• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ONCE UPON A TIME discussion w/spoilers for weekly new episodes

#141 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:16 AM

I know right?!

LOL

Let us hope that Cruella DeVille isn't magically made magic when her and Ursala come on the scene next.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#142 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:47 AM

View PostBriar King, on 02 December 2014 - 02:57 AM, said:

I thought Regina was Ursala? Or are you just throwing names out there?

Nope, Regina just pretended to be Ursala to use Ariel. The real Ursala exists as well.

Here'e a pic of both with Gold.

http://36.media.tumb...ww76eo1_500.jpg
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#143 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:10 PM

I have to say, I'm not feeling this season. I thought the last episode was lame. So, you hate what you love and it will tear the town apart. Why did Regina go after Snow and not Henry? Why were Snow and Charming so concerned about the baby?

I am under the impression that this half season was forced on the writing staff by Disney in an attempt to cash in on Frozen.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#144 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:59 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 09 December 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

I am under the impression that this half season was forced on the writing staff by Disney in an attempt to cash in on Frozen.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. And while I largely feel the same way about this season so far...I DO think the addition of the Snow Queen and incorporating her into the Frozen family was well crafted. I genuinely felt her emotion at the end when she realized what she'd done, and it was well juxtaposed with young Emma's experiences. Thyis was the first episode that sold me though on Snow Queen as a character, rather than just a villain trope.

And the magic cloud was used for (what is this) a third or fourth time? Silly.

I have high hopes for Cruella DeVil if only because her raison d'etre has always been killing exotic animals for fashion (which means she shouldn't be able to craft any magical clouds)...so I'm really curious how that will fit into OUAT world...because they've only got Pongo.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 09 December 2014 - 01:59 PM

#145 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:41 PM

She probably wants to turn Neil into a hat or something.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#146 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:52 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 09 December 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

She probably wants to turn Neil into a hat or something.

Or maybe they'll play up the Gold-as-Crocodile angle and have her want a Rumpled-suit?!

HEYOOOOO!!!!

#147 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:51 PM

Nice!

I'm digging the Hook/Rumple story. I love seeing Regina struggle to do the right thing. Those are the highlights of the show for me. The Charming are just a little too over the top white hat.

What's everyone vote on Emma's "superpwoer" just a highly tuned intuition or can she really tell when someone is lying?

#148 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:52 AM

While this season was kind of meh....the fall finale was pretty good and teased what is basically going to be a Heroes VS Villains second half of the season. The Rumple & Belle scene at the end was heartbreaking.

#149 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:06 PM

I loved the Rumple/Bella scene too. Saved the episode.

I think I would have liked to see Cruella as someone who could become a classic villain, instead of being lumped in with Maleficent and Ursala in fairytale land. That just didn't seem to fit.

#150 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:19 PM

Hated the frozen arc, Rump/Belle is exactly what I love about the show. Give me hope for the next arc.

#151 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:14 PM

Looks like some of the Enchanted Forest scenes with Snow and Mal were filmed while Ginnifer Goodwin was still pregnant. That really cements the thought that the Frozen arc was rushed in.

#152 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:22 AM

The wife and I have bailed on this show completely. It just got too stupid to continue for us.

#153 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:34 PM

Cruella had the same powers as Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark, money. That could potentially make her the most powerful villain.

I've tried to watch this weeks episode twice now. I fell asleep both times.

#154 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:46 PM

Not going to read back through the thread because spoilers but just started watching this tonight. 4 seasons are on Netflix - is that the full run thus far?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#155 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:28 PM

So I'm all caught up. The season finished up nicely. The Cruella, Lily, and Bizzaro Enchanted Forest plots were good. The cliffhanger was enough for me to look forward to the next season.

#156 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist
  • Interests:Reading MBotF and Playing 360/PC

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:02 PM

View PostBriar King, on 28 September 2015 - 04:05 AM, said:

So S5 started today. I haven't watched it yet but I really hope it will be the last! I'm hoping it's good with Emma being Dark...we will see. I'm just to invested in the characters to stop watching so I'm going to irate if this half is as bad as Frozen and Pan. Please end this show yall.

Watched the first episode of Season 5 and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Edit: Doesn't have the Frozen/Pan feel to it (yet) but there is a bit where you will roll your eyes in frustration. (you will know it when it happens)

I now love Netflix as OUP was cancelled in the UK so binge watched S4 (first half good second half meh except last couple episodes). They are also airing the S5 episodes a couple days after they premier which is awesome.

I just hope that its not 12 good episodes, 8 crap filler ones and then a cliff-hanger ending.

Oh and FYI, dark Emma is pretty hot (not as hot as Regina though)

This post has been edited by DeadHedge: 01 October 2015 - 02:07 PM

"The wise say that as vows are sworn, so are the reaped. I found this to be true"

Prince K'azz D'avore
Founder of the Crimson Guard

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#157 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:45 PM

View PostDeadHedge, on 01 October 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

(not as hot as Regina though)

PSA: Due to the above opinion, I suggest you find and watch the one season they did of a show called SWINGTOWN. You may thank me later.

#158 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:35 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 01 October 2015 - 02:45 PM, said:

View PostDeadHedge, on 01 October 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

(not as hot as Regina though)

PSA: Due to the above opinion, I suggest you find and watch the one season they did of a show called SWINGTOWN. You may thank me later.

QT, I didn't watch the episodes but did the simple image search for the show and you have my most humble thanks lol
"The wise say that as vows are sworn, so are the reaped. I found this to be true"

Prince K'azz D'avore

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#159 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:04 AM

View PostBriar King, on 03 October 2015 - 04:05 AM, said:

Well quite a fun opening I thought. I really did fucking cringe hard and eye roll at yet ANOTHER memory wipe. Will they ever not have this on this show??!!

Told you there would be an eye roller in there lol.

Lets see if its 10 needless filler episodes before they do something worth while

Prince K'azz D'avore

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#160 User is offline   Esa1996 

• Fist

Posted 29 October 2015 - 07:40 PM

I'm liking it so far. S5 seems to be a step in the right direction again. Don't really know what it is that makes it better than 3 and 4 though.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users