Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:59 AM

Oh hi Kesso. What do you think about this? :rofl:

#502 User is offline   Olar Ethil 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:01 AM

View PostOsseric, on 09 January 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

View PostAtrahal, on 09 January 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

No, it's a reasonable idea - UB making BB more legitimate by afflicting him with silence, giving him shelter from Day 1 antics

But how can this not be WIFOM, as GL has wittily named it?

Because a smart UB would know that we expect that and wait a couple days to get some townies first, ad nauseum

Damn. I was hoping no one would bring up WIFOM. That word can easily invalidate an argument.

@engorged words. But he would know that we know that he knows that we know that we can expect him to silence townies first, so he silences himself or his killer first.

Obvious WIFOM, yes. Merely presenting a theory other than HE SAID KNIFE! HE MUST BE KILLER!

a lot of what I was going to say here has been brought up already. but honestly - HOPING THAT NO ONE WOULD BRING UP WIFOM? really? wifom, a game mechanic with the potential to be so powerful and misunderstood at the same time, just wasn't going to get mentioned?

I've underlined where you admit your case was based on wifom.... didn't just a post or two ago you rolled your eyes at me and said your case WASN'T based on wifom?

#503 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:02 AM

View PostOlar Ethil, on 11 January 2012 - 06:01 AM, said:

View PostOsseric, on 09 January 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

View PostAtrahal, on 09 January 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

No, it's a reasonable idea - UB making BB more legitimate by afflicting him with silence, giving him shelter from Day 1 antics

But how can this not be WIFOM, as GL has wittily named it?

Because a smart UB would know that we expect that and wait a couple days to get some townies first, ad nauseum

Damn. I was hoping no one would bring up WIFOM. That word can easily invalidate an argument.

@engorged words. But he would know that we know that he knows that we know that we can expect him to silence townies first, so he silences himself or his killer first.

Obvious WIFOM, yes. Merely presenting a theory other than HE SAID KNIFE! HE MUST BE KILLER!

a lot of what I was going to say here has been brought up already. but honestly - HOPING THAT NO ONE WOULD BRING UP WIFOM? really? wifom, a game mechanic with the potential to be so powerful and misunderstood at the same time, just wasn't going to get mentioned?

I've underlined where you admit your case was based on wifom.... didn't just a post or two ago you rolled your eyes at me and said your case WASN'T based on wifom?

The THEORY is WIFOM, the CASE is not.

#504 User is offline   Galayn Lord 

• Recruit

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:03 AM

His theory is that theory does not equal reasoning.

#505 User is offline   Olar Ethil 

• Recruit

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:04 AM

View PostOsseric, on 11 January 2012 - 05:58 AM, said:

Yeah, I was serious about my WIFOM theory of the scum silencing the killer day 1. That's not up for debate. BECAUSE YOU CANT DEBATE WIFOM. This is the last time I'm explaining this. Literally the last time. My point was that if there was ever a time to test a WIFOM theory, it would be today. You could say that you don't think a WIFOM theory is worth testing, or you could say there are other better lynches available, but at the time I disagreed. I still do, really, every alternative is pretty terrible. Does everyone understand? I dont think I can clarify this any better..

you are not understanding wifom. if there is a situation with two possible outcomes but no evidence for either, arguing why one or the other is more likely is called WIFOM. this is becuase all the evidence that can be used could point to either outcome. disscussing the likely hood of hese outcomesi s therefore bad and worthless

what we are saying is is that you were using wifom - we aren't "debating" your wifom theory - we're fucking saying you were using wifom to make an argument. that's bad. regardless of all your explantions, please understand this.

#506 User is offline   Galayn Lord 

• Recruit

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:04 AM

Evolution is a theory!

Scientific method is not theory, doesn't make it not true,.

Evolution is a theory! A theory!

The science is solid.

THEORY THEORY THEORY THEORY THEORY THEORY.

Head explodes.

Edit: I'm starting to get drunk. "not theory" for "theory"

This post has been edited by Galayn Lord: 11 January 2012 - 06:06 AM

#507 User is offline   Olar Ethil 

• Recruit

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:07 AM

View PostOsseric, on 10 January 2012 - 12:46 AM, said:

Well here's a few observations only tangentially related to my theory.

Part of the reason I started that was to get some kind of discussion going. I wanted to read reactions, and such. That didn't go exactly as planned, but there were a few people who didn't want to get into it at all. Namely:

View PostTiamatha, on 09 January 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

Wait what? I'm not on the list? Am I like reverse-silenced? Uncle Ben can silence players and Auntie Benda has the power to make non-existent players speak?

Tiam posts in the middle of GL's and mine argument. He doesn't actually say anything useful.

View PostSorrit, on 09 January 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

my apologies but I'm off to bed. The game started at an impractical time for me.

Sorrit peaces out. Believable, I suppose.

View PostSilanah, on 09 January 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

Sorry guys, I'm at work all day today and can't post much. I'll try and keep track of the thread and should be back on this evening.

Silanah pops in, then says BBL. Believable, I suppose.

Those were the least contributing people who were online during the discussion. The most worrying is Tiam, who decides not to voice an opinion despite being around and clearly reading the thread.

moving quick now... still pointing to tiam with your vote on okaros, who isn't gaining votes, and at some point before or after I cannot recall, votes tiam.

#508 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:10 AM

View PostOlar Ethil, on 11 January 2012 - 06:04 AM, said:

Yeah, I was serious about my WIFOM theory of the scum silencing the killer day 1. That's not up for debate. BECAUSE YOU CANT DEBATE WIFOM. This is the last time I'm explaining this. Literally the last time. My point was that if there was ever a time to test a WIFOM theory, it would be today. You could say that you don't think a WIFOM theory is worth testing, or you could say there are other better lynches available, but at the time I disagreed. I still do, really, every alternative is pretty terrible. Does everyone understand? I dont think I can clarify this any better..

you are not understanding wifom. if there is a situation with two possible outcomes but no evidence for either, arguing why one or the other is more likely is called WIFOM. this is becuase all the evidence that can be used could point to either outcome. disscussing the likely hood of hese outcomesi s therefore bad and worthless

what we are saying is is that you were using wifom - we aren't "debating" your wifom theory - we're fucking saying you were using wifom to make an argument. that's bad. regardless of all your explantions, please understand this.

YOU are not understanding what I'm saying. I'm not discussing the likelihood of any outcomes. I'm saying that the time to test it is now. That's what I'm saying.

[My theory that scum silence killer day 1 = WIFOM] + [I think we should test this on day 1, since we don't have much to lose on this day = not WIFOM]

So, you see the first bracket is WIFOM. Correct.

You see the second bracket is NOT wifom. That's what I'm pushing. I don't understand how people aren't seeing that I'm not being confusing. This isn't hard, at all. I'd understand if you simply disagreed with me, but your inability to comprehend is so extremely puzzling.

#509 User is offline   Galayn Lord 

• Recruit

Vote Tiamatha

Sorry, Tiam. We need a lynch, I'd prefer others.

L-1 now.

#510 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

It is Day 1. 7 minutes remaining

14 Players still alive: Atrahal, Eloth, Galayn Lord, Karatallid, Kessobahn, Korlat, Okaros, Olar Ethil, Osseric, Sheltatha Lore, Silanah, Sorrit, Tiamatha, Tulas Shorn

8 votes to lynch, 7 votes to go to night.

2 Votes for Osseric ( Olar Ethil, Karatallid )
7 Votes for Tiamatha ( Korlat, Okaros, Eloth, Atrahal, Sheltatha Lore, Kessobahn, Galayn Lord )
3 Votes for Okaros ( Osseric, Sorrit, Tiamatha )

Players not voted: Silanah, Tulas Shorn

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 11 January 2012 - 06:11 AM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#511 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

8 minutes left?

#512 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:11 AM

Kesso, you feel like hammering, or do you want me to? :rofl:

#513 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:11 AM

Hammer time?

#514 User is offline   Galayn Lord 

• Recruit

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:12 AM

View PostOsseric, on 11 January 2012 - 06:10 AM, said:

YOU are not understanding what I'm saying. I'm not discussing the likelihood of any outcomes. I'm saying that the time to test it is now. That's what I'm saying.

[My theory that scum silence killer day 1 = WIFOM] + [I think we should test this on day 1, since we don't have much to lose on this day = not WIFOM]

You see the second bracket is NOT wifom. That's what I'm pushing. I don't understand how people aren't seeing that I'm not being confusing. This isn't hard, at all. I'd understand if you simply disagreed with me, but your inability to comprehend is so extremely puzzling.

I get it. I've just said I trusetd the process more than to randomly gamble like that.

Plus, your insistence it is just a theory just made me think of Gem. :rofl:

#515 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

View PostOsseric, on 11 January 2012 - 06:10 AM, said:

we comprehend it.
we're just severely allergic to wifom, and anyone who mentions it deserves scorn and contempt in our eyes, no matter how tenuous the connection.

#516 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

View PostOsseric, on 11 January 2012 - 06:11 AM, said:

Kesso, you feel like hammering, or do you want me to? :rofl:

where have you been? I voted when I got back, like an hour ago.

#517 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:13 AM

Getting close.

I'm just gonna

Remove Vote

Vote Tiam

#518 User is offline   Olar Ethil 

• Recruit

View PostOsseric, on 10 January 2012 - 12:59 PM, said:

Okay so it's pretty obvious from my postings that I'm either symp or RI. I'm really putting myself out there with a theory that isn't so normal. I'm RI, but there's no way for you to know that for sure unless you test it.

I'm saying don't vote me today, as that's wasteful. If we vote Okaros today, and he comes up scum, you have me PIed. If he comes up inno, you can vote me tomorrow if you really feel the need. The point is that voting me today doesn't do anything, really. If Okaros ends up inno, hopefully roleless, then you can fucking vote me if your damn minds won't let you do otherwise. Losing me only loses town a vocal player, nothing more. But I'd much prefer seeing Okaros dead today, so you guys can at least have something to work with (Sorrit backing me up, or GL vehemently opposing me).

As to Okaros being knocked off without being able to defend himself, sorry if I'm being callous, but OH WELL. It's mafia, someone has to be lynched day 1. Sometimes you just fucking die. I'm not going to cry if I get voted off day 1.

god this post is scummy. you try to PI yourself (or WCS, useless scum (?!?!?!?!?!?!?!)) at the beginning. then you say that if Okaros is BB, you're PI'd. uhhh no, it mean's you could be a) the symp :rofl: the new BB, or c) RI. liar - pants - fire.

then you dismiss the need for your lynch. nice setup for the next day.

then no sympathy for the silenced guy. you seem really uncaring that people think your vote is based on nothing. I admit this is not typical scum behavior. flaw. but there are plenty of possibilites that could fill this hole (i won't wifom them for you).

#519 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

5 minutes to hammer

#520 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Vote Tiamatha

Share this topic:

• 66 Pages +