Malazan Empire: The USA Politics Thread - Malazan Empire

• 707 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#10661 User is offline   stone monkey 

• I'm the baddest man alive and I don't plan to die...
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods

Posted 22 June 2020 - 04:50 PM

The Biden Campaign got a nice little schadenfreudy dig in by pointing out that the sign-up for this fiasco didn't ask anyone to confirm that they were over 18. Hence the data haul that the Trump Campaign was bragging about getting is useless, as they can't keep any of the data because they have no way to check that anyone they've scooped up is is a minor; hence they'd be in violation of COPPA if they used this dataset for marketing purposes because it's likely that they're holding on to minors' data that they can't weed out and expunge.

It's like turtles of incompetence all the way down.

This post has been edited by stone monkey: 22 June 2020 - 04:52 PM

If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#10662 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:40 PM

Not sure when the next Trump racist rally is for all the mouth breathing racist MAGAites, but you know they are going to want to make a show after the poor turnout in Oklahoma. It will be a 'Coughchella' that will quake the land.

#10663 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 22 June 2020 - 07:08 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 22 June 2020 - 06:40 PM, said:

Not sure when the next Trump racist rally is for all the mouth breathing racist MAGAites, but you know they are going to want to make a show after the poor turnout in Oklahoma. It will be a 'Coughchella' that will quake the land.

Is he above paying people to attend if need be? (Maybe a loan... abusing government (or 'charity') funds.)

#10664 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 22 June 2020 - 07:20 PM

I swear I regularly see people screenshotting as for actors for his rallies... assuming that's real. It's certainly believable.
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#10665 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 June 2020 - 03:28 PM

Trump's explanation about slowing coronavirus testing (no, he wasn't joking btw, as is being spun), should remove any doubt that he is not, and never was, fit to be president.

#10666 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 June 2020 - 04:01 PM

Are they using covid as the justification for cutting polling stations in Kentucky from 3200 to 200? Or is it just straight up barefaced disenfranchisement?

#10667 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 23 June 2020 - 04:34 PM

From what I read they've been pushing all voters to vote by mail for a month to avoid large gatherings and then centring physical voting places in giant venues with a ton of open space. And it's being pushed by a... I want to say it's a democrat governor.

#10668 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 June 2020 - 04:36 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 23 June 2020 - 03:28 PM, said:

Trump's explanation about slowing coronavirus testing (no, he wasn't joking btw, as is being spun), should remove any doubt that he is not, and never was, fit to be president.

He came out today and said he's not joking about slowing testing.

#10669 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:06 PM

But trump has told us mail in votes will let the non white liberal fraudster scammers vote in large numbers

#10670 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 23 June 2020 - 11:52 PM

View PostMacros, on 23 June 2020 - 09:06 PM, said:

But trump has told us mail in votes will let the non white liberal fraudster scammers vote in large numbers

The really weird thing about this mail voting is that Trump, Pence, and almost every top GOP person votes by mail. And Trump kind of voted illegally by claiming the white house as his address for a ballot in Florida.

He's ranting against the fucked things he does because he's that big a jerk.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#10671 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 24 June 2020 - 01:21 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 23 June 2020 - 03:28 PM, said:

You have to be retarded to brush aside the only cover you had for saying something that stupid!

How do people vote for this guy. He is inept!

#10672 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:16 AM

"Donald Trump has been the worst president this country has ever had. And I don't say that hyperbolically. He is. But he is a consequential president. And he has brought this country in three short years to a place of weakness that is simply unimaginable if you were pondering where we are today from the day where Barack Obama left office. And there were a lot of us on that day who were deeply skeptical and very worried about what a Trump presidency would be. But this is a moment of unparalleled national humiliation, of weakness.

"When you listen to the President, these are the musings of an imbecile. An idiot. And I don't use those words to name call. I use them because they are the precise words of the English language to describe his behavior. His comportment. His actions. We've never seen a level of incompetence, a level of ineptitude so staggering on a daily basis by anybody in the history of the country whose ever been charged with substantial responsibilities.

"It's just astonishing that this man is president of the United States. The man, the con man, from New York City. Many bankruptcies, failed businesses, a reality show, that branded him as something that he never was. A successful businessman. Well, he's the President of the United States now, and the man who said he would make the country great again. And he's brought death, suffering, and economic collapse on truly an epic scale. And let's be clear. This isn't happening in every country around the world. This place. Our place. Our home. Our country. The United States. We are the epicenter. We are the place where you're the most likely to die from this disease. We're the ones with the most shattered economy. And we are because of the fool that sits in the Oval Office behind the Resolute Desk."
- Steve Schmidt

#10673 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:12 AM

View PostCause, on 24 June 2020 - 03:16 AM, said:

"Donald Trump has been the worst president this country has ever had. And I don't say that hyperbolically. He is. But he is a consequential president. And he has brought this country in three short years to a place of weakness that is simply unimaginable if you were pondering where we are today from the day where Barack Obama left office. And there were a lot of us on that day who were deeply skeptical and very worried about what a Trump presidency would be. But this is a moment of unparalleled national humiliation, of weakness.

"When you listen to the President, these are the musings of an imbecile. An idiot. And I don't use those words to name call. I use them because they are the precise words of the English language to describe his behavior. His comportment. His actions. We've never seen a level of incompetence, a level of ineptitude so staggering on a daily basis by anybody in the history of the country whose ever been charged with substantial responsibilities.

"It's just astonishing that this man is president of the United States. The man, the con man, from New York City. Many bankruptcies, failed businesses, a reality show, that branded him as something that he never was. A successful businessman. Well, he's the President of the United States now, and the man who said he would make the country great again. And he's brought death, suffering, and economic collapse on truly an epic scale. And let's be clear. This isn't happening in every country around the world. This place. Our place. Our home. Our country. The United States. We are the epicenter. We are the place where you're the most likely to die from this disease. We're the ones with the most shattered economy. And we are because of the fool that sits in the Oval Office behind the Resolute Desk."
- Steve Schmidt

And this is coming from Steve Schmidt, a man who had to deal with Sarah Palin on a daily basis. It really ought to make people pay attention.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#10674 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:58 PM

Welp.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#10675 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 25 June 2020 - 04:05 AM

https://www.cnn.com/...navirus-vpx.cnn

I can only interpret this as undiagnosed mental illness. Whose mind works like this?

Citizens arrest? Blasphemy to wear a mask because gods breathing machine is perfect?

#10676 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 25 June 2020 - 05:55 PM

'DOJ Ethics Office Says Bill Barr Can Investigate Political Enemies Under False Pretext'

https://slate.com/ne...al-enemies.html

#10677 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:24 AM

Trying to repeal the affordable care act now? Trump thinks this will win him votes? Are they trying to implode his campaign on purpose now before he takes them all down?

#10678 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:15 AM

This story about Russia paying the Taliban to attack American soldiers and the White House apparently knowing about it, it just keeps snowballing. You should read this article, it's crazy:

AP sources: White House aware of Russian bounties in 2019

So this means that the White House did know about this ages ago. And still Trump has been sucking Putin's dick. Numerous phone calls, inviting him to the G7 or 8 how ever many they are now a days, wanting Putin to visit the White House.

Like, how do you spin this? Bolton is quoted as saying, that you could spin that Trump just wasn't aware, but according to the article as far as I can tell there were 3 or 4 briefings, written and oral presentations. So either Trump is completely ignoring national security, making him grossly incompetent as a commander in chief or he did know, making him a traitor and a collaborator by keeping silent and doing nothing.

Is there no lines where the GOP has to stop up and act? Is the hole they've dug bottomless?

On a scale from zero to Benghazi, how would you rate this?

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 30 June 2020 - 11:18 AM

#10679 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:57 PM

If true, definitely waaaay bigger than Benghazi.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#10680 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM

Not for these jokers. Even after their own prosecutor said there was no there there, they remained convinced that Hillary opened the gates to the attackers personally.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

Share this topic:

• 707 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users