Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How big are Telorast and Curdle? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Zedman1991 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:00 AM

I just started the book so the scene im talking about is right around the first 100-200 pages. when we first met telorast and curdle like 7 books before i envisioned them as fairly small lizard skeletons. however in one of the scenes after fiddlers reading they are talking about busting through a wall with their heads, which would make them the size of medium or large dogs. I'm just wondering if anyone knows a little more definitively, i just didnt know up until now that 'small' was relatively small.
"Survivors do not mourn together. They each mourn alone, even when in the same place. Grief is the most solitary of all feelings. Grief isolates, and every ritual, every gesture, every embrace, is a hopeless effort to break through that isolation. None of it works. The forms crumble and dissolve. To face death is to stand alone."

#2 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:00 AM

I picture them the size of large roosters, but of course with big dino heads.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:13 PM

Curdle and telorast are actually dragons...

The skeletons are possessed by their souls and fiddlers reading is of such power to tear their masks away
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#4 User is offline   rhulad 

• First Sword

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

They are thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis big.

#5 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

View PostSinisdar Toste, on 27 January 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

Curdle and telorast are actually dragons...

The skeletons are possessed by their souls and fiddlers reading is of such power to tear their masks away

This. They are smashing through the houses walls because they suddenly regain their souls true form, that being huge feral dragons. This is first revealed in Bonehunters, where they were tagging along with Not-Apsalar, when Bottle or Deadsmell or some other squad mage takes one look at them and asks what the hell a couple of dragon ghosts are doing here... or something like that.

I would like to argue though, that there is no "mask" being torn away or illusion shattered. The two dragon ghosts are not masquerading as possessed skeletons. They are dead and lack a physical body. For their own amusement or crazy dragon logic they chose those skeletons as their new vessels. The manifestation of their original forms is a result of the power unleashed during the reading. Like when ghosts become flesh in Imass dream realm in RG. When that power was gone, when what ever lingered had dissipated, Telorast and Curdle went back to their original forms.

This post has been edited by Aptorius: 27 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

#6 User is offline   Zedman1991 

• Recruit

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:29 AM

Alright i already started this to ask a question and i figure it's a better place to ask than making a new thread. Back in midnight tides (i think this is from there) toc the younger was with redmask and the awl tribe. i've completely forgotten that storyline (not redmasks, toc the youngers involvement with him) and was wondering if someone would be kind enough to bullet-point it for me.
"Survivors do not mourn together. They each mourn alone, even when in the same place. Grief is the most solitary of all feelings. Grief isolates, and every ritual, every gesture, every embrace, is a hopeless effort to break through that isolation. None of it works. The forms crumble and dissolve. To face death is to stand alone."

#7 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:55 AM

It was in Reaper's Gale. Toc brought the Grey Helms there because they were searching for their "Final battle" or somewhat. Their army was leased by the Awl to fight the Letherii, but the Letherii abandoned them and they were slaughtered, all but Toc who was put into some sick hole until Redmask frees him.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#8 User is offline   Zedman1991 

• Recruit

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:12 AM

View PostH.D., on 30 January 2012 - 05:55 AM, said:

It was in Reaper's Gale. Toc brought the Grey Helms there because they were searching for their "Final battle" or somewhat. Their army was leased by the Awl to fight the Letherii, but the Letherii abandoned them and they were slaughtered, all but Toc who was put into some sick hole until Redmask frees him.

ah yes. wat the fuck though how did i ALREADY forget this. i took a couple month break between RG and TtH but seriously. When it comes to past events in the book of the fallen i have a memory is as good as a drain.

#9 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostH.D., on 30 January 2012 - 05:55 AM, said:

You mean the Awl abandoned them :)

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#10 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:18 PM

Yeah, but too lazy to edit. :)
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users