• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 80 - The Benses IV Flocking Dragons

#781 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

I was thinking more about Atrahal, Korlat, Okaros, Olar Ethil, and Silanah.

I'm pretty sure Okaros said he would be back, and it would make sense for Atrahal to be back in order to vote the opposite train of himself. But I cna't remember Korlat, OE, or Silanah saying anything.

#782 User is offline   Atrahal 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:28 PM

View PostTulas Shorn, on 11 January 2012 - 10:57 AM, said:

View PostKaratallid, on 11 January 2012 - 03:43 AM, said:

I would like to believe that those who jumped onto the Tiamathia vote early on were just townies relieved at having such a straightforward lynch true to mafia hatred of low posters. However, I am also interested in how some people (like OE) have Tiam at the top of their list with no mention of Silanah. Probably just carelessness, but I would bet money that there will be scum behind this vote.

I really don't like this post. Karat gives in to a lynch inevitable, but makes sure he pours these caveats on afterwards. Putting the vote up first, and then coming up with a couple more posts in a row to basically water down their own vote, just seems like scum gleefully dropping a vote, and then realizing they'd better contribute so as not to seem bloodthirsty.

The so-called swing votes (4 and 5 positions) were Atrahal and Sheltatha. Sheltatha doesn't really strike me either way. They voted elsewhere, and seemed to justify their vote well enough.

Atrahal's progression to the vote bothered me though, and ends up tied to Eloth in my mind. Basically, he asks the thread if we should consider going after low posters. Then, Eloth makes the quote case on Tiam. Atrahal does some other discussion and then does this:

View PostAtrahal, on 10 January 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

Well, I'm ready to proceed, based on all avaiable info. We need to move forward, I'd prefer to not miss a lynch opportuntiy

Vote Tiamatha

This vote came about 7 hours before timeout. This is a swing vote, with some strong directional language behind it. "We need to move forward, I'd prefer not to miss a lynch opportunity"

Posted Image

#783 User is offline   Olar Ethil 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:30 PM

hello. i have returned. i was unable to find any booze last night and so of course no posting could happen. with 7 hours till time out i think I can get to the point where i can read up and vote accordingly.

#784 User is offline   Olar Ethil 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:31 PM

oh, 3 hours. well. tougher. i'll just drink faster I guess...

but I will be here before and during timeout. the dude abides.

#785 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

shit shit shit.

i'm only on page 8. I dunno about this atrahal vote...

fwiw, if Osseric is scum, then Sorrit is probably his symp.

#786 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:46 PM

hrm, day times out in roughtly 4:30

i'll be abck about an h before timeout.

#787 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

Don't rule Sorrit out if you do lynch me and I come back inno, please.

#788 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

It is Day 2. 2 hours and 29 minutes remaining

12 Players still alive: Atrahal, Eloth, Karatallid, Kessobahn, Korlat, Okaros, Olar Ethil, Osseric, Sheltatha Lore, Silanah, Sorrit, Tulas Shorn

7 votes to lynch, 6 votes to go to night.

3 Votes for Atrahal ( Sheltatha Lore, Eloth, Sorrit )
1 Vote for Olar Ethil ( Karatallid )
1 Vote for Osseric ( Kessobahn )
1 Vote for Karatallid ( Tulas Shorn )

Players not voted: Atrahal, Korlat, Okaros, Olar Ethil, Osseric, Silanah
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#789 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:56 PM

View PostSorrit, on 12 January 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

Atrahal is a better choice, but I do have a hard time making a vote purely based on WIFOM, which would be my basis for that vote. I'd still much rather vote Korlat, especially as she's shown herself unwilling to approach my attacks on her with anything other than dismissal based on premises that do not exist. Or to say it differently: She's arguing against an imaginary person today too and it makes me suspicious.

What in the hell are you talking about? You are barking up the wrong tree bub. . Try not to hone in on me to the exclusion of the real scum just because you have a hunch. I answered your "case" I can try again if it makes you feel better. But the fact is, your "case" is a gut call that you are looking to try to make into valid reasons. There is a reason you have to keep asking people to look at me, it's because no one see's my play the way you do.

View PostSorrit, on 12 January 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

View PostEloth, on 12 January 2012 - 09:47 AM, said:

View PostSorrit, on 12 January 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

I know I have been jumping on this thing for a while, but since you're here now Eloth and Shelly, what do you think of Korlat? I'm not completely oblivious to my tendency to get a little obsessed with single players (which sometimes turn out well founded and other times not) so I'd like to know what other people think of my line of reasoning.

Can I have a quick run down of what you think? I know you are mentioning him a lot but I am finding it hard to find your case.

Without seeing your case I would say that I don't have a read on Korlat and I would need to take a closer look

My case was mainly that she (girl dragone = she) has been arguing against theories not presented by anyone so blatantly that she's either been skimming or has purposefully misunderstood arguments in order to make them easier to argue against. Either way it's scummy behaviour in my opinion.

It's not massively strong as far as cases go, but then Korlat hasn't really joined in to the extent that a true case can be made, which further strengthens my suspicions.

I addressed you once, how has that not made me one to "join in"? How have I been arguing "so blatently"? I made a point on OSSERIC's post, and you rush in to tell me (once again to the aid of Osseric) that I incorrectly interpreted HIS post. (note, Osseric made no mentiion of my post. I feel if I was as far off base as Sorrit seems to imply, that Osseric would have said something.) Thats your "case" It's crap, and the fact that you have to keep asking people to look at me, ( which is fine by me), just reinforces the fact that you have nothing and are reaching and fixating. (this is NOT good town behavior).

Sorrit, pull your head out of your ass and do something worthwhile to help town. Instead of using my limited time on thread to hunt scum, I am forced to reply to your poorly disguised "gut" evaluation of me. Do something useful, pull off your blinders, and look for the real bad guys.

That being said, I don't consider Sorrit a good scum candidate. I don't see scum fixating upon one individual the way he has.

Also I don't get scum vibes from Osseric, Olar, or Okaros. ( thats a lot of O's) unless more comes to light, they would be lower on my list Though of the three Olar is a little more suspect .

The Atrahal vote is interesting, and as someone else brought up, after all the talk of giving Okaros a free pass on day 1 , scum might try to get a free day and silence on day 2. Also, atrahal was middle of the pack on the lynch train and pulled the "I am not coming back, here's my vote". This leaves remaining town in a tight spot I am not saying he didn't legitamately have to go, but it cements the outcome just a little bit more. Really hard to change after halfway with only 5-7 hrs left.

Eloth has been pinging my scumdar a bit. AS someone mentiond, a few times after reading some of his posts, I get the feeling of posting for the sake of posting.

Silanah I have no read at all on.

Shelly is a dead dragon walking

Karatallid and Kesso to me are playing a pretty smooth, even keeled game. Wouldn't be surprised if one of those 2 turned out to be scum. Very few waves thrown up by either of them.

Tulas Shorn No real read, i would like to go back and look at him a bit closer.

I will be around for the lynch, off and on here for the next 4 hours.

Not going to throw a vote just yet, I don't want to make an unavoidable train. Of the 4 currently with votes, I would be most willing to vote Kara or Atrahal. The fact that Kesso is still obsessing over Osseric, and has left his vote there even though the thread has clearly moved on is a bit disturbing.

#790 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:09 PM

I don;t agree that Kara and Kesso are playing smoothly, really.

The way Kesso attacked me yesterday wasn't really smooth, and Kara has been pretty strongly opiniated.

Not defending anyone, cause I dont think being opiniated means they aren;t scum.

#791 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

That being said, I agree with a lot that you have there. That just stood out as being opposite of my opinion.

#792 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

1 hour and 9 minutes remaining
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#793 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

Vote Atrahal

OE, you coming back anytime soon?

#794 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:16 PM

Korlat? Okaros? Silanah?

#795 User is offline   Atrahal 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:21 PM

View PostOkaros, on 11 January 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

View PostOkaros, on 11 January 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

I would also like to let you know that being silenced felt like being a little kid whose parents are talking about it as if it wasn't in the room.

"Well, I think we should lynch him."

"But mummy, daddy, I don't thinks I wants to be lynches."

"Hmm, not sure, perhaps we should consider lynching him another time."

"But mummy, daddy, listen! Could you just let me say...."

"Uh-huh, that's nice sweetie. Now go to your room while the grown-ups discuss your fate."

On the other hand, for once, I appreciated other people defending me - or rather, defending the lynching of a silenced player. Big caveat on that, however, is that it is quite possible that at least one of those defending me was doing so because they were the scum and knew me to be inno, so wanted to look all "see, told ya so" in case I was lynched. In fact, I think that's where I might start my investigations, with those who were arguing against my lynch.

Note, this is different to those who were arguing against Osseric's reasoning. There were two obvious camps - those who dismissed Osseric as WIFOM spewer, and those who argued to give the silenced one a chance to speak the next day.

Posted Image

#796 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:25 PM

Here, reading up.

#797 User is offline   Olar Ethil 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:30 PM

View PostOsseric, on 12 January 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

Vote Atrahal

OE, you coming back anytime soon?

well, yeah, i'm here. i have no time to really read up. thems the breaks man. i thought we had like another 4 hours so I was cool but there's no fuckin way I can catch up before timeout. I will be around if a vote is needed though. however if my vote isn't needed for a lynch to go through I may not vote simply because of my lack of info.

#798 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:33 PM

We need 3 more votes to lynch atrahal, or 6 votes to lynch Me, OE, or Kara.

#799 User is offline   Olar Ethil 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

who even voted for me and why?

#800 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:37 PM

Kara, he voted because he accused you of some stuff that I don't feel like finding right now, then you left without saying if you were coming back before time out, and he found it suspicious that you weren't responding to his questioning.

Share this topic:

• 66 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

64 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 64 guests, 0 anonymous users