The USA Politics Thread

#3621 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:34 AM

View PostEmperorMagus, on 20 October 2016 - 03:30 AM, said:

I didn't know who Chris Wallace was beforehand. I absolutely did not detect any bias in his moderation throughout and was quite surprised to see he was a Fox anchor.

He started out in mainstream broadcasting, forget which station, but he's absolutely one of the best journalists on Fox. Only of the only journalists on Fox, really.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#3622 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:12 AM

So here's the latest on Trump's actual end goal: https://www.buzzfeed...-launched-trump
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3623 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:10 AM

View Postworry, on 20 October 2016 - 04:12 AM, said:

So here's the latest on Trump's actual end goal: https://www.buzzfeed...-launched-trump

Gotta love that logic (which is, from my observations, unique to the Republican side of the spin machine) - "These other news networks are clearly biased against [insert ideology and/or person]! Therefore, we will create our OWN news network/source which despite being named something patently obviously biased, will be the one true and unbiased source of information!"

Seriously, how does that make sense to ANYONE? Never mind that, contrary to popular (read: Fox News) opinion, as an outside observer I can't say as the media in America looks remotely to have a left-wing bias. Sure, at the moment most of them are pounding on Trump, but when you make sure everything you say is nonsensical or bigoted, what reaction did you expect? They are literally just playing back his own words and actions, but it's somehow biased against him?
Even so, typically the media in America looks pretty right-biased to me. Probably doesn't help that the (again, often accused of being "lefty") media here in NZ, and over in Australia, and the UK is largely owned by right-wing media moguls and are often patently biased, with a few hold-outs (predominantly state-owned broadcasters who are obligated to keep bias to a minimum, and report facts). Even something like CNN, though much more left-leaning than others, doesn't exactly go about parading their bias in everyday programming, unlike Fox and its ilk.

Also, @BK - I don't think anyone here would care if you were anti-Democrat. That's a normal position to hold, and as much as the Republicans are *the* go-to party for extreme views, they aren't exactly treated like they're wrong all the time (because sometimes they are correct, though that seems to be getting rarer...).
What's concerning/got people riled up is that you are apparently pro-Trump. If you were voting Trump because he's Republican and you were anti-Democrat, like some of the "my party right or wrong" people, I'd think you were being a bit short-sighted and dogmatic. But it would at least make sense. Instead, you're voting Trump. Deliberately, when you are happy to vote Democrat. That is insane. And puts you in a really awkward position of actively supporting a racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, dictator-in-waiting. A man with no clear policies that actually have a hope in hell of working, and a dumb slogan. Sure, you say it's because you hate Hillary, but honestly? Protest vote. Write-in Cruz or something. But support Trump? Vote for Trump? *That* is a million times more irrational and concerning than simply being anti-Democrat.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#3624 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:33 AM

View PostI Got Crabs, on 20 October 2016 - 05:44 AM, said:

Once again I can respect that. 2/3 of this election is going to be protest votes on both sides. I'm vastly curious to learn the number of 1st time baby boomer voters afterwards. Anti election.

Note none of y'all concern/rile me in our different choice for chair. I love you all this much | |. :p

What if I said Cajun is nonsense food? Do you still love me?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#3625 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 20 October 2016 - 12:10 PM

Made me chuckle.
Attached File  14731099_10102223041648887_657831907501161583_n.jpg (14.53K)
Number of downloads: 0

This post has been edited by Slow Ben: 20 October 2016 - 12:11 PM

I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#3626 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:33 PM

Posted Image

#3627 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:22 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 20 October 2016 - 06:33 AM, said:

View PostI Got Crabs, on 20 October 2016 - 05:44 AM, said:

Once again I can respect that. 2/3 of this election is going to be protest votes on both sides. I'm vastly curious to learn the number of 1st time baby boomer voters afterwards. Anti election.

Note none of y'all concern/rile me in our different choice for chair. I love you all this much | |. :p

What if I said Cajun is nonsense food? Do you still love me?

NO!

There are some lines you don't cross, Morgy. Cajun food is wonderful!

Crazy Scandinavian!
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#3628 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:27 AM

I hear crawfish are really popular in Sweden (dunno about Norway) but they cook them weird. And, I find that Cajun food cooked outside the general NO area is not done right at all. I mean, even red beans and rice. When I moved to Illinois I brought a stockpile of Camellia red beans with me.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#3629 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:35 AM

View PostTerez, on 21 October 2016 - 12:27 AM, said:

I hear crawfish are really popular in Sweden (dunno about Norway) but they cook them weird. And, I find that Cajun food cooked outside the general NO area is not done right at all. I mean, even red beans and rice. When I moved to Illinois I brought a stockpile of Camellia red beans with me.

Well, at least you grew up next door.

Still, if cajun is good up here it'll be even better down there. Even if crawfish is a creepy looking thing. Just like shrimp.

Creepy. Tasty.

To be on topic, Trump continues to try to backtrack his dismissal of American democratic policy of conceding.

He's an ass.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#3630 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:18 AM

Trump is shitting on every tradition in the world.

Getting booed at a Catholic fund raiser is pretty impressive.

#3631 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:21 AM

I'm gonna wait for the Al Smith highlights/lowlights. I hate watching old people eat.

#3632 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:46 AM

Interesting...
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#3633 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:22 PM

View Postworry, on 21 October 2016 - 01:21 AM, said:

I'm gonna wait for the Al Smith highlights/lowlights. I hate watching old people eat.

I like to wait and watch Alec Baldwin reenacting the weeks events on SNL. Honestly it is way better then anything else.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#3634 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:09 PM

View PostI Got Crabs, on 21 October 2016 - 06:46 PM, said:

Project Veriatas(sp) vid is interesting.

You mean the "project" from the guy infamous for selectively editing and manipulating videos in the worst possible light in order to make people of other political persuasions look bad? You mean the project made by the guy who actually tweeted that his latest project about HRC has a deadman switch, "in case something happens to him"?

Yeah, he sounds totally trustworthy.

#3635 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:20 PM

Aside from the fact that James O'Keefe should be in prison, it's worth mentioning that Trump -- or rather the Trump Foundation, which as we now know is funded solely by outside donations and not Trump himself -- is a financial backer of Project Veritas: https://thinkprogres...44b6#.gva93qn36

#3636 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:52 PM

View PostI Got Crabs, on 21 October 2016 - 09:25 PM, said:

Yep as I said interesting. Not saying a thing on it's vialidity. I'm 99% sure though if this vid was reversed it would be damning and she would be hammering it over our heads.

She probably would. Who ever said that HRC was the pinnacle of honesty?

But that is a schoolyard argument.

"Well, he started it!"

This post has been edited by Primateus: 21 October 2016 - 09:53 PM

#3637 User is offline   Hairshirt 

• Lieutenant

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:39 AM

There has to be something to the video, both people resigned because of it. If it was a edited fabrication I doubt that would have happened. Living in Chicago it's also unfortunately another example of my city's long history of political corruption. Which unfortunately is mainly by democrats.

#3638 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:38 AM

Oh yah, I wouldn't deny that there are scuzzy political operatives among Dems and Reps both. I just think it's still penny-ante stuff that doesn't jibe with this huge conspiracy narrative about the presidential election (and the videos are claiming to show that, at least by implication, in being called "Rigging the Election").

#3639 User is offline   Hairshirt 

• Lieutenant

Posted 22 October 2016 - 03:43 AM

View Postworry, on 22 October 2016 - 01:38 AM, said:

Oh yah, I wouldn't deny that there are scuzzy political operatives among Dems and Reps both. I just think it's still penny-ante stuff that doesn't jibe with this huge conspiracy narrative about the presidential election (and the videos are claiming to show that, at least by implication, in being called "Rigging the Election").

Well Trump is an idiot, let's start there. The reality of the entire election from primary to general election is kinda shady however. Anyone with half a brain can see or admit that. The DNC obviously conspired to have Hillary beat Bernie. They scheduled less debates, they put them on at odd times or against stiff tv competition. They fed Hillary questions prior to debates, etc. Can we really as intelligent people not all agree the media is biased? Fox obviously leans right while everyone else leans left. Through wiki leaks we've seen numerous instances of reporters/media sending articles/interviews sent to Hilarys campaign for "approval".

Now we have these tapes where contractors paid by Hillary admitting to inciting violence in Chicago at that rally that was shut down. So what was the media's response to the riots? "Well Trumps rhetoric caused this." Well no......... Democratic operatives caused this, paid for by Hillary.

Trump has delivered the rigged election message like the idiot he is. What he should have said is that election is rigged because Hillary, in collusion with most of the media has rigged this election from the very beginning with her own party shunning Bernie. From wiki leaks we've seen the media bend over backwards to help her by letting her see stories prior to publication.

Instead he somehow managed to bungle it and it blew up in his face....... because he's dumb.

Oh and btw there's open investigations in 4 states right now of voter fraud.

I'm still voting for Hillary though.

This post has been edited by Hairshirt: 22 October 2016 - 03:46 AM

#3640 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:16 AM

Honestly I think some of that's kinda true, but also overstated. Like the bloggerati may have been "colluding", but in a way that reads to me like they were gonna be pro-HRC with or without collusion, and it was just about coordinating the message. They weren't like bribed into changing their opinions. So sure, they're beltway establishment pets who purr for whatever scraps they get fed, but they were gonna be that regardless. And as much as I hated obvious manipulations like "Bernie Bros", I don't think Vox.com editorials or whatever actually flipped the primary. Voters voted, and Dems are halfway prone to voting against their own interests as Reps are.

Investigations into voter fraud are frequent and, in aggregate, still a waste of money. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing actual consequences for illegal behavior, but as a political/election issue it still doesn't move me. Likewise accusations that Dem operatives incited the violence at Trump rallies. I mean maybe a few there in fact had an agenda to do something like that, but it seems silly to give them most or even half the credit. It's one slightly violent event in a sea of year-long Trump-encouraged violence. Like on the one hand you kinda-sorta-maybe have a few low level pro-HRC chumps and on the other you have actual GOP presidential candidate Trump constantly, on stage, on camera, into a microphone, to a crowd of riled up adherents.

On another note, and I don't mean to pick on you in particular cuz I see it a lot, I'd just like to say I really enjoy when people argue "anyone with half a brain" thinks like/agrees with me. Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 710 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

13 User(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Cause