• You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 80 - The Benses IV Flocking Dragons

#581 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

View PostKaratallid, on 11 January 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

View PostSorrit, on 11 January 2012 - 11:26 AM, said:

Why not? You weren't on the train after all. Other people's actions (or lack thereof) do not in fact remove the implications of your own.

Correct. but just don't go lumping me in with the rest of the people who barely (or didn't) debate over Tiam's lynch. Also, I seem to recall putting in my reservations about the Tiam lynch, but when it looked like I wasn't going to stubbornly hold my vote and derail the train, I switched back to my most likely candidate.

Ah, I didn't mean to make that claim. I know you participated in the discussion around Tiam, I'm not accusing you of coasting, but I did find it a little odd that you decided to withdraw your vote at the time you did.

edit: cross post with your answer. nevermind.

This post has been edited by Sorrit: 11 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

#582 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

Why not? You weren't on the train after all. Other people's actions (or lack thereof) do not in fact remove the implications of your own.

Correct. but just don't go lumping me in with the rest of the people who barely (or didn't) debate over Tiam's lynch. Also, I seem to recall putting in my reservations about the Tiam lynch, but when it looked like I wasn't going to stubbornly hold my vote and derail the train, I switched back to my most likely candidate.

I don't understand what you're saying here. Can you clarify?

#583 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

I would also like to let you know that being silenced felt like being a little kid whose parents are talking about it as if it wasn't in the room.

"Well, I think we should lynch him."

"But mummy, daddy, I don't thinks I wants to be lynches."

"Hmm, not sure, perhaps we should consider lynching him another time."

"But mummy, daddy, listen! Could you just let me say...."

"Uh-huh, that's nice sweetie. Now go to your room while the grown-ups discuss your fate."

#584 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

View PostKaratallid, on 11 January 2012 - 11:30 AM, said:

View PostTulas Shorn, on 11 January 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

Then why the half-assed vote in the first place?

I didn't realize how much time we had left. I had just gotten back from work, was tired, figured the day would have been over, and low and behold, I had time. I was trying to make sure that I didn't prevent us from getting any lynch on day 1.

Ok, now I'm confused. Tiam had the most votes, especially with yours on there. How would that prevent a lynch?

#585 User is offline   Karatallid 

• Lieutenant
  • Interests:secks

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:32 AM

View PostSorrit, on 11 January 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

View PostKaratallid, on 11 January 2012 - 11:26 AM, said:

View PostSorrit, on 11 January 2012 - 11:20 AM, said:

View PostTulas Shorn, on 11 January 2012 - 11:15 AM, said:

Somehow the last part got deleted from my explanation on Karat. Paraphrasing what I said before - He ends everything by removing his vote, so that he's not even on the train in the end.

Yeah I noticed that too. At that point Tiam's lynch was pretty much guaranteed as well.

Guaranteed? I think you forget that in the last stages of the day, Osseric was being fingered as a possible switch. People were hesitant to try moving a long train from one to another, but there was the point where the whole discussion of "i can hammer if..." and self-voting was brought up. Tiam was not a done deal (and Osseric earlier in the day was a done deal by your logic)

wat?

Fine fine. Poorly worded. In other words, Osseric, when I left for work yesterday, was continuing to act scummy and sink himself. I didn't even expect to come back and see him alive. Just like it seemed Tiam was going to go but still garnered 3 more hours of passionate debate.

#586 User is offline   Karatallid 

• Lieutenant

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:36 AM

View PostTulas Shorn, on 11 January 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

View PostKaratallid, on 11 January 2012 - 11:30 AM, said:

View PostTulas Shorn, on 11 January 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

Then why the half-assed vote in the first place?

I didn't realize how much time we had left. I had just gotten back from work, was tired, figured the day would have been over, and low and behold, I had time. I was trying to make sure that I didn't prevent us from getting any lynch on day 1.

Ok, now I'm confused. Tiam had the most votes, especially with yours on there. How would that prevent a lynch?

He had the most votes, but when I came on I people were saying "goodnight and good luck with that lynch" I wasn't sure we were going to have enough people to give us any lynch, so I set down a vote before vanishing of to do a thorough reread.

#587 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:36 AM

View PostOkaros, on 11 January 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

I would also like to let you know that being silenced felt like being a little kid whose parents are talking about it as if it wasn't in the room.

"Uh-huh, that's nice sweetie. Now go to your room while the grown-ups discuss your fate."

On the other hand, for once, I appreciated other people defending me - or rather, defending the lynching of a silenced player. Big caveat on that, however, is that it is quite possible that at least one of those defending me was doing so because they were the scum and knew me to be inno, so wanted to look all "see, told ya so" in case I was lynched. In fact, I think that's where I might start my investigations, with those who were arguing against my lynch.

Note, this is different to those who were arguing against Osseric's reasoning. There were two obvious camps - those who dismissed Osseric as WIFOM spewer, and those who argued to give the silenced one a chance to speak the next day.

#588 User is offline   Karatallid 

• Lieutenant

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

Ok, I do hate to do this, but we have 36 hours, so I will be back with plenty of time to answer more questions and look more closely into last nights lynch and night kill, but I need to get to work. I'm already running late.... again.

#589 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:41 AM

Who's your daddy! :rofl:

View PostOkaros, on 11 January 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

On the other hand, for once, I appreciated other people defending me - or rather, defending the lynching of a silenced player. Big caveat on that, however, is that it is quite possible that at least one of those defending me was doing so because they were the scum and knew me to be inno, so wanted to look all "see, told ya so" in case I was lynched. In fact, I think that's where I might start my investigations, with those who were arguing against my lynch.

Note, this is different to those who were arguing against Osseric's reasoning. There were two obvious camps - those who dismissed Osseric as WIFOM spewer, and those who argued to give the silenced one a chance to speak the next day.

Yeah, it's a fairly crucial distinction that's also fairly obvious to those of us (clearly you're included in that group) who read what is said and base arguments on that.

#590 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

ah well, I've got some grown up stuff I need to do.. alas.. I'll be checking in again in a little while.

#591 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:49 AM

View PostOsseric, on 11 January 2012 - 06:25 AM, said:

View PostGalayn Lord, on 11 January 2012 - 06:22 AM, said:

View PostOsseric, on 11 January 2012 - 06:21 AM, said:

Fuck off.

Please kill me tonight. I'm pretty much done here.

What's this?

I think I just burned myself out on the first day. -Again- Kill me. I am target. I am healer, you should kill me.

?

#592 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

Observation: you seem awfully bent on being excluded of a lynch train discussion.

#593 User is offline   Atrahal 

• Recruit

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:25 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Atrahal: 11 January 2012 - 02:14 PM

#594 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

View PostAtrahal, on 11 January 2012 - 01:25 PM, said:

Computer says no :rofl:

#595 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:38 PM

Just caught up, i'm surprised at people who are critical about getting the lynch. We need to lynch everyday because essentially we need to lynch BB twice. Tiam posted 17 posts worth of spam and 1 post of content. At the time there were three options if iirc, Osseric, Okaros and Tiam, there were a couple of others with one vote too. As the end of day fell at like 4am or something similar I knew I wasn't going to be around so I had to leave a vote. I didn't agree with Osseric' case on lynching Okaros, yet I didn't (towards the end) think Osseric was scum. That left Tiam out of the three whom were most likely to be lynched, who showed scummy behaviour in her posts or lack of contented posts.

I may have time later to read through the thread, Kara has received some heat so i'll have a look at that, some people have fingered Atrahal as well as being suspicious so i'll also look into that. I also want to have a look at Silanah who has stayed out of the limelight so far

#596 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

So Atrahal was fingered as scum by Tiam and the next morning he is silenced?

I have no clue if it means anything at this point, but it's an interesting bit of coincidence all the same.

#597 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

I agree, that is an interesting choice. It certainly capitalizes on the day 1 confusion and arguing about silenced players.

Bed time, I'm out. Night all.

#598 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostEloth, on 11 January 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

Just caught up, i'm surprised at people who are critical about getting the lynch. We need to lynch everyday because essentially we need to lynch BB twice. Tiam posted 17 posts worth of spam and 1 post of content. At the time there were three options if iirc, Osseric, Okaros and Tiam, there were a couple of others with one vote too. As the end of day fell at like 4am or something similar I knew I wasn't going to be around so I had to leave a vote. I didn't agree with Osseric' case on lynching Okaros, yet I didn't (towards the end) think Osseric was scum. That left Tiam out of the three whom were most likely to be lynched, who showed scummy behaviour in her posts or lack of contented posts.

I may have time later to read through the thread, Kara has received some heat so i'll have a look at that, some people have fingered Atrahal as well as being suspicious so i'll also look into that. I also want to have a look at Silanah who has stayed out of the limelight so far

...as have you...

#599 User is offline   Olar Ethil 

• Recruit

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:25 PM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 11 January 2012 - 11:49 AM, said:

View PostOsseric, on 11 January 2012 - 06:25 AM, said:

View PostGalayn Lord, on 11 January 2012 - 06:22 AM, said:

View PostOsseric, on 11 January 2012 - 06:21 AM, said:

Fuck off.

Please kill me tonight. I'm pretty much done here.

What's this?

I think I just burned myself out on the first day. -Again- Kill me. I am target. I am healer, you should kill me.

?

this is extremely unfortunate, because if he's lying we don't really have a way of knowing, NKs are all WIFOM regardless. or it could have been sympage that produced the WIFOM. either way, it's bad play for town.

#600 User is offline   Olar Ethil 

• Recruit

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

View PostSorrit, on 11 January 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

So Atrahal was fingered as scum by Tiam and the next morning he is silenced?

I have no clue if it means anything at this point, but it's an interesting bit of coincidence all the same.

it was clearly a deliberate move by scum to lead us into these types of wifom discussions. the tiam lynch was botched, in my opinion. we don't have a lot to work with.

Share this topic:

• 66 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

67 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 67 guests, 0 anonymous users