• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars - The Old Republic MMO clan?

#181 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:51 AM

I am a bounty hunter now. I work for the highest bidder. I also mainly chose light side options because I am a big softy. So far I have thwarted more than one of the Siths attempts at commiting genocide and torturing people.

My next Empire character will be a Sith Warrior. I am going to be as evil as is humanly possible.

It's all about the role you play.

Also Ashley was a fucking bitch.

This post has been edited by Aptorius: 03 January 2012 - 08:53 AM

#182 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:59 AM

Ashley is a stupid bitch, racism or no racism, and that's that.

I take as many dark side options as I can with being able to stomach it (some are just plain dumb) for my Inquisitor, and mainly because I don't think there's any gain in going grey - you either go full dark or light side, right? My bounty hunter and Agent will be light side, and my Warrior will be dark side too, to even things out.

Quite frankly, I'm curious of Republic dark side options now.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#183 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:00 AM

She was a perfectly well balanced young lady by the end :D

Oh, I've played a Sith Warrior to level 10ish. I was actually managing to be evil quite well until I got my companion. I failed hard after that :D
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#184 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:01 AM

Well, the companion Inquisitors get after Korriban responds very well to dark side choices, so it's pretty much molding you in that direction.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#185 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:33 AM

You're all a bunch of pussies.

I have some 9000 dark side points and ZERO light side points :D
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#186 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:35 AM

View PostPrimateus, on 03 January 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

I've been at Dark 5 for days. You just get a stupid title called 'The Loathsome'. I was hoping for something better.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#187 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:39 AM

View PostDusty Gillie Suit, on 03 January 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

View PostPrimateus, on 03 January 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

I've been at Dark 5 for days. You just get a stupid title called 'The Loathsome'. I was hoping for something better.

Wow, that's dissapointing. Still better than "The Pure" though. But then again, the only title I'm using is "Lord" So it's all good.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#188 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

I'm just waiting for my Darth title. Also, can I disable displaying my legacy name? Glokta Gothos looks kinda silly.

#189 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

View PostGothos, on 03 January 2012 - 09:50 AM, said:

I'm just waiting for my Darth title. Also, can I disable displaying my legacy name? Glokta Gothos looks kinda silly.

Yup go into... social then at the bottom I think there is legacy and you can choose to have it as surname, as 'Of the (legacy name) Legacy' under your name, or not showing it.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#190 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

That's awesome, thanks!

#191 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:41 PM

Some dipshit complained about it being possibly "too casual".

http://www.swtor.com...t=124246&page=3

It immediately made me think of this:

Not the best quality but it was the only one with the actual clip. :D

This post has been edited by Sombra: 03 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#192 User is offline   rhulad 

• First Sword

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

Currently a lvl 17 Sith Inquisitor/Assassin trying to be as evil as possible.

#193 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

My Agent is still at 11 and waiting to begin questing on Dromund Kaas while the Trooper is at 14 and almost finished with Coruscant (I think). I do have to admit that the Trooper should only be played by people who enjoy military (or at least more militaristic) stories. The fact that I am one of those people probably explains why I played the Trooper more than the Agent (who is so James Bond it's hilarious).
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#194 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:30 PM

Just beat Grandfather the world boss on Balmora with a random Ops group we assembled. And then I won all the loot he dropped. God damn that was awesome.

#195 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:32 PM

Damn I've played too much the last week or so. The game is a lot of fun. That said, I'm probably going to spend some time away, especially since classes start in a couple days.

#196 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:14 AM

Just ordered it from Amazon. Should be here by Friday. :D

Friday the 13th ... ^_^
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#197 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:25 AM

There are quite a few Fridays the 13ths this year.

Also - delays, delays, delays - computer needs more work. Gah.

#198 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

Okay, Starwars Nerds, fill me in on some details about the Star Wars universe.

They talk about an ancient empire that predates mankind called the Infinite Empire. Is this a part of the official Star Wars cannon or is it something Bioware has made up? If it is a part of the lore, what is it about? How big was this Infinite Empire and were they force users as well or were they primarily super technology users?

There is talk about the Emperor being "immortal". He's apparently been alive for at least 400 years I think. Or maybe he's dead and the ruling inner circle of the Sith Lords just pretend he's still alive for the sake of propaganda. But there's talk of another Jedi Master that has been imprisoned and tortured for 300 years by the emperor so it seems these guys are a lot more powerful than the current generations we see in the films. Can a Jedi live for ever?

What exactly are these force users capable of in the expanded universe. What are their limits? I remember reading that very strong force users can influence and guide entire fleets of battleships. There is talk in the game of Jedis being able to dominate entire planets. This is quite impressive compared to the wussy jedis we meet in the films.

Are mediclorians only a part of the films or do they exist in the expanded universe? If they do, how the hell do you explain the spiritual nonsense with jedi ghosts taking over people and using the force. Are there also ghost mediclorians?

This post has been edited by Aptorius: 10 January 2012 - 07:43 PM

#199 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

Reminder that Yoda is about 800 years old in the original trilogy.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#200 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

View PostAptorius, on 10 January 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

They talk about an ancient empire that predates mankind called the Infinite Empire. Is this a part of the official Star Wars cannon or is it something Bioware has made up? If it is a part of the lore, what is it about? How big was this Infinite Empire and were they force users as well or were they primarily super technology users?

Go play Knights of the Old Republic.

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

32 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 32 guests, 0 anonymous users