• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 80 - The Benses IV Flocking Dragons

#821 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:08 PM

View PostOlar Ethil, on 12 January 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

a lynch will benefit town more than not. we all knwo this. i can stay to hammer if needed. but I don't like the lynch. my gut says scum has played us into lynching him. and if it's unavoidable, at least we can analyze the train after wards. i dunno. i shoud post more. need to buy some beer.

I don't think I disagree with you here. It;s strange. :rofl:

Go ahead and hammer, sil.

#822 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:08 PM

a lynch will benefit town more than not. we all knwo this. i can stay to hammer if needed. but I don't like the lynch. my gut says scum has played us into lynching him. and if it's unavoidable, at least we can analyze the train after wards. i dunno. i shoud post more. need to buy some beer.

I also need beer.

but it feels like -27 outside, and I'd have to walk for half an hour to get it, :rofl:

#823 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

Yeah, I have that bad feeling I always get when someone i've pointed fingers st is about to be lynched. As you say, there's always the train.

#824 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

Running out of time a bit...

I'm going

Vote Atrahal

I thought the cases on Atra have been the strongest made, the reason I've been reluctant to vote for today him is the fact that he's been silenced.

#825 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:11 PM

View PostSorrit, on 12 January 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

View PostKessobahn, on 12 January 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

View PostSorrit, on 12 January 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

Town needs to discuss what's going on.

there are many ares of discussion that are productive to town.

wifom is never one of them.

Keep telling yourself that if that's what you believe. Sure, WIFOM is typically a thing to be avoided, but only people incapable of adaptive thinking (or idiots) make absolute rules in a game as fluid as mafia. Even a healer can find times when revealing becomes necessary (though not this time around).

I agree on reveals. I've revealed as a healer on day 1, once. we ended up winning the game with me alive.

I vehemently disagree on WIFOM though. esp in this case.

the basic premise (lynch a silenced player) I've had nothing against.

but framing it as "this is a day 1 lynch. we usually waste day 1 lynches anyway, so this time, wouldn't it be cool if we tested a theory based entirely on wifom instead" is not a good way to argue it.

#826 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:11 PM

It is Day 2. 11 minutes remaining

12 Players still alive: Atrahal, Eloth, Karatallid, Kessobahn, Korlat, Okaros, Olar Ethil, Osseric, Sheltatha Lore, Silanah, Sorrit, Tulas Shorn

7 votes to lynch, 6 votes to go to night.

7 Votes for Atrahal ( Sheltatha Lore, Eloth, Sorrit, Osseric, Okaros, Kessobahn, Silanah )
1 Vote for Olar Ethil ( Karatallid )
1 Vote for Karatallid ( Tulas Shorn )

Players not voted: Atrahal, Korlat, Olar Ethil
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#827 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

View PostSorrit, on 12 January 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

You might get all ruffled from the pressure, but in my opinion this is the way to hunt for scum.

Who is ruffled? I am telling you that your current hunch is wrong. Your "pressure" is repeadedly asking the thread what they thought of me. Meh, I am done with you. I only hope your further gut feelings turn out to be more accurate.

How much time is left? Are we pretty much stuck on an atrahal vote?

It's better than some of the others. But I always get that "we're probably wrong" feeling right before a lynch. One thing to keep in mind, there is only 2 scum this game, so probably little resistance when we do get on the right track.

#828 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

View PostKessobahn, on 12 January 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

Keep telling yourself that if that's what you believe. Sure, WIFOM is typically a thing to be avoided, but only people incapable of adaptive thinking (or idiots) make absolute rules in a game as fluid as mafia. Even a healer can find times when revealing becomes necessary (though not this time around).

I agree on reveals. I've revealed as a healer on day 1, once. we ended up winning the game with me alive.

but framing it as "this is a day 1 lynch. we usually waste day 1 lynches anyway, so this time, wouldn't it be cool if we tested a theory based entirely on wifom instead" is not a good way to argue it.

But that was not what that lynch was about. Have you still not figured that out?

#829 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

A sign of Atra's innocence? He's fingered 2 people who have no votes on them. I'm quite tempted to bekieve Shelly's played us with that ridiculous reveal.

#830 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:14 PM

The day begins on a strange note, as both Osseric and Sheltatha Lore claim mastery of Denul. There is much anger for a while, but somehow the group manages the difficult feat of collectively awkwardly looking away.

Posted Image

says Atrahal.

Slowly the eyes turn towards him
“Who was that?”
“Is Atrahal silenced?”
“Atrahal?”
“You know, after the thing we were saying yesterday about silenced and the Benses that they would know that we would know that they know they would not dare to silence themselves? Well, it applies today, except the other way!”
“Yeah!”
“Get him!”

Posted Image

“Defend yourself!”

Posted Image

Posted Image

Atrahal (HiddenOne) has been lynched. He was innocent.

It is now Night. Please send/confirm your night actions.

I'm actually off, way past my bedtime. Vengeance should arrive shortly to hopefully resolve the night
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#831 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

View PostSorrit, on 12 January 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

View PostKessobahn, on 12 January 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

But that was not what that lynch was about. Have you still not figured that out?

that's exactly what the lynch was about. do I have to find for you the many Osseric quotes?

#832 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

View PostOkaros, on 12 January 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

Yeah, I have that bad feeling I always get when someone i've pointed fingers st is about to be lynched. As you say, there's always the train.

Wow, thats spooky. I said almost the exact same thing in a x-post.

#833 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

loving the PS picture-commentary, btw.

#834 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

P-S's comments are hilarious

#835 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:18 PM

SORRIT AND KESSO SHUT THE FUCK UP.

No anger here, but I'd really like you two to stop arguing about it. It doesn't matter anymore.

Okay, now that I've said that... I have another opinion. I don't care that it's night, because I tend to forget things when I don't post them right away and I might be silenced tomorrow.

No guarantees here, but this seems like a pretty good case of Okaros setting up tomorrow's lynch.

View PostOkaros, on 12 January 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

A sign of Atra's innocence? He's fingered 2 people who have no votes on them. I'm quite tempted to bekieve Shelly's played us with that ridiculous reveal.

He also set up today's lynch, with Atra being innocent. Btw, I like the picture scenes, quite funny.

Am I off base here, or does that seem suspicious?

#836 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

View PostOsseric, on 12 January 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

No anger here, but I'd really like you two to stop arguing about it. It doesn't matter anymore.

Okay, now that I've said that... I have another opinion. I don't care that it's night, because I tend to forget things when I don't post them right away and I might be silenced tomorrow.

No guarantees here, but this seems like a pretty good case of Okaros setting up tomorrow's lynch.

He also set up today's lynch, with Atra being innocent. Btw, I like the picture scenes, quite funny.

right right. I get a little carried away.

@Silanah - didn't you promise to step up your game earlier?

#837 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:21 PM

umm, actually, it's quite relevant. because even if you are an inno RI with a tendency to gnaw on your toes every time an idea comes to you, i'm not so sure about Sorritt.

#838 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

though i'm willing to drop that particular aspect of the argument, as long as people stop trying to use that which shall no longer be named as a viable tool.

#839 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostOsseric, on 12 January 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

It is suspicious. I'm purposefully trying to make myself look more suspicious as you guys keep saying how very townie I am and basically painting a big 'kill him' sign on my forehead.

#840 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostKessobahn, on 12 January 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

umm, actually, it's quite relevant. because even if you are an inno RI with a tendency to gnaw on your toes every time an idea comes to you, i'm not so sure about Sorritt.

I don't disagree, but it doesn't mean you have to argue back and forth about it. Use it in a case against him, but don't continue a battle of what comes down to opinion. It's like arguing abortion, no one is going to convince the other.

Share this topic:

• 66 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

42 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 42 guests, 0 anonymous users