• You cannot reply to this topic

The Hamlet SPoilers for the Hamlet

#21 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

JVL the Faceless Man speaks

Ruse, on 06 February 2012 - 03:28 AM, said:

So the Shield must be the opposing faction... with possible RI's in there with the farms and such. So I most likely won't be jumping every night.

Wooooooh @ the role draw though. This should be fun.

Ruse, on 06 February 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

Ah, so it's a faction game of town vs scum, with a twist. I didn't expect to be on the town's side, but I suppose I am.

I really like the dynamic of knowing the enemy leader. Now I see who Khell is. This should be fun.

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#22 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

Shit. Khell found a loophole in the have to vote mechanic. I intended to have him vote for someone else to provide WIFOM but it looks like he will only vote for himself from here on out. Should I make a rule correction or do I need to let it stand? Any thoughts?
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#23 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

From reading Khells opening few posts I'm wondering if people are going to hate him or me more after this game is over. :Oops:

#24 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

Mental's plans go up in smoke. Though I think he'll be okay with it.

Kalse, on 06 February 2012 - 03:22 AM, said:

Path-Shaper, on 06 February 2012 - 03:00 AM, said:

Shield Tom
You are the one of the chosen protectors of your lord. You are chosen because you have secret desires that you were unable to express under the previous leadership but which your new lord noticed in you. For your own protection your identity is kept secret from all but your lord. Protect him well
You have 2 vigs at your disposal. But be warned after 2 days have passed you lose your courage and therefor lose 1 vig if not already used

OH

MY

GOD

: :Oops:

You're giving ME vig powers?
that never ends well, :Oops:

ah, well, rest assured, they will be well-spent.

Kalse, on 06 February 2012 - 03:51 AM, said:

As I contemplate the numerous possibilities, I am unsure which of the following 3 courses of action I should choose:

1) play as a socially responsible vig would, let one kill expire, and spend the other in a timely manner to narrow downn the suspect pool and help the town win.

2)Indulge myself, alt my enemies (the Dude and Khell), and destroy them

3)go on a power trip and target the lowest poster at the end of each day.

decisions, decisions....

NOTE: I very rarely get killing powers in mafia. when I do, I tend to go a bit overboard (see the first HEROES game for example)

Kalse, on 06 February 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

well, there goes plan 2. What with khell being the Lord and all.

and since i'm scum, no plan 1.

Plan 3 it is

#25 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:17 PM

Mott gets unlucky with his first recruit. Hitting the FM as his pregame selection

Olar Ethil, on 06 February 2012 - 06:11 PM, said:

Ah sorry, I was having trouble with my internet earlier on

Recruit Ruse

Alliteration, seems as good a reason as any.

For a night provisional for the moment

Recruit Rashan

since they seem to have posted a couple of things and they also meet the alliterative criteria, though I may change this once a few more people have posted on the thread.

This role is really awesome, just hope I can survive a couple of days and get a chance to lure people into my cult Posted Image

#26 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostOlar Ethil, on 06 February 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

Tyrant Steve sounds more amusing than threatening really. Easy to remember at least.

The names were made easy to remember because of all the complaints between D'rek and Shin's Asian based games where us western types can't seem to keep straight. I also tried to have a little fun with some of the choices.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 06 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

#27 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

Mental, Mental, Mental

What are you trying to do fuck scum right out of the gate?

View PostKalse, on 06 February 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

darn, a co-worker has asked me to sub for her at work, and being the soul of generosity that I am, I have agreed.
meaning, i'll have to leave earlier and be absent ofr longer than expected.

before I head off, I'll speculate a bit.

the Warpig knows who his servants are. according to the OP the servants don't know each other, so they won't be symping each other, so nothing can truly be gained by pressure votes. this makes Day 1 absolutely random and doesn't yield any real info, since the servants have no need to symp the warpig.

dare I say it, a night vote may be a sound idea? letting the NA people do their thing and all....

The Pig agrees

Fener, on 06 February 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

I know it's probably because I know what they are, but both Olar and especially Kalse seem to be symping me really blatantly :Oops:

Why suggest voting night Kalse? It will either get taken up as a good idea, or get you lynched. Either way I don't like it. My symps should not be making useful posts!!!

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 06 February 2012 - 09:06 PM

#28 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

D'rek,

Such a stickler for the rules. I honestly don't know what this rule is even in place for. If it's about protecting players from Meta then the rule doesn't even apply as everyone already knows who Fener is and can't do anyting about it anyway.

View PostRashan, on 06 February 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

Path-shaper, I demand Fener be modkilled for violating rule A2) as posted in the OP.

If you are feeling magnaminous (then you're doing it wrong, modding is about fucking everyone in the ass with mod powers as much as possible) then I will concede to him being rhyme-silenced for 2 game days.

#29 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

Okay there have been a few people that have posted the word schmuck. Venge, is this an acceptable form of signaling to other town members? Do I need to make a ruling on this?

#30 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

I felt that this was a brilliant idea

View PostFener, on 06 February 2012 - 10:50 PM, said:

Oh! I have another game we can play!

Why don't you, my lovely little subjects, suggest people to be silenced and/or rhymezed? The most creative suggestion shall win, and the winner shall be safe from a night kill attempt for a day?

Sometimes I am awestruck by my own magnanimity.

#31 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

:Oops:

View PostPath-Shaper, on 06 February 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

Okay there have been a few people that have posted the word schmuck. Venge, is this an acceptable form of signaling to other town members? Do I need to make a ruling on this?

Lets send a warning email to all of the town players...stating..>FUck it I will take care of it.

#32 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:12 PM

Ruse, on 06 February 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

Remove my provisional

Provisionally Jump to Barghast

noted

#33 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:01 AM

I told JLV (Ruse) that a finder reveal is off the table for the FM as he is a finder for all practial purposes. Failed jumps PI players as non scum.

#34 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:05 AM

Speaking of JLV. I thought this was good.

View PostRuse, on 06 February 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

Fener who art in mafia
Hallowed by thy hide
Thy kingdom dine
Thy will be forcefully executed with threats of modkill
On earth as it is in Mafia.

Give us this day our daily douchebag tyrant
and forgive us our tauntings
just as we forgive those who taunt against us.

For yours is the fat, the shit smell, the glory.

Amen.

I'm thinking the whole Tyrant role is keeping people from saying too much. Having scum known seems to be more frightening to players than not knowing who is scum. Hopefully not but we'll have to keep an eye on how things play out.

#35 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

Twelve is fener allowed to silence anyone tomorrow who he silenced today... From reading his role I don't think so. If not then that might give town a little bit of a breather.

#36 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

I don't like that our FM has already drawn so much attention...sigh.. The only hope is that he doesn't get lynched and that the healers heal him so that he doesn't use up his BP....

#37 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 07 February 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

Twelve is fener allowed to silence anyone tomorrow who he silenced today... From reading his role I don't think so. If not then that might give town a little bit of a breather.

Nope. Anyone who he targeted day one can't be targeted Day 2

#38 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:55 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 07 February 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

I don't like that our FM has already drawn so much attention...sigh.. The only hope is that he doesn't get lynched and that the healers heal him so that he doesn't use up his BP....

I agree. I gave him the okay to post the vague reveal on thread but I'm thinking I should have not allowed the request for a heal. I figured it didn't really say what he could do but it was still up to town to try and believe him and it looks like it's working as the healers are looking to heal him and Fener is targeting him for a night kill.

I wonder what Mental will do with his vig?

#39 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

I also need a tutorial on how to use Mafia manager.

How do you get it to spit out something that looks like this:

It is Day 1. 6 hours and 42 minutes remaining
16 Players still alive: anthras, barghast, eloth, fener, Galain, hood's path, kalse, korbas, mockra, olar ethil, osseric, rashan, ruse, silanah, sorrit, tennes

9 votes to lynch, 8 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for korbas ( ruse )
1 Vote for fener ( fener )
1 Vote for silanah ( sorrit )
1 Vote for ruse ( hood's path )
2 Votes for hood's path ( tennes, silanah )

Players not voted: anthras, barghast, eloth, Galain, kalse, korbas, mockra, olar ethil, osseric, rashan

#40 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 07 February 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

I also need a tutorial on how to use Mafia manager.

How do you get it to spit out something that looks like this:

It is Day 1. 6 hours and 42 minutes remaining
16 Players still alive: anthras, barghast, eloth, fener, Galain, hood's path, kalse, korbas, mockra, olar ethil, osseric, rashan, ruse, silanah, sorrit, tennes

9 votes to lynch, 8 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for korbas ( ruse )
1 Vote for fener ( fener )
1 Vote for silanah ( sorrit )
1 Vote for ruse ( hood's path )
2 Votes for hood's path ( tennes, silanah )

Players not voted: anthras, barghast, eloth, Galain, kalse, korbas, mockra, olar ethil, osseric, rashan

You just copy the whole thing in MM and then past it into the thread. If you go to high in MM then you can just do a quick edit.

Venge

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users