The USA Politics Thread

#4421 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:43 AM

Vengeance, on 13 January 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

Nicodimas, on 13 January 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

@ Terez

At the moment it seems he is doing his damnest to go against the deep state and remove Russia from the war-efforts they so want. We will see if he can go against the people behind the scenes. A branch of peace hopefully gets extended after the Obama/Bush the old guard deep state regime gets pushed aside...We will see he is just one man, but he is definitely playing chess and is not getting the credit that he is due on the stage he has been given.

I'm am pysched to see what positive changes he can inflict in this department. Hopefully the deep state doesn't win and he can empower a different part of old part of making America great again without the deep states Warhawks. However, I see the current stage very different lately.... Let's see if Trump can actually take on the neo-con deep state policy.

Tough call at the moment they are doing everything to subvert him. Russia is not the enemy. Iran is not the enemy. We need to take deep look at the neo-cons and oust them . Make the rest the world believe in America.

On the war on Trump.
https://theintercept...ic-is-deceived/

Let's see how it goes and if Trump can compete against them. Make America great again! He has not to just take them on, but also a unwinding economic policy too. I don't envy Trump he could be a great president, but if he caves............maybe the price of that much power is just falling in line. I don't know .. I'm choosing to believe for now.

@tapper: debt really doesn't matter anymore, we never left the depression. We have had multiple presidents double and triple the debt ( Reagan, Bush, Obama) . We have played the game for so long now.... As long as everyone believes in the fiction we will be fine. We are all in this together now. So in 8 years when Trump is done.... if it's 40 trillion it wouldn't surprise me...

In all honesty, everything will be just fine.

Yeah he is playing something all right. Roulette with civil rights, women and minority rights and you know ethics and conflicts of interest. Also there is that little thing called rule of law.

So if your fine with a corrupt country being ran by a billionaire class obligatory who basically will wage war on anyone and everyone who disagree's with them. Then welcome to Russia now and American if Trump gets reelected. Which I doubt will happen. I fully expect that the democrates will take back the senate in 2018 and a bunch of house seats then start impeachment preceedings against Trump. He will resign when faced with probable impeachment and Pence will finish out Trumps term and not be reelected. It will be Trumps in ability to seperate himself from his business deals and commercial empire that will do him in.

That's putting a lot of faith in the Democrats not to trip over their own feet and have learned jack from the election. :p

Honestly, I think if impeachment proceedings were to begin, no way Trump would resign. He'd ride that political nuke straight down into the ground rather than admit he'd been beaten. I can see the tweet now: 'Head Clown Chuck Schumer and Nancy PeLoser duped by fake news and are trying to impeach. Won't win. Unconstitutional!'

This post has been edited by MTS: 14 January 2017 - 11:46 AM

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#4422 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:24 PM

MTS, on 14 January 2017 - 11:43 AM, said:

I can see the tweet now: 'Head Clown Chuck Schumer and Nancy PeLoser duped by fake news and are trying to impeach. Won't win. Unconstitutional!'

I'm just quoting that right here, for posterity. That way, it'll be even easier to find once your status as a prophet has been confirmed!
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#4423 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:47 PM

No. I think the current appointments are great! Trump should be able to with these appointments completely rework the way America works and reenergize corporate America back to the golden age. He should be able to shred through policy and government agencies that have been holding the above back. Both systems will look different after 4( then 8) years.

The way I figure is after he works to make America great,inside the first four years...

Trump will make America rise as a businessman in charge of government could only yield great things.

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 14 January 2017 - 10:49 PM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#4424 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:13 PM

I can never tell if you're being serious Nico.

He appointed a climate change denier and I think one time coal baron (something involving fossil fuels anyway) to a position in charge of the EPA.

I know I'm not American but my god man, Trump is an idiot that will send you all up the swanny with no paddle. Unless you're already well off you're fucked under this man's governance.
Big business will crush it's employees further, banks will screw everyone even more and the 1%ers will gather even more of the nation's wealth for themselves.

ETA - Trump as a business man is a failure. How many of his companies have filed in the past, like 4?
What about trump tower? Bet his tax returns are interesting.
Also, if he had taken his daddy's money and just let it sit in a hedge fund or something he would have a lot more money than he does now, he's a posturing moron with the business aplomb of a turkey

This post has been edited by Macros: 14 January 2017 - 11:16 PM

#4425 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:04 AM

Nicodimas, on 13 January 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

@ Terez

At the moment it seems he is doing his damnest to go against the deep state and remove Russia from the war-efforts they so want. We will see if he can go against the people behind the scenes. A branch of peace hopefully gets extended after the Obama/Bush the old guard deep state regime gets pushed aside...We will see he is just one man, but he is definitely playing chess and is not getting the credit that he is due on the stage he has been given.

I'm am pysched to see what positive changes he can inflict in this department. Hopefully the deep state doesn't win and he can empower a different part of old part of making America great again without the deep states Warhawks. However, I see the current stage very different lately.... Let's see if Trump can actually take on the neo-con deep state policy.

Tough call at the moment they are doing everything to subvert him. Russia is not the enemy. Iran is not the enemy. We need to take deep look at the neo-cons and oust them . Make the rest the world believe in America.

On the war on Trump.
https://theintercept...ic-is-deceived/

Let's see how it goes and if Trump can compete against them. Make America great again! He has not to just take them on, but also a unwinding economic policy too. I don't envy Trump he could be a great president, but if he caves............maybe the price of that much power is just falling in line. I don't know .. I'm choosing to believe for now.

@tapper: debt really doesn't matter anymore, we never left the depression. We have had multiple presidents double and triple the debt ( Reagan, Bush, Obama) . We have played the game for so long now.... As long as everyone believes in the fiction we will be fine. We are all in this together now. So in 8 years when Trump is done.... if it's 40 trillion it wouldn't surprise me...

In all honesty, everything will be just fine.

Sure, the country with a veto on the Security council, a stockpile of nukes and the ONLY such state to straight-out ANNEX a portion of another sovereign state since WW2 is not the enemy.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#4426 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:06 AM

Nicodimas, on 14 January 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:

No. I think the current appointments are great! Trump should be able to with these appointments completely rework the way America works and reenergize corporate America back to the golden age. He should be able to shred through policy and government agencies that have been holding the above back. Both systems will look different after 4( then 8) years.

The way I figure is after he works to make America great,inside the first four years...

Trump will make America rise as a businessman in charge of government could only yield great things.

At the expense of decades worth of civil rights gains?

Also, I too can't tell if you're being serious or deliberately "trolling".

#4427 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:35 AM

A return to Corporate America's "Golden Age".

What a bizarre reading of history, and what a heartbreakingly meager hope for the future.

I didn't think I could get more depressed about this, but you did it.

Who knew the answer to the debate on whether we were heading towards 1984 or Brave New World was "Why not do both?"
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4428 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:11 AM

Corporate America's golden age was what... 1776 to 1865?

That lasted a long time, so it must be good, right?
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#4429 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:31 AM

amphibian, on 15 January 2017 - 05:11 AM, said:

Pretty sure Nico is either thinking postwar boom (you know, when the top marginal tax rate was 91%, and there was twice the regulation of banks and corporations that there are today, as well as upwards of 30% union membership) or the post deregulation of the late 70s and early 80s (when that whole first major recession since the Great Depression happened, corporations started moving manufacturing overseas en masse, and households were forced to get a second wage earner because of rising cost of living versus stagnant wages, setting us up for 2008 and the current status quo).

But you know, it's easy to see how confusing it might be, telling those apart from the fictional utopia of America's golden age that never really existed in the form people seem to remember.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#4430 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:10 AM

Surely corporate America's Golden Age is now Nico? Lower regulations, lower taxes, lower wages and lower union membership than has been seen in a long time. Add in a media environment where any attempt to change these realities can be framed as a communist revolution and reach tens of millions of voters, and corporate political donations has been enshrined in Supreme Court precedent as free speech.

Those 'Golden Age' CEOs of the past must be wishing they had it this good!
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#4431 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:14 PM

A good businessman in charge of the government would be interesting. It'd be intriguing to see what Elon Musk, for example (he was born in South Africa, so is ineligible), or Bill Gates could come up with (Zuckerberg, not so much).

A businessman whose original success was based on inheriting a lot of wealth and then simply being in the right place at the right time (a bankrupt New York in the 1970s)? And one whose almost every single endeavour outside of that narrow field of real estate since then has collapsed in failure? And whose companies have been made bankrupt six times? That's actually quite dangerous because Trump's default business stance is to create businesses that are "too big to fail" so he gets bailed out, or the businesses are disposable and he can get rid of them because he has no personal liability. He's already said that the USA is "too big to fail" and that the country could take on mountains more debt and be fine, which is extraordinarily dangerous.

It's also concerning that Trump isn't even in power yet and in a few tweets has China threatening to invade Taiwan, is spurring Russia to militarise its borders further (in the belief they have a green light from him to start messing around in Europe) and is moving what's left of the Middle East peace process to total collapse. The chances of a major military conflict (at least regional) erupting as a result of Trump's policies is increasing remarkably with every passing day and he's not even President.

This post has been edited by Werthead: 15 January 2017 - 01:14 PM

Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#4432 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:30 PM

Silencer, on 15 January 2017 - 05:31 AM, said:

Pretty sure Nico is either thinking postwar boom (you know, when the top marginal tax rate was 91%, and there was twice the regulation of banks and corporations that there are today, as well as upwards of 30% union membership) or the post deregulation of the late 70s and early 80s (when that whole first major recession since the Great Depression happened, corporations started moving manufacturing overseas en masse, and households were forced to get a second wage earner because of rising cost of living versus stagnant wages, setting us up for 2008 and the current status quo).

But you know, it's easy to see how confusing it might be, telling those apart from the fictional utopia of America's golden age that never really existed in the form people seem to remember.

MTS, on 15 January 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

Surely corporate America's Golden Age is now Nico? Lower regulations, lower taxes, lower wages and lower union membership than has been seen in a long time. Add in a media environment where any attempt to change these realities can be framed as a communist revolution and reach tens of millions of voters, and corporate political donations has been enshrined in Supreme Court precedent as free speech.

It can always be better! Trump will lead the way as just the leader America truly deserves. A politician of the chosen party could figuratively run the country right into the ground and people would cheer. On the flip side, a party member of the opposite side could be the best thing for the country and they would hate him for it.

#twitterincharge
I like this current news, kicking the press corp across the street. #propagandistscum

https://twitter.com/...661205526343680

So much fake news these day's...kick them out!! I say relocate them outside myself.

Direct to #twitter with the news from Trump
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#4433 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:33 PM

Nicodimas, on 15 January 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

Silencer, on 15 January 2017 - 05:31 AM, said:

MTS, on 15 January 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

It can always be better! Trump will lead the way as just the leader America truly deserves. A politician of the chosen party could figuratively run the country right into the ground and people would cheer. On the flip side, a party member of the opposite side could be the best thing for the country and they would hate him for it.

#twitterincharge
I like this current news, kicking the press corp across the street. #propagandistscum

https://twitter.com/...661205526343680

So much fake news these day's...kick them out!! I say relocate them outside myself.

Direct to #twitter with the news from Trump

Now your just trolling much like trump is doing to democracy in the usa
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#4434 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:42 PM

What do we really like the press corp? I mean seriously how enlightening will in be if Trump can put some people in charge that tell the truth. 6 companies own that room... BYE!! Open the news to anyone, independent's hopefully.

It's going to be an interesting 4 years to say the least.

#4435 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:54 PM

Nicodimas, on 15 January 2017 - 07:42 PM, said:

What do we really like the press corp? I mean seriously how enlightening will in be if Trump can put some people in charge that tell the truth. 6 companies own that room... BYE!! Open the news to anyone, independent's hopefully.

Yes, independents like The Blaze, Breitbart or Infowars, because that would be soooo awesome.

This post has been edited by Primateus: 15 January 2017 - 07:54 PM

#4436 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:37 PM

Primateus, on 15 January 2017 - 07:54 PM, said:

Yes, independents like The Blaze, Breitbart or Infowars, because that would be soooo awesome.

Good article for you : https://soapboxie.co...r-the-Real-News

#4437 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:20 PM

Establishment media is often disappointing, sure. But is there a conservative "solution" to any problem that isn't just "let's make things much worse, and see if that works"?
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4438 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:30 PM

So you would be for the restoration of the Fairness Doctorian. Because anything else would be asking for a foreign power to influence actions in our country.

#4439 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:41 PM

Nicodimas, on 15 January 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

Anything that stays real news automatically disqualify its self from consideration. Blogs are personal opinion pieces. Reporting is done by reporters who develop sources and investigate actions. To cut out reporters from access to the White House is to remove the fourth branch of government. That can only lead to corruption and abuse of power. Something that not even the most corrupt presidents who were under constant pressure from the press have done. Nixon comes to mind. But alas 200k voters spread across 3 states was able to elect a bigoted bully who has neither the attention span nor mental skin thick enough to be president.

Enemployment is currently at 4.7% and wages are growing for the first time since 09. So to combate that we elect a person who has never had to work for a wage in his life.

Life progressing forward not in reverse attempting to capture something that may or may not have existed previously is futile. I pray that we as a nation can survive 4 years of environmental and social assaults.

#4440 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:44 PM

Nicodimas, on 15 January 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

I see that this "article" lists Russia Today (RT) as an independent foreign news source. Funny, seeing as how it's a Russian government controlled news organisation.

Oh, and you're evading my question.

This post has been edited by Primateus: 15 January 2017 - 09:45 PM

Share this topic:

• 721 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

11 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users