• You cannot reply to this topic

ONCE UPON A TIME discussion w/spoilers for weekly new episodes

#121 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:19 PM

View PostAbyss, on 24 September 2014 - 04:00 AM, said:

Oh they officially are doing Frozen. Elsa, Anna, Sven, the whole frosty crew. It's a brilliant money move.

I remember reading somewhere that the snowman guy won't be in it, though! *sad face*
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#122 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:32 PM

Browsing this thread without having seen the show is just...what the fuck is going on here?

Have they made a TV show out of Kingdom Hearts?

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#123 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:37 PM

View PostBlend, on 24 September 2014 - 05:19 PM, said:

Oh they officially are doing Frozen. Elsa, Anna, Sven, the whole frosty crew. It's a brilliant money move.

I remember reading somewhere that the snowman guy won't be in it, though! *sad face*

There is supposed to be a snowman. Unclear whether it's the one from the movie.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#124 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:12 PM

View PostGrief, on 24 September 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

Browsing this thread without having seen the show is just...what the fuck is going on here?

Have they made a TV show out of Kingdom Hearts?

I WISH!

If it were that, it would be better.

But yeah that's a close analogy, basically imagine that Traverse Town was a town on earth and is a nexus of warps holes that feed into other realities (Disney-realities) and those characters in that town interact with one another and in their own realms as well.

This includes the Star Wars universe as the Sarlaac Pit was mentioned by a sorcerer in the spinoff show about Alice in Wonderland.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#125 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:23 PM

View PostAbyss, on 24 September 2014 - 05:37 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 24 September 2014 - 05:19 PM, said:

There is supposed to be a snowman. Unclear whether it's the one from the movie.

The description for the first episode talks about her creating a guardian - which would likely be the abominable snowman thing that she has guarding her ice castle in the movie, and not Olaf.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#126 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:41 PM

View PostBlend, on 13 May 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 12 May 2014 - 08:56 PM, said:

If they actually go with Elsa, they won't know what to do with the ratings boom that will result, but i have doubts it's more than a rumour.

When the urn first tipped over, and blue goo started pouring out, I admit that I was hoping for Genie from Aladdin.

I believe the mirror is a combo of the genie and the magic mirror.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#127 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:07 PM

I'm finding this season nigh-unwatchable.

Each episode is self-contained with only the Snow Queen/Emma thing of any real worth. Gold and Hook are still posturing and the fact that Gold hasn't come clean with Emma about the dagger seems like the worst foreshadowing ever.

I dunno. Not digging it.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#128 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:53 PM

So with all the memory erasing, is the Snow Queen really a Rock Troll in disguise?
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#129 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:35 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 30 October 2014 - 02:53 PM, said:

So with all the memory erasing, is the Snow Queen really a Rock Troll in disguise?

LOL!

that would be funny.

I have a feeling that the Snow Queen is going to be revealed as Elsa and Anna's mother who disappeared (went down with the ship), and that's why she ends up running the foster home on our world, because she wants the family she lost?

Just my thought.

#130 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:27 PM

All I really want is for someone to give Elsa some real clothes. That dress just looks so ridiculous alongside everyone else.

#131 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:37 PM

View PostBlend, on 30 October 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

All I really want is for someone to give Elsa some real clothes. That dress just looks so ridiculous alongside everyone else.

Right?! I said that to my wife on the last ep. Why is she STILL wearing that silly dress? Get her some Storybrook clothes. Take her to Sears.

#132 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:14 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 30 October 2014 - 05:37 PM, said:

Right?! I said that to my wife on the last ep. Why is she STILL wearing that silly dress? Get her some Storybrook clothes. Take her to Sears.

To sell more Halloween costumes.

It's going to be an Elsa-ween this year.

Some of the parents are talking about doing a shot for every Elsa that comes to the door.

#133 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:17 PM

They probably don't have a Sears in Storybrooke, and Dairy Queen's got the ice wall around town, so there's a serious dearth in clothes shopping options. That's my theory, anyway.

#134 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:39 PM

View PostBlend, on 30 October 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

They probably don't have a Sears in Storybrooke, and Dairy Queen's got the ice wall around town, so there's a serious dearth in clothes shopping options. That's my theory, anyway.

Ha! Probably.

#135 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:29 PM

So the mid-season finale was a bit of a meh. I mean there were a few little cliffhangery bits...but otherwise meh.

I really think they need to break out of the whole "villain comes to Storybrooke, villain wants to take over storybrooke, villain makes people forget." mode. I like, the idea of Rumple wanting to get out of Storybrooke and use his powers to conquer more of our world. But it needs to be accomplished not as a main plot point (like having to destroy/trap Emma in Mickey's hat to do it), and instead have it happen without needing something to happen to the main cast as a result. I want to know what Rumple is out there GLOBALLY causing shit...and then that's what the inhabitants of Storybrooke have to fear.

After Regina, Peter Pan, The Wicked Witch, and now The Snow Queen I think the villain comes to Storybrooke and wreaks their own brand of havoc is played out. We need to blow the world open and make this be about more than just good VS evil Disney-style.

Though I will note that I could stare at Georgina Haig (Elsa) ALL DAY LONG.

Oh and the Old Guy is the Sorcerer's Apprentice right? So he's supposed to be Mickey, yes?

Also, what are the odds that the author of the book will end up being a version of Walt Disney himself?

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 17 November 2014 - 04:31 PM

#136 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:57 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 17 November 2014 - 04:29 PM, said:

So the mid-season finale was a bit of a meh. I mean there were a few little cliffhangery bits...but otherwise meh.

I really think they need to break out of the whole "villain comes to Storybrooke, villain wants to take over storybrooke, villain makes people forget." mode. I like, the idea of Rumple wanting to get out of Storybrooke and use his powers to conquer more of our world. But it needs to be accomplished not as a main plot point (like having to destroy/trap Emma in Mickey's hat to do it), and instead have it happen without needing something to happen to the main cast as a result. I want to know what Rumple is out there GLOBALLY causing shit...and then that's what the inhabitants of Storybrooke have to fear.

After Regina, Peter Pan, The Wicked Witch, and now The Snow Queen I think the villain comes to Storybrooke and wreaks their own brand of havoc is played out. We need to blow the world open and make this be about more than just good VS evil Disney-style.

I pretty much agree with this - it would be nice to see the gang outside of Storybrooke. I had hope at the beginning of the Wicked season, when Henry and Emma and Hook were all seen outside Storebrooke, but that ended up disappointing.

Though I will note that I could stare at Georgina Haig (Elsa) ALL DAY LONG.

She's very pretty, but the "I'm thinking deeply about something but I don't want to say it" eyes are starting to get on my nerves. And can she not find another gods damned dress?

Oh and the Old Guy is the Sorcerer's Apprentice right? So he's supposed to be Mickey, yes?

Yes sir, and let's nod to the fact that he was changed into a mouse in the show. That was totes a nod to Mickey!

Also, what are the odds that the author of the book will end up being a version of Walt Disney himself?

When I first saw the apprentice, I thought he was going to end up being Arthur from Sword in the Stone, so I'm holding out hope that the writer of the book could be Merlin. We've seen OUAT tie two different characters together (i.e. Rumplestiltskin and Beast) so there's no reason that the Sorcerer can't be both the one from Fantasia and Merline from Sword in the Stone.

However, the door that the Apprentice created between Arendelle and Earth for the Snow Queen looked a lot like the doors you'd find in the video game Kingdom Hearts, so a part of me is hoping to see some Kingdom Hearts tie-in. The book's writer could be Ansem the Wise, or, if we go the dark route, Xehanort. Either of those would just BLOW MY MIND!

This post has been edited by Blend: 17 November 2014 - 05:58 PM

#137 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:20 PM

View PostBlend, on 17 November 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

However, the door that the Apprentice created between Arendelle and Earth for the Snow Queen looked a lot like the doors you'd find in the video game Kingdom Hearts, so a part of me is hoping to see some Kingdom Hearts tie-in. The book's writer could be Ansem the Wise, or, if we go the dark route, Xehanort. Either of those would just BLOW MY MIND!

This is EXACTLY what I thought when I saw the door. I was like "Oh...here comes Sora!" LOL Wishful thinking.

and yeah I could see Ansem having written it. Especially considering Ansem's pages floating around!

#138 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:09 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 17 November 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 17 November 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

This is EXACTLY what I thought when I saw the door. I was like "Oh...here comes Sora!" LOL Wishful thinking.

and yeah I could see Ansem having written it. Especially considering Ansem's pages floating around!

Right? The door was just so distinctive that it's the first thing I thought of when I saw it. I kept looking at it to see if there were any obvious hearts or giant keyhole on the door, but I didn't see any. I dunno, but Ansem the Wise being the writer of the book, and potentially the Sorcerer (who I think is the writer of the book anyway) would totes work.

#139 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:40 AM

View PostBriar King, on 17 November 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

I don't think that was finale. There's another epi in 2 weeks.

Oh shit, you're right. I guess I assumed since it ws a two-hour ep, that it was the mid-series.

#140 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:09 PM

View PostBriar King, on 17 November 2014 - 05:11 AM, said:

The only thing I can focus on when Elizabeth Mitchell is onscreen is her breast.

She does breathe rather well.

I'm not digging on this season for some reason. I have a feeling the Frozen tie-in was forced in an attempt to capitalize on the success of the movie.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users