• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 80 - The Benses IV Flocking Dragons

#161 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:44 AM

View PostOsseric, on 10 January 2012 - 02:18 AM, said:

Tea doesn't keep me awake, does it? And it doesn't go nearly as well with chocolate.

Hmm. It keeps me awake just fine. I might give you the chocolate thing.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#162 User is offline   Galayn Lord 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:20 AM

View PostAtrahal, on 10 January 2012 - 02:41 AM, said:

alright, I'm back for a minute, then I have to go to bed

What does the green people picture in Okaros post mean?

Sheltatha lining up targets for day 2?

That's what I read.

A couple of players still haven't even checked in yet.

#163 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:56 AM

Tea is far superior to coffee. it also contains more caffeine than coffee.

my conviction in my osseric vote grows....

#164 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:28 AM

This mod-god is going to bed. Be well until the next shift.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#165 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:58 AM

It is Day 1. 24 hours and 21 minutes remaining

14 Players still alive: Atrahal, Eloth, Galayn Lord, Karatallid, Kessobahn, Korlat, Okaros, Olar Ethil, Osseric, Sheltatha Lore, Silanah, Sorrit, Tiamatha, Tulas Shorn

8 votes to lynch, 7 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for Galayn Lord ( Korlat )
1 Vote for Okaros ( Osseric )
1 Vote for Korlat ( Tiamatha )
2 Votes for Osseric ( Karatallid, Kessobahn )

Players not voted: Atrahal, Eloth, Galayn Lord, Okaros, Olar Ethil, Sheltatha Lore, Silanah, Sorrit, Tulas Shorn

Sorry about forgetting to include Tiam in the early vote counts; I'm just clumsy with the Mafia Manager. I entered Tiam twice in the list of players by mistake, and when I deleted one, I didn't realize it deleted both.
JA.

#166 User is offline   Olar Ethil 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:51 AM

View PostOsseric, on 09 January 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

What's the easiest way to not get caught up in day 1 retardation?

To not partake.

How does one not partake?

By not posting. But if one does not post, one gets in trouble with the anti-lowposter committee.

How does one avoid these consequences?

By becoming silenced, so one's poor or low content posting cannot be helped.

Who has the power to silence?

Scum.

scummy; fucking; post. scum, scum, scum. THANKS SCUM FOR BOTHERING TO WIFOM THE ENTIRE GAME RIGHT FROM THE START

by the way whoever said vizzinian gets rep after this game. god damn if that isn't a great reference.

#167 User is offline   Olar Ethil 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:54 AM

my drinking has increased my confidence that wifom benefits no one in this game except scum and so to make it the focal point of day one discussion effectively makes you scum.

vote osseric

#168 User is offline   Olar Ethil 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:58 AM

and yes in those three minutes my bac went up enough to make a difference, thank you. this is music for 18 musicians.

#169 User is offline   Olar Ethil 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:06 AM

drunk and alone, i will now stumble into bed to eleven glorious pulses.

#170 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:15 AM

I'm here, 5 pages already? You guys have been busy

#171 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:45 AM

mostly avatar talk.

its also way past my bedtime. Full Malaz re-read is a terribly addicting thing, let me tell you... i'll be around tomorrow

#172 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:57 AM

Deciding whether or not Okaros is a killer is WIFOM

We can discuss the arguments for or against him being BB but it isn't very concrete especially with no other information. We could just as well vote off the lowest/highest poster and have the same discussion whether we think the killer would lie low or be overt and brass.

Okaros hasn't had a chance yet to talk properly and give us his opinions on the game. So it would be hard to find connections to him and gain much from his lynch.

#173 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:20 AM

Right, good morning thread. I'm drinking my coffee (tea? TEA?!) and enjoying a surprisingly interesting day 1 discussion. Full of WIFOM though it may be - but then it would have to be seeing how this is day 1.

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 09 January 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

Well, at the least we know who is silenced pretty early in the day. That being said, I'll leave you until later in the day, say... 12 hours from now, maybe even a bit later. Not my idea to have meetings at clients, but that's how they ordain it, and as long as they pay me, I'm their obedient slave servant non-mafia playing little dragon.

Oh, and those looking for a massive piece on the current conjecture of whether or not UB would silence himself or BB, I'll oblige you: it's wifom.
Perhaps JA even asked UB before sorting out who got which alt.

That being said, my gut says in case UB was offered a choice, he wouldn't target BB or himself. By silencing himself, UB loses the chance to effectively symp BB. On a day as fickle as day 1, that is never a good plan. By silencing BB, he may encourage BB to lay so low day 1 that we will see him as a non-contributor and lynch him, or become suspicious of an increase in content when he can post again. Furthermore, it is player's nature to question what is odd and a person posting in pictures is always odd, also because it is very likely that we will ask the silenced player to explain himself and his thoughts more thoroughly the next day when he is not silenced, so effectively. there are 2 days of spotlight.

So, dear silenced player, please take notes.You will be subjected to a punishing crossfire of questions and soul searching * snaps surgical glove *.

So there it is, my 2 cents. Have a good night and sweet dreams.

Now this post. It stood out. First because it brings up an important point, namely that if UB silences himself he's incapable of defending BB from the fickle day 1 mob. I agree that this is a strong argument against UB having silenced himself. On the other hand, the following argument as to why UB would not have silenced BB simply does not hold water. If anything, I'm expecting Okaros to be cut some slack tomorrow simply for having been silenced today. I very much doubt that being silenced will be a hinderance for his play throughout the rest of the game. Furthermore, the thought that he'll stand out as a low turned high contributor is simply absurd.

Finally, the last relevant sentence is interesting. I'm not sure how it should be interpreted, but it raised my hackles just a little. Actually, that's my main problem with this post. It is contradictory in direction and tone, if not directly through content. If that even makes sense to you guys. It's hard to put words to what is in essence a gut feeling.

View PostKessobahn, on 10 January 2012 - 12:12 AM, said:

there is a 1 in 6.5 chance of the silenced player being evil.

that's really as objective as we can get without WIFOM-ing ourselves to death in circles.

Probability is not your strongest subject, eh?

#174 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

When that is said: It's a shitty deal for Okaros, but the discussion that has blossomed up as a result of his silencing makes me think he'll be the best option for a lynch today. If he turns up innocent there's some value in examining his attackers, and if he turns up guilty, well then we've got our work cut out for us.

Okaros

#175 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:56 AM

well isn't this nice.

sigh

#176 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:15 AM

Here and reading up...

#177 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

View PostKaratallid, on 09 January 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

Well, we can break it down into a decision tree:

First, how likely is the silenced one to be evil?

If Okaros was UB or BB, he would be in a precarious position considering all the attention he will garner, especially if he posts the wrong pictures and calls even more attention to himself. In general, I think probabilistically speaking, scum are more liable to play it moderately safe on day 1 and hide in the crowd rather than making a ballsy move. That doesn't discount the more likely possibility that UB or BB will be silenced later in the game...

but initially, since the silence probably was submitted to JA before the beginning of the game, I think a silenced person is more likely to be one of us selected at random.

Second, both scum know each other despite not being able to communicate. I think this can play out in several ways, but I think I will hold speculation till later in the day so as not to let the scum try to act in a way opposite to the speculations.

Third and finally, I think there are subtle, maybe unintentional, efforts of people to style themselves in a certain way through their texts. For instance, Osseric with several uses of the phrase "ignorant masses" which I would associate with someone implying they are a townie or even RI role.

Doing a dkt, but this stands out. It is not cool to PI people day one after a few hours into the game and it is even less cool to out inno roles like you just did.

#178 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

View PostKessobahn, on 10 January 2012 - 01:13 AM, said:

yes, possibly.

I do find it amusing how she's blaming the victim

I am not blaming the victim. I am saying that pictures are limited communication. It makes sense for that player to expand on their picture-expressed thoughts the day after, and generally, this is prompted by people asking that player questions. Hence, 2 days of spotlight: 1 for being silenced and the inevitable zomg is this scum silencing themselves? speculation, and one day in which people will attach special value to the words of the silenced one.

If you had some reading comprehension then you would have attached your bolded bit to what I wrote directly above that, stating that I think it unlikely that scum targeted itself day 1, then you should have seen very clearly that I don't think this is scum targeting itself. What you (and Okaros) have done now is just tear one line out of my post out of the context of the whole and fabric bogus doubt when there ought to be none. My statement was as a whole very clear in and by itself.

#179 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:49 AM

View PostOsseric, on 10 January 2012 - 12:46 AM, said:

Well here's a few observations only tangentially related to my theory.

Part of the reason I started that was to get some kind of discussion going. I wanted to read reactions, and such. That didn't go exactly as planned, but there were a few people who didn't want to get into it at all. Namely:

View PostTiamatha, on 09 January 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

Wait what? I'm not on the list? Am I like reverse-silenced? Uncle Ben can silence players and Auntie Benda has the power to make non-existent players speak?

Tiam posts in the middle of GL's and mine argument. He doesn't actually say anything useful.

View PostSorrit, on 09 January 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

my apologies but I'm off to bed. The game started at an impractical time for me.

Sorrit peaces out. Believable, I suppose.

View PostSilanah, on 09 January 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

Sorry guys, I'm at work all day today and can't post much. I'll try and keep track of the thread and should be back on this evening.

Silanah pops in, then says BBL. Believable, I suppose.

Those were the least contributing people who were online during the discussion. The most worrying is Tiam, who decides not to voice an opinion despite being around and clearly reading the thread.

Nice padding your post-count through a copy-paste job.

#180 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 10 January 2012 - 10:47 AM, said:

View PostKessobahn, on 10 January 2012 - 01:13 AM, said:

yes, possibly.

I do find it amusing how she's blaming the victim

I am not blaming the victim. I am saying that pictures are limited communication. It makes sense for that player to expand on their picture-expressed thoughts the day after, and generally, this is prompted by people asking that player questions. Hence, 2 days of spotlight: 1 for being silenced and the inevitable zomg is this scum silencing themselves? speculation, and one day in which people will attach special value to the words of the silenced one.

If you had some reading comprehension then you would have attached your bolded bit to what I wrote directly above that, stating that I think it unlikely that scum targeted itself day 1, then you should have seen very clearly that I don't think this is scum targeting itself. What you (and Okaros) have done now is just tear one line out of my post out of the context of the whole and fabric bogus doubt when there ought to be none. My statement was as a whole very clear in and by itself.

Well if she didn't want to be silenced she shouldn't have dressed like a ho.

As for the spotlight. It's probable that at least one out of the scum pair will have to be silenced at some point and as such that spotlight thing you keep bringing up will apply at some point no matter. As such the best way to avoid such attention is to be silenced on day 1 as everyone knows that day 1 is full of nothing and we can all just shrug our shoulders at the whole thing.

Share this topic:

• 66 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

46 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 46 guests, 0 anonymous users