been so locked up and idle as it would seem, implying he had been doing alot of things in the end? No, Tays was saying that he hadn't been outmaneuvered by Mallick, he had simply chosen not to act and interfere with the events going on.
And also that he had been Quickbens Shaved knuckle? Why? And that he had been in on QBs and Kalams scheme? QB and Kalam didn't have much of a scheme going on in Malaz City, but yes Tays did agree to be QB's shaved knuckle when they met briefly much earlier in the book.
And then Tayschrenn surprised ST by saying he knows a whole lot and stuff, but whats the signification in that information? Well, he cautions ST to worry more about the Malazan Empire than the Wickans. Not sure much of the rest is all that significant beyond learning more about Tays.

Ah okay thanks, good then I havn't missed anything big done by Tayschrenn, I thought that this little ending of the book dropped some huge Tayschrenn bomb here, but basically, he havnt done anything major and no real information was revealed here. Expect a hint of foreshadowing with something about to stir the Malazan Empire.

#4 User is offline   Black Winged Lord 

• Sergeant

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:05 AM

You know, thinking about this now, how cool would the epicness have been if QB had played Tays against Icarium. For all that Quicks a powerhouse I think this battle would have escalated a lot further with Tayschrenn involved.

The question would have been whether Tay would act in this scenario, which I would've thought he'd had to, not knowing that the E'res'al would intervene. Another interesting question would be if Shadowthrone would've allowed his involvement in this encounter, based on evidence from later in the series.

#5 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:47 AM

View PostHenschy, on 05 March 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

View PostD, on 01 March 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

Ah okay thanks, good then I havn't missed anything big done by Tayschrenn, I thought that this little ending of the book dropped some huge Tayschrenn bomb here, but basically, he havnt done anything major and no real information was revealed here. Expect a hint of foreshadowing with something about to stir the Malazan Empire.

Read ROTCG for a direct sequel to TBH. RG will take you to the continent of Lether again whereas ROTCG is set on Quon Tali and thus will shedmore light on the matter.

#6 User is offline   Vaddon Ra 

• Fist

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

View PostBlack Winged Lord, on 15 June 2012 - 04:05 AM, said:

You know, thinking about this now, how cool would the epicness have been if QB had played Tays against Icarium. For all that Quicks a powerhouse I think this battle would have escalated a lot further with Tayschrenn involved.

The question would have been whether Tay would act in this scenario, which I would've thought he'd had to, not knowing that the E'res'al would intervene. Another interesting question would be if Shadowthrone would've allowed his involvement in this encounter, based on evidence from later in the series.

Spoiler

Watch the spoilers please ~Bubba

#7 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:20 PM

Dude, spoilers.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic