• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 80 - The Benses IV Flocking Dragons

#701 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:05 AM

Eloth:

- First significant contribution was to make a case on Osseric whose main point was that Sorrit appeared to be symping him.

- Later, this case was changed to Osseric is probably inno, and Sorrit may have been fake-symping in order to get him lynched.

- There was also a case on Tiamatha which pointed out the low-content posting.

- Some posts which effectively just sum up what's been going on.

- BUT, the most damning evidence is presented below:

View PostEloth, on 10 January 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

Well I won't be around until the end of day now it's bedtime for me.

Remove Vote

I have less than 10 mintues before I get it in the neck :rofl:

View PostEloth, on 10 January 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

I am in the naughty book now, someone wanted me in bed like 15 minutes ago. Night all

Who dares risk the wrath of their significant other over a game of Mafia? Who stays up anxiously waiting to see what the response to their posts will be and where the voting is going? SCUM, THAT'S WHO!!!!!

Edit: who's to whose.

This post has been edited by Okaros: 12 January 2012 - 12:05 AM

#702 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:07 AM

As for Atrahal, need I really present more evidence than the fact that D'rek fingered them as scum? Let's remember that D'rek is a woman, and they can spot a lie ten miles off. Ergo, Atrahal is scum :rofl:

#703 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:17 AM

View PostOkaros, on 12 January 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

As for Atrahal, need I really present more evidence than the fact that D'rek fingered them as scum? Let's remember that D'rek is a woman, and they can spot a lie ten miles off. Ergo, Atrahal is scum :rofl:

D'rek is D'rek.

#704 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:27 AM

Atrahal for realz:

View PostAtrahal, on 09 January 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

Checking in

Korlat, already trying to get that post count up there...

First post and already trying to throw suspicion on someone...

View PostAtrahal, on 09 January 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

Ok, a question for somebody that played a Benses game before - The OP says there will be 1 Big Ben & 1 Uncle Ben - Can we expect any other scum ie. standard symps etc?

Wanting to know if he can expect any more scum help.....

View PostAtrahal, on 10 January 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

Well, I'm ready to proceed, based on all avaiable info. We need to move forward, I'd prefer to not miss a lynch opportuntiy

Vote Tiamatha

After some popping in and out to add to the Osseric WIFOM discussion without committment either way, he also pops this vote on - standard non-commital scummy reasoning (i.e. I know he's inno, so I can't be bothered to rack my brain for a convoluted lie as to why I'm convinced Tiam's scum).

And now a selection of Atrahal's preferred posting style:

View PostAtrahal, on 09 January 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

View PostOsseric, on 09 January 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

We've had a lot of avatar talks the past couple games... so boring.

And what alternative do you propose?

Question?

View PostAtrahal, on 10 January 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

View PostOlar Ethil, on 10 January 2012 - 09:08 PM, said:

i love rules, my little path shaper. come close and let me explain them to you in detail...don't worry, we'll "behave"...

Olar Ethil, stop flirting and answer me this:

Why are you voting Osseric? Have you changed your mind in the light of day?

Question.

View PostAtrahal, on 10 January 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

Should we get low-posters on Day 1? I know they are popular targets on Day 2-3, if there's no one else being prosecuted.

Question.

View PostAtrahal, on 10 January 2012 - 10:22 PM, said:

So what, then?

Question.

View PostAtrahal, on 10 January 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

So, what do we do about that?

Question.

Try using your own brain perhaps? Or would that be sticking your neck out too much?

#705 User is offline   Karatallid 

• Lieutenant
  • Interests:secks

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:41 AM

Well, I must say despite my horror at some of the things happening in this game (healer reveals, osseric's scummy behavior awarding him PI or at least stupid RI status, WIFOM fights, etc), there is bountiful humor. I've really enjoyed our last two silenced players. Helpful and entertaining.

Ok, so more to business, I want to do the famous character profiling describing what I see and feel about people:

Atrahal: charming, smooth, had a good sum up of day 1 accusations followed by his own feelings about the accused; good at agreeing, poking at things, not really a case maker more of a helpful hinter. thus, suspicious but despite that not really pinging the radar atm (despite Tiam's finger pointing before croaking)
Eloth: Kind of quiet, seems to have a thing for low posters Posted Image, primary prosector for the case against Tiam, low poster himself with decent content so far

Kessobahn: other than his alt reminding me of Spanish for "cheese," not much to talk about. a lot of his posts have to do with calling people stupid or pointing out flaws in their reasoningPosted Image. not much original content coming from him. on my suspicious list

Korlat: Lot of early spamming. gets more serious on day 2 with the heat is turned upPosted Image. Speculates a lot on scum and what they would do (I know, lots of people doing that) but I do get scummy vibes here. But not enough content to really solidify my opinion of him quite yet

Okaros: mellow yet talkativePosted Image. I don't really understand his forbearance for Osseric's shit, but he does seem solid so far and i'm glad we let him talk. townie vibes thus far

Olar Ethil: our drunkard, spends most of day 1 in a haze, though starts to get coherent toward the end. sadly his "case" on Osseric was too little too late and mostly involved telling Osseric to shut up and then get on Osseric's ass about WIFOM (as if the day hadn't had enough talk about the subject). plays up his inebriationPosted Image and Osseric case too much. higher on my suspicious list

Osseric: the longer I listen to him, the less I am convinced to waste time on him. Posted ImageI find it hard to believe in such a small population with only two active scum that one of them would so flagrantly fling forward almost every mafia no-no (scummy talk, offering a self-vote, early RI reveal followed by healer reveal), make it through day 1 alive and then just keep going.

Shelly: Priggish, Posted Imageseems very atune to the game despite his more belligerent style of posting. but kind of like Percy in Harry Potter, a little to full of himself....and...bam!!! ooops... did I just reveal myself to be a healer? I really hope he's a much more slick player than he seems, and despite his distasteful aggression, my gut and all of it's compacted feces says townie.

Silanah: probably one of the more scummy on my radar based on the continued need to lay low and make small talk without much to say (see Eloth's most recent case), what bothers me is the mild disinterest in responding thoroughly to accusations, snide little comments don't cut it honeyPosted Image

Sorrit: Exuberant yet thoughtful. actually provided some convincing reasoning behind voting for Okaros day 1. today fairly engaged, clearing up contentions about day 1 WIFOM and defending Osseric Posted Image (why? dunno) So far pretty good vibes from him except for his buddying up to Osseric

Tulas Shorn: Seems to have a thing for me. Posted Image Despite seeming to just bring me up today, he was talking about me from day 1. and yet dropped a vote on Kesso. Not sure what to make of him. Made a decent analysis of the lynch train, but really didn't do much follow up. Not sure what to do with him

#706 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:41 AM

The main problem I have with your 2 cases, Okaros, is that you assume (a lot) that scum is going to being playing badly. As in, they won't bother to read the thread closely or they won't be careful in their actions. That doesn't really make sense, scum has every reason to be careful. They're only 2 slipups cost 50% (33%) of their team.

Imo, townies tend to play badly, more often.

Just my 2 cents.

edit: This was @ Okaros, not kara.

This post has been edited by Osseric: 12 January 2012 - 12:42 AM

#707 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:48 AM

View PostAtrahal, on 11 January 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

View PostKorlat, on 11 January 2012 - 11:02 PM, said:

View PostAtrahal, on 11 January 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

I think he is saying that osseric, shelly and okaros are playing by gut and they suck. (all three suspect Atrahal)

Posted Image

Funny how you have been completely middle of the road and very silent and unoriginal in your thoughts, culminating in you accusing everyone who has dared to mention that. You seem overly single-minded with your own survival firmly on centre-stage.

#708 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:50 AM

Let me add to that, Atrahal, in the form of a challenge.
Quote (allowed by the rules, i think) one post of yourself where you do express an opinion in text on something important at the time of posting. I think you'll be hard-pressed.

#709 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:52 AM

View PostOsseric, on 12 January 2012 - 12:41 AM, said:

The main problem I have with your 2 cases, Okaros, is that you assume (a lot) that scum is going to being playing badly. As in, they won't bother to read the thread closely or they won't be careful in their actions. That doesn't really make sense, scum has every reason to be careful. They're only 2 slipups cost 50% (33%) of their team.

Just my 2 cents.

A little bit rich coming from someone revealing healer to attract a kill.
(yeah, pot and kettle, I know, but we're both really NOT in the position to lecture someone).

#710 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:01 AM

View PostOsseric, on 12 January 2012 - 12:41 AM, said:

Just my 2 cents.

Actually, the cases were presented from the viewpoint of "if they were scum, this is the evidence which had pointed to it."

Having said that, I certainly don't think you can accuse either of playing badly. Both have been as smooth as silk. Which is why the 'evidence' I presented does not exactly make for an open-and-shut case. Either they're smooth scum, then, or there's nothing to find there in the first place.

I think Karatallid and Kessobahn need to be looked at closer too, but I'm willing to humbly step aside and let someone else do the leg work on that :rofl:

#711 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:02 AM

I'm not lecturing anything. I'm stating my problem with the 2 cases presented.

#712 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:02 AM

View PostKaratallid, on 12 January 2012 - 12:41 AM, said:

*Character profiling*

In general, with an addendum here or there, I tend to agree with your summation. But,

To sum up, you suspect/will put pressure on.......who exactly?

#713 User is offline   Karatallid 

• Lieutenant

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:06 AM

Vote Silanah

I really don't like my prodding being ignored.

#714 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:13 AM

View PostOsseric, on 11 January 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

What makes you think Okaros is scum? Might be hard to explain. Sorry.

So you think Shelly could be playing us for idiots, then?

Posted Image

Ok, time to post some thoughts.

Atrahal: middle of the road and seem to be locked up in their own world, in which the only action/reaction comes when prompted. Typical low-lying scum behavior that tickles my fancy in a Silencer-way.

Eloth: no real opinion. Clever when read, but not a maker, a breaker or a shaper. Not a candidate for symp, but perhaps a killer.

GL: no opinion. EDIT: But I guess that doesn't matter.

Karatallid: got of to a bad start with me, and I'm good at grudges. That being said, not afraid to give an opinion. Warrants watching and prodding but will deliver opinions when handled correctly, you just need to find the button. Likelier symp than killer.

Kessobahn: picks fights and doesn't deal well with thread-dominance. Likely townie.

Korlat: still no real opinion. Seems to have a bone or two to pick with people, which is always good for analysis. 66% townie in my book.

Okaros: silenced day 1 doesn't make for a good analysis, but well-spoken on day 2 and not afraid to come with carefully constructed posts in which a certain amount of good nature seems prevalent. Advice: press more to see how they deal with stress. Potential thread-steerer, potential derailer, potential town-brain. More symp than killer if anything but my guess is town.

Olar Ethil: volatile and sticking to a theme of alcohol, which could be their facade. In which case they are scum. Fringe player, see Kessobahn.

Osseric: in the words of David Carradine in Kill Bill: when it comes to the subject of me, I believe you are truly and utterly incapable of telling the truth, especially to me, and least of all, to yourself. And, when it comes to the subject of me, I am truly and utterly incapable of believing anything you say.
If meta counts: town. If meta does not count: I ought to vote them straight away. Probably untouchable right now because let's be honest, scum would probably not play like that. If they do (that nagging, sneaking suspicion in spite of all good sense), already MotM.

Shelly: beautiful, smart, PhD, rich. Ideal son-in-law + ideal husband. Good taste in music, politics, art and fashion. Well-spoken, well-dressed. Charming. Only flaw: complete and utter idiot when entrusted with a certain responsibility. Also, somewhat venomenous and bears a grudge. Town.

Silanah: probably passed out on a floor somewhere on day 1 and now looking for their keys, wallet and missing kidney. Should be on thread more before an opinion can be formed but the gut says uninterested RI. Main danger: being occupied by BB2 on account of being a non-entity and easy to take over and continue the low-lying behavior.

Sorrit: too smarmy for their own good (like my mirror image, but smarter yet less pretty) and entirely too supportive of Osseric, fanning the flames that scream "scum" to me when considering them as a pair.

TS: seems to pop up when I'm not there, no real opinion.

Likeliest scum on the scales of Shelly:
1. Atrahal, most likely killer.
2. Any of the people I don't have a read on, because they play carefully.
3. Osseric + Sorrit, because they have a bromance going that isn't warranted by anything happening on thread.

I'm off to bed.

This post has been edited by Sheltatha Lore: 12 January 2012 - 01:19 AM

#715 User is offline   Karatallid 

• Lieutenant

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:22 AM

And since I was prodded thusly, do you have a vote or stronger leaning than your longish list at the end. Helpful, but still a laundry list without a focus.

#716 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:25 AM

View PostKaratallid, on 12 January 2012 - 01:22 AM, said:

And since I was prodded thusly, do you have a vote or stronger leaning than your longish list at the end. Helpful, but still a laundry list without a focus.

Vote Atrahal

When in doubt, vote the nr 1 suspect.

#717 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:26 AM

Focus is dangerous, as it makes you blind to context. One of the reasons I guess why town only gets moving when d-day is close and the total number of players is a single digit: numbers and opinion are then manageable for all. Plus, there is enough history to rely upon, of course.

This post has been edited by Sheltatha Lore: 12 January 2012 - 01:27 AM

#718 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:28 AM

And now, it is time to sleep.

#719 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:31 AM

It is Day 6. 20 hours and 51 minutes remaining
12 Players still alive: Atrahal, Eloth, Karatallid, Kessobahn, Korlat, Okaros, Olar Ethil, Osseric, Sheltatha Lore, Silanah, Sorrit, Tulas Shorn

7 votes to lynch, 6 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for Atrahal ( Sheltatha Lore )
1 Vote for Osseric ( Kessobahn )
1 Vote for Silanah ( Karatallid )

Players not voted: Atrahal, Eloth, Korlat, Okaros, Olar Ethil, Osseric, Silanah, Sorrit, Tulas Shorn
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#720 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:32 AM

Just popping in to read and comment quickly.

This healer thing is unfortunate... The whole thing is just stupid, for reasons detailed by others already.

Still it makes me fairly sure that Osseric is town. And as such I'm not sure he's worth paying much more attention to at this stage.
I disagree with what (someone) said about yesterday's lynch being such a terrible waste, if we can get past the Okaros/Osseric thing, and people seem to be doing this, there's a number of cases and summaries now, and they look pretty interesting. I will take a closer look at them when I get back later.

As to the prodding coming my way, there's not much I can say to that. I have been low posting (I blame alcohol, if I may), but not intentially coasting as I think Eloth has accused me of. All I can really do in response is contribute more *shrug*

I'll be back in a couple of hours when work's over.

Share this topic:

• 66 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

25 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users