• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 78.5 - Ragnar's Escape Trouble at the monastery

#21 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:06 AM

As faithful Christians, we do not believe in those small capitalised gods-creatures. Demons, I would call them, devils and the like.

I shall only follow the Lord.

#22 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:11 AM

Fixed. But Kesso, IGMEOY.

#23 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:14 AM

View PostOsseric, on 27 October 2011 - 11:11 AM, said:

Serious or banter?

#24 User is offline   Tiamatha 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:14 AM

View PostOsseric, on 27 October 2011 - 10:20 AM, said:

View PostTiamatha, on 27 October 2011 - 10:15 AM, said:

Vote Osseric

hypocrisy

On your part? You've stolen Anthras'.

i voted for you for hypocrisy...am i complaining about stolen avatars?

#25 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:21 AM

View PostRuse, on 27 October 2011 - 11:14 AM, said:

View PostOsseric, on 27 October 2011 - 11:11 AM, said:

Serious or banter?

I wanted it to be mysterious as to which I meant... :unworthy:

#26 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:24 AM

View PostTiamatha, on 27 October 2011 - 11:14 AM, said:

Vote Osseric

hypocrisy

The avatar I had at the time wasn't stolen, it was Chinese. But whatever.

#27 User is offline   Tiamatha 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:26 AM

View PostOsseric, on 27 October 2011 - 11:24 AM, said:

View PostTiamatha, on 27 October 2011 - 11:14 AM, said:

Vote Osseric

hypocrisy

The avatar I had at the time wasn't stolen, it was Chinese. But whatever.

still was not the original avatar...

#28 User is offline   Tiamatha 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:29 AM

anyways....anyone remember what my avatar is supposed to be?

#29 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:31 AM

It should be this, IIRC:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Osseric: 27 October 2011 - 11:33 AM

#30 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:34 AM

At least, I think that's what it was a couple of games back. Tiamatha is a fairly new alt, I don't remember that one quite as well...could also be this one:

Posted Image

But I thought that belonged to Karatallid or someone like that who barely ever gets used.

#31 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:47 AM

Oh well, let's make this a mysterious half-serious vote, then.

remove vote

vote Osseric

Seriously, the whole thingy pinged my radar, for the following scenario:

Why the "IGMEOY"? First, IF Kesso did something suspicious, it was taking someone else's avatar, in this case Osserics. Why is that suspicious? Because it could be signalling. Could also be honest mistake, I readily admit that.

So, I did make me a list of everyone not having the right Avatar, and "had my eyes on them." As they might signal each other.

But why would Osseric think anything about Kesso signalling him, IF Osseric were actually town? A town being signalled doesnt find that suspicious, why would signalling a town player be suspicious?

So, I translate Osserics "IGMEOY" with: "yep, saw your signalling, keeping you on the list of our symps"

Plus, I didn't like his evasive answer. Why not coming clean if this is a total harmless thing?

Hence my vote.

#32 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

Checking in

It took a minute, but I think I got the avatar changed. Somebody tell me if this is wrong

Looks like it has begun already, good

#33 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:10 PM

No, that avatar looks like the right one to me.

#34 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:27 PM

View PostRuse, on 27 October 2011 - 11:47 AM, said:

remove vote

vote Osseric

Why the "IGMEOY"? First, IF Kesso did something suspicious, it was taking someone else's avatar, in this case Osserics. Why is that suspicious? Because it could be signalling. Could also be honest mistake, I readily admit that.

So, I did make me a list of everyone not having the right Avatar, and "had my eyes on them." As they might signal each other.

But why would Osseric think anything about Kesso signalling him, IF Osseric were actually town? A town being signalled doesnt find that suspicious, why would signalling a town player be suspicious?

So, I translate Osserics "IGMEOY" with: "yep, saw your signalling, keeping you on the list of our symps"

Plus, I didn't like his evasive answer. Why not coming clean if this is a total harmless thing?

Hence my vote.

Interesting. Early game Mafia is all about poking and prodding, seeing what touches a nerve. You use the traditional early RP to make subtle accusations, and if someone doesn't respond as you expect, you needle them further. You throw out blatant signals, and see who latches onto them. Keeping things vague serves a purpose for the town because it forces the scum to constantly wonder about whether they need to worry about defending themselves, if they've found a symp and so forth. That's my philosophy, anyway.

#35 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:52 PM

View PostOsseric, on 27 October 2011 - 12:27 PM, said:

remove vote

vote Osseric

Hence my vote.

Interesting. Early game Mafia is all about poking and prodding, seeing what touches a nerve. You use the traditional early RP to make subtle accusations, and if someone doesn't respond as you expect, you needle them further. You throw out blatant signals, and see who latches onto them. Keeping things vague serves a purpose for the town because it forces the scum to constantly wonder about whether they need to worry about defending themselves, if they've found a symp and so forth. That's my philosophy, anyway.

Interesting indeed, since it seems that our opinions are the opposite of each other.

Scum alredy know more than town does. Being vague and middle of the road just helps them hide.

Espescially on day one it is important to start some discussion, not create one murky swamp where nothing gets done.

#36 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

View PostRuse, on 27 October 2011 - 12:52 PM, said:

View PostOsseric, on 27 October 2011 - 12:27 PM, said:

remove vote

vote Osseric

Hence my vote.

Interesting indeed, since it seems that our opinions are the opposite of each other.

Scum alredy know more than town does. Being vague and middle of the road just helps them hide.

Espescially on day one it is important to start some discussion, not create one murky swamp where nothing gets done.

Ah, but there's a big difference between being vague in the strength of your accusations and vague in your arguments themselves. The former is useful, because scum are naturally more scared of being accused than innos by virtue of their team being smaller. The latter is not useful because the arguments can be pulled apart.

Also, middle-of-the-road doesn't come into it. I am starting discussion, can you not see that? I've already got you biting :unworthy:.

#37 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:24 PM

I can now see your point about the vagueness of accusation acutally.

But: you did not even make it clear if it WAS an accusation at all. Plus, there there is no way - at least from my perspective - why you would find Kesso suspicious, or would accuse him. You really think he would feel threatened if he were scum? That's why your comment seemed off, and why I asked.

If you have a reason, I'd love to hear it.

It makes sense in the way I described. And I guess, when you suspect Kesso of being scum and wanted to fake symp him.

Alas, I am the only one biting. This would be more fun with others joining in.

#38 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:29 PM

This is usually a fairly slow time of day.

#39 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:46 PM

View PostGamelon, on 27 October 2011 - 01:29 PM, said:

This is usually a fairly slow time of day.

Damn, and this is my main posting-time.

btw, is that all you have to say? At least do some RP signalling I or someone else can pick on...

#40 User is offline   Galain 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:46 PM

I'm checking in. I don't have time to change my avatar right now, I will as soon as I can.

Share this topic:

• 44 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users