• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#7421 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 September 2018 - 11:34 AM

Oh I thought it was cause he was a straight talker, not afraid to speak his well ordered mind

#7422 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:48 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 09 September 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

View PostAlternative Goose, on 09 September 2018 - 04:50 AM, said:

"literally raped their mother, screaming at her and ripping the hair out of her head as he did it"

I feel like that's one of those accusations you need to put allegedly, not literally, in front of or provide a pretty credible source.

In 1991 Ivana Trump gave a sworn deposition during divorce proceedings about it.

Huh. You'd think that would had been plastered everywhere after the grab them by the pussy thing. Was it?

#7423 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:57 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 09 September 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 09 September 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

View PostAlternative Goose, on 09 September 2018 - 04:50 AM, said:

"literally raped their mother, screaming at her and ripping the hair out of her head as he did it"I feel like that's one of those accusations you need to put allegedly, not literally, in front of or provide a pretty credible source.
In 1991 Ivana Trump gave a sworn deposition during divorce proceedings about it.
Huh. You'd think that would had been plastered everywhere after the grab them by the pussy thing. Was it?

From 2015:

'After a painful scalp reduction surgery to remove a bald spot, Donald Trump confronted his then-wife, who had previously used the same plastic surgeon.

"Your fucking doctor has ruined me!" Trump cried.

What followed was a "violent assault," according to Lost Tycoon. Donald held back Ivana's arms and began to pull out fistfuls of hair from her scalp, as if to mirror the pain he felt from his own operation. He tore off her clothes and unzipped his pants.

"Then he jams his penis inside her for the first time in more than sixteen months. Ivana is terrified… It is a violent assault," Hurt writes. "According to versions she repeats to some of her closest confidantes, 'he raped me.'"

Following the incident, Ivana ran upstairs, hid behind a locked door, and remained there "crying for the rest of night." When she returned to the master bedroom in the morning, he was there.

"As she looks in horror at the ripped-out hair scattered all over the bed, he glares at her and asks with menacing casualness: 'Does it hurt?'" Hurt writes.

[...]

"It's not the word that you're trying to make it into," Cohen told The Daily Beast, saying Ivana Trump was talking about how "she felt raped emotionally… She was not referring to it [as] a criminal matter, and not in its literal sense, though there's many literal senses to the word."Cohen added that there is no such thing, legally, as a man raping his wife. "You cannot rape your spouse," he said. "There's very clear case law."

That is not true. In New York, there used to be a so-called marital rape exemption to the law. It was struck down in 1984.

Trump's lawyer then changed tactics, lobbing insults and threatening a lawsuit if a story was published.

[...]
Update 7/28/15 9:50 AM: Ivana Trump released a statement Tuesday morning to CNN."I have recently read some comments attributed to me from nearly 30 years ago at a time of very high tension during my divorce from Donald. The story is totally without merit. Donald and I are the best of friends and together have raised three children that we love and are very proud of. I have nothing but fondness for Donald and wish him the best of luck on his campaign. Incidentally, I think he would make an incredible president."

Ironically, Ivana says a story based on her own words in a divorce deposition are "totally without merit."'

https://www.thedaily...ated-during-sex

#7424 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 09 September 2018 - 04:55 PM

Only one thing matters to ALL of those people: $$$$$$$
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#7425 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:56 PM

Sometimes you forget how slimy Cohen is and then you're reminded again. "You cannot rape your spouse"- How do defence lawyers live with themselves?

#7426 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 09 September 2018 - 06:22 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 09 September 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

Sometimes you forget how slimy Cohen is and then you're reminded again. "You cannot rape your spouse"- How do defence lawyers live with themselves?

Most media stories at the time focused on that and Cohen's threats against the reporter, which were recorded:

#7427 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 09 September 2018 - 08:16 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 08 September 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

Aww Nico has gone full Republican. He'll be calling for the banning of anyone with a different skin colour any day now! :no

I'm not sure that's merited. Unless I've missed something I've never read anything to suggest Nico is racist.

Nico - if you stop posting I'll miss you. I don't understand what you are on about most of the time but you're kind of fascinating.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#7428 User is offline   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 09 September 2018 - 10:04 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 09 September 2018 - 08:16 PM, said:

Aww Nico has gone full Republican. He'll be calling for the banning of anyone with a different skin colour any day now! :no

I'm not sure that's merited. Unless I've missed something I've never read anything to suggest Nico is racist.

Nico - if you stop posting I'll miss you. I don't understand what you are on about most of the time but you're kind of fascinating.

I mean, he literally just said that liberals are no longer people to him and refuses to engage with any of us anymore. The racism thing isn't too far fetched at this point.

#7429 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 09 September 2018 - 11:19 PM

View PostJPK, on 09 September 2018 - 10:04 PM, said:

View PostMezla PigDog, on 09 September 2018 - 08:16 PM, said:

I mean, he literally just said that liberals are no longer people to him and refuses to engage with any of us anymore. The racism thing isn't too far fetched at this point.

Didn't he write 'their lives don't matter to me'? Seems like an echo of 'Black Lives Matter' / 'All Lives Matter' / 'Blue Lives Matter'....

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 09 September 2018 - 11:37 PM

#7430 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:44 AM

In the recent past I have been rude about stating that I believe Nicodemas has some racist beliefs and supports many policies that have as their bedrock white supremacy.

I apologize for the rudeness. I also think that people who have missed his focus on certain talking points and subtext to his conversations may not be looking critically enough.

I may say someone is an awful person or a piece of shit, but at no point will I ever say someone is sub-human or undeserving of care, support, and equality because they do not fit within the "traditions of the United States". I won't even cover this up in disingenuous non-answers or do the "unenumerated rights/Glucksberg test" like Kavanaugh has been doing all last week.

The border problems and violence wouldn't be happening if Americans weren't so hungry for drugs. We wouldn't be so hungry for drugs if they weren't as prohibited/pain was better managed/addiction was better treated/healthcare better and cheaper provided. The problem isn't "them" - it never was. The problem is "us" and we need to change the concept of "us" to create less and less "them" that are otherized, hurt, and extorted from.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#7431 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:38 AM

View Postamphibian, on 10 September 2018 - 12:44 AM, said:

In the recent past I have been rude about stating that I believe Nicodemas has some racist beliefs and supports many policies that have as their bedrock white supremacy.

I apologize for the rudeness. I also think that people who have missed his focus on certain talking points and subtext to his conversations may not be looking critically enough.

I may say someone is an awful person or a piece of shit, but at no point will I ever say someone is sub-human or undeserving of care, support, and equality because they do not fit within the "traditions of the United States". I won't even cover this up in disingenuous non-answers or do the "unenumerated rights/Glucksberg test" like Kavanaugh has been doing all last week.

The border problems and violence wouldn't be happening if Americans weren't so hungry for drugs. We wouldn't be so hungry for drugs if they weren't as prohibited/pain was better managed/addiction was better treated/healthcare better and cheaper provided. The problem isn't "them" - it never was. The problem is "us" and we need to change the concept of "us" to create less and less "them" that are otherized, hurt, and extorted from.

'Now I'm not implying anyone here is racist, of course not'....
'I am.
I'm racist toward Muslims.'
https://preview.tinyurl.com/ya7cprbf

(The added caption for the video is not accurate---Kingman is not all white. But this video includes the end segment, where one of them says 'this town's lucky to have black people in it', SBC says, 'yeah, of course you're lucky to have black people, they add a lot to the society, thank you sir, finally someone who appreciates multiculturalism' and another one explains, 'he's saying'....)

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 10 September 2018 - 01:45 AM

#7432 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:08 PM

Hoping the best for east coasters.

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#7433 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:08 AM

'"As Florence looms, Trump says response was 'incredibly successful' last year in Puerto Rico

With Hurricane Florence churning toward the Carolinas, President Trump on Tuesday hailed his administration's response to last year's storm in Puerto Rico, where researchers have estimated there were nearly 3,000 excess deaths.In remarks in the Oval Office, Trump said his administration's response to Hurricane Maria was "an incredible, unsung success" and incorrectly suggested that Puerto Rico had virtually no electricity before the storm.It was "one of the best jobs that's ever been done with respect to what this is all about," Trump said. He was speaking in response to questions from reporters after receiving a briefing on Florence.'

Trump arriving in Pennsylvania for the 9/11 memorial:

https://www.washingt...m=.3e350555bc37

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 12 September 2018 - 01:10 AM

#7434 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:13 AM

View PostBriar King, on 11 September 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

I knew that was coming.

I do like Brock though.

Heckuva job, Brocky.

#7435 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:49 AM

Then again, where does the buck stop?

#7436 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 12 September 2018 - 05:39 AM

I know it doesn't really need to be said, but... Trump and his ilk are vile, despicable human beings.

That is all.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#7437 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:51 PM

'Prominent televangelist Pat Robertson casts a "shield of protection" ahead of Hurricane Florence.

In a video shared online by Right Wing Watch, Robertson casts a magic spell against Hurricane Florence while citing a passage from the Bible in which Jesus commands the wind and water on the Sea of Galilee to "be still."'

With video:

http://www.patheos.c...-of-protection/

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 12 September 2018 - 03:51 PM

#7438 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:01 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 12 September 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

'Prominent televangelist Pat Robertson casts a "shield of protection" ahead of Hurricane Florence.

In a video shared online by Right Wing Watch, Robertson casts a magic spell against Hurricane Florence while citing a passage from the Bible in which Jesus commands the wind and water on the Sea of Galilee to "be still."'

With video:

http://www.patheos.c...-of-protection/

Do clerics actually cast spells?

Also, the video utterly missed the human sacrifices and ceremonial orgy.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#7439 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:52 PM

Well Jesus did

#7440 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:52 PM