• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#6401 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:26 PM

To me, a genius, it is highly suspicious that a criminal dumbass of historical proportions like Carter Page found himself on the radar of federal investigators alongside colleagues such as Paul Manafort and George Papadopoulos. I find it offensive that anyone insinuate that all three working for the same mobbed up slumlord is anything but a coincidence. And I think the lifelong Republican FBI agents who deliberately tanked Hillary Clinton's campaign one week before the election are the culprits in this liberal conspiracy.

I mean, c'mon, Occam's razor.
https://thenib.com/connect-the-dots
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#6402 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:53 AM

worry, on 02 February 2018 - 11:26 PM, said:

To me, a genius, it is highly suspicious that a criminal dumbass of historical proportions like Carter Page found himself on the radar of federal investigators alongside colleagues such as Paul Manafort and George Papadopoulos. I find it offensive that anyone insinuate that all three working for the same mobbed up slumlord is anything but a coincidence. And I think the lifelong Republican FBI agents who deliberately tanked Hillary Clinton's campaign one week before the election are the culprits in this liberal conspiracy.

Watching the left right now .. it’s like watching the five stages of grief..

Here we have literal facts in front of them presented and all of the sudden they can’t grasp what occurred. If this exact scenario was reversed , Trump would be impeached and it would go through.

I want to see the underlying classified intelligence break through.. this crazy level corruption that has been going on..

http://thefederalist...ney-fusion-gps/
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#6403 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:17 AM

Nicodimas, on 02 February 2018 - 10:12 PM, said:

Trump is wrecking the dems right now...

A whole new game : https://www.scribd.c...dium=affiliate#

They need to clean up their party.. The FBI lied to Courts to subvert the sanctify of US elections. No longer a conspiracy anymore.... a fact. Political suppression in the US.

It’s fact now and the democrats that supported this should go down for treason. Perp walk them to GITMO. Defund the agencies responsible. Strip the judges.

Anyhow dems just lost 2020.. calling it. They can’t even cast their own treasonous people aside.

Did you...did you actually read that document?

Putting aside that it was uploaded by "The Conservative Treehouse" - because, you know, that name doesn't scream "bias" in size 90 bold italic underlined font - I've made it through to page 50 ("Conclusion") and can't find anything about the 'FBI lying to the courts to subvert the sanctify (sic) of US elections' as you put it. In fact, on page 29 there is a direct reference to a decision made in 2011 - yes, 2011 - to allow searching of non-upstream communications using US-persons identifiers (in other words, the issue is literally not about whether the target is a US person or not, but about whether the collected information came from them, involved them, or was simply *about* them - and only that last one is deemed problematic in this document).

And literally the rest of that document is debating over whether searches of upstream communications related to people who are not primary targets of investigations are in breach of the courts previous orders (they are), and whether said searches are happening more often than previously reported (they are), and what steps the NSA is taking to prevent that (they're working on it, and the proposed changes are good enough).

There is nothing in there about the US elections, the targets of these investigations, and even within the potentially relevant sentences, the only redacted information is the number of searches made in a specific time period (most of which is 2015 based, besides).

The only "lies" from anyone is that the scale of breaches of said upstream data queries was under reported - not the specific instances, just the amount - and that those figures were corrected by subsequent notices to the court. Which, you know, sounded very voluntary.

So, again, did you actually read this document, or did you just read some Alex Jones-level commentary on it?

Nicodimas, on 03 February 2018 - 05:53 AM, said:

worry, on 02 February 2018 - 11:26 PM, said:

Watching the left right now .. it’s like watching the five stages of grief..

Here we have literal facts in front of them presented and all of the sudden they can’t grasp what occurred. If this exact scenario was reversed , Trump would be impeached and it would go through.

I want to see the underlying classified intelligence break through.. this crazy level corruption that has been going on..

http://thefederalist...ney-fusion-gps/

Really? In reaction to what? The document above (which, as noted, honestly has no bearing on the US elections whatsoever), is not incriminating in the slightest.

If you mean the Nunes document, then sure. Let's all have a meltdown over a GOP memo. Because there is absolutely no way that a Republican could have had any bias when writing that memo. Obviously.

Ignoring all the omissions, vagueness, and clear agenda behind that memo, it's not great that the Steele dossier was funded by a lawyer for the Clinton campaign. Then again, we already knew that. So...try again?

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#6404 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:34 AM

I read Nico's post in this voice:

http://youtu.be/xGn55BRyDSk

#6405 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:40 PM

Saying The Quiet Part Loud episode #2133: https://twitter.com/...213969532170241

#6406 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:29 PM

House approved the release of the 10-page Democratic rebuttal memo.

HA!

Now it's up to Trump to either release it (proving the Nunes memo for a piece of garbage full of omissions written by the equivalent of a first year law student), or not release it and face the backlash for why he's hiding it...and then Congress could have to vote to override him (I think).

Get your popcorn. Welcome back to "Backed Into A Corner Theatre" folks.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6407 User is offline   nicetrout 

• Sergeant

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:22 PM

I've just become so cynical about it. Like does it even matter with any of this? Like if a phonecall came out between him and Putin, the president's base wouldn't change and Democrats wouldn't change.

These memos aren't changing anyone's mind.

#6408 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:25 PM

nicetrout, on 06 February 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

I've just become so cynical about it. Like does it even matter with any of this? Like if a phonecall came out between him and Putin, the president's base wouldn't change and Democrats wouldn't change.

So what I'm hearing is 'This authoritarian racist attempt and creating a regime in the US sucks, but hey, the Democrats aren't perfect, so both parties are the same!'.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#6409 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:59 PM

Also, interesting to note that even if Trump blocks it (regardless of his reasons)....because the House unanimously voted to release it...The democrats have the constitutional right to unilaterally read it from the floor of congress or simply insert it into the congressional record.

So I think he's screwed into proving the Nunes memo is crap either way? I could be wrong.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6410 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:21 PM

Will he give a shit?

Doubtful

#6411 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:30 PM

Macros, on 06 February 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

Will he give a shit?

Doubtful

Oh, he almost certainly doesn't, but the diffusion of the Nunes Memo would be a boon to the Dems methinks, or at the very least the DOJ and FBI.

With Trump, perhaps the best way to get him to release it is to get in his face on the news and claim he's "too scared to release it"...then he'd release it for sure.

Same thing with the Mueller interview....challenge him that he's too frightened that Mueller would show him up in an interview...and he'd do it in a heartbeat even if his lawyers are against it. It's what he does if you challenge him in even the slightest.

#6412 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:21 PM

https://www.politico...rug-czar-325457

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway has taken control of the opioids agenda, quietly freezing out drug policy professionals and relying instead on political staff to address a lethal crisis claiming about 175 lives a day. The main response so far has been to call for a border wall and to promise a "just say no” campaign. Trump is expected to propose massive cuts this month to the “drug czar” office, just as he attempted in last year’s budget before backing off. He hasn’t named a permanent director for the office, and the chief of staff was sacked in December. For months, the office’s top political appointee was a 24-year-old Trump campaign staffer with no relevant qualifications. Its senior leadership consists of a skeleton crew of three political appointees, down from nine a year ago.

Much of the White House messaging bolsters the president’s call for a border wall, depicting the opioid epidemic as an imported crisis, not one that is largely home-grown and complex, fueled by both legal but addictive painkillers and lethal street drugs like heroin and fentanyl.

#6413 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:29 PM

Here's a crazy idea... Make Trump watch Breaking Bad. He probably wouldn't realise that it's a scripted drama and maybe he'd start believing that middle aged white men are the problem when it comes to drugs?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#6414 User is offline   nicetrout 

• Sergeant

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:20 AM

Obdigore, on 06 February 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

nicetrout, on 06 February 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

So what I'm hearing is 'This authoritarian racist attempt and creating a regime in the US sucks, but hey, the Democrats aren't perfect, so both parties are the same!'.

No! No! I'm not saying that at all. I just mean I don't think Republicans that watch Fox News or visit Breitbart are going to be persuaded by a democratic memo. The far-right base of the president has demonstrated through various news cycles that no amount of damning evidence connecting him in Russia can penetrate or damage their opinion of the president.

I think it's absolutely worthwhile for Democrats to talk about and investigate the truth. The Integrity of the issue is fundamental to our nation.

Although I do think it's probably Up For Debate how much they should run on it politically, there's a lot of polling that shows most people just don't care about the issue. Tactically it could be better to discuss wages, or more likely the rampant corruption in the administration.

In no way meant to disparage the Democrats pursuing this investigation. I just think the memo will probably only be heard by people who already oppose the president, once digested through the Fox News tube it will land on deaf ears

#6415 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:56 PM

Tiste Simeon, on 06 February 2018 - 10:29 PM, said:

Here's a crazy idea... Make Trump watch Breaking Bad. He probably wouldn't realise that it's a scripted drama and maybe he'd start believing that middle aged white men are the problem when it comes to drugs?

You would have to put in the Fox and Friends time slot.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#6416 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:32 PM

Supposed 'adult in the room' Gen. John Kelly doubled down today on his racist depiction of Dreamers yesterday (https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/961278703887175680).

Also, he knew about and tried to protect Rob Porter, the spouse-beating slug who just resigned from the White House (https://www.thedaily...eating-surfaced story has graphic photos of one victim).

There's nobody in this admin who isn't a monster.

This post has been edited by worry: 09 February 2018 - 04:59 AM

#6417 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:43 PM

Holy shit! There's this garbage reality show called Celebrity House or Big Brother House - Celebrity Edition, Fuck I don't know. But that Omarosa asshole is on it weeping about her experience in the White House. Garbage television for garbage minds. FFS, read a book instead dumping this garbage into your heads, people!

#6418 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:59 AM

Thanks, edited in a new link.

#6419 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:29 AM

So the US government apparently shut down again? BBC news says it's something about the budget not being agreed for spending on offense and domestic?
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#6420 User is offline   nicetrout 

• Sergeant

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:55 AM

Budget passed Senate. Now back to house. But Mark Meadows and the fucko caucus don't want to vote for it for whatever dumb reason they don't want to vote for anything. They're pretending like they care about the deficit

Share this topic:

• 721 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

120 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 120 guests, 0 anonymous users