• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Walking Dead Spoilers to latest ep

#381 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:04 PM

View PostSerenity, on 10 November 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

A bit of a filler episode I thought. At least they gave Maggie something to do, and the Carl/Ron slap fight was hilarious. Deanna walked around looking more like a zombie than the zombies.

Where was Carol? I don't recall seeing her, which surprised me considering Rick had returned.

Ya, felt the same about filler-ish. Was looking for some closure, etc!
Someone at work commented on the missing Carol as well.

Then I pointed out that they kind of name dropped her to both show she's still around, and explain a random zombie walking around that was there for surprise factor. (Rick Said Carol mentioned there was a Wolf she killed unaccounted for). Also with both Carl & Rick out an about I assume she's back home watching little ass kicker. Would still be nice to see her, because lately she's awesome in every scene :) :p
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#382 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:32 PM

They gave Carol an off day so they could budget for those fancy crackers. That actor had to eat like 30 sleeves' worth during all the takes in that momentous scene, and they were high end circle crackers, not cheapo square crackers.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#383 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 16 November 2015 - 01:58 PM

View PostBriar King, on 16 November 2015 - 06:21 AM, said:

A very mild spoiler but it's like 3 seconds in so I won't tag it. I'm confused about Darryl. Last we saw him he was riding off on his own ditching plan and here he is riding next to car like it never happened... Bad editing?

Rick gave a moving speech over the walkies about how going back to Alexandria would be for themselves, but to continue dragging the walkers away would be for all of Alexandria. Daryl turned around and merged up w/ them at the end of the episode.
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#384 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 16 November 2015 - 01:59 PM

On last night's episode, near the end...

...so was that Glenn's voice on the walkie asking for help? :(

#385 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:06 PM

That wasn't nearly as big a dud as the previous episode, but still, c'mon. There wasn't a single moment we haven't already seen before on this show.
Spoiler

#386 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:05 AM

That might be the most BK sentence you have ever written, BK.

#387 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:28 AM

View Postworry, on 16 November 2015 - 11:06 PM, said:

That wasn't nearly as big a dud as the previous episode, but still, c'mon. There wasn't a single moment we haven't already seen before on this show.

Yep. Another yawnfest.

#388 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:23 PM

RPGs, baby!
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#389 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:29 AM

Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 23 November 2015 - 02:55 AM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#390 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:10 PM

View PostBriar King, on 23 November 2015 - 03:56 AM, said:

When did that Flight bit start during commercials? It said it was the 7th skit but that's the 1st time I've seen it.

It's been all season, but hasn't been worth fishing through the other commercials to find. Nothing has happened in any of the parts I've seen.

Doubt the story will connect to Fear at all...

#391 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:16 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 23 November 2015 - 02:29 AM, said:

Spoiler

It was the most predictable thing ever, and I think I hated it all the more because it was so predictable.

#392 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist
  • Interests:Reading MBotF and Playing 360/PC

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:48 AM

View PostSerenity, on 24 November 2015 - 08:16 AM, said:

Spoiler

It was the most predictable thing ever, and I think I hated it all the more because it was so predictable.

I know that it was predictable, but we just need to remember that (comic spoilerish)
Spoiler

I must say I am enjoying this series so far, it has had more slow paced 'set-up' episodes but unlike other shows such as Once Upon a time, I don't feel that these set-up episodes are a complete waste and they do actually offer something to the story.

My wonder is about next weeks episode, mid season finale, will the crew that are outside the walls make it back in time especially with the RPG's that were found as that could be a game changer there.
"The wise say that as vows are sworn, so are the reaped. I found this to be true"

Prince K'azz D'avore
Founder of the Crimson Guard

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#393 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:55 PM

View PostDeadHedge, on 24 November 2015 - 08:48 AM, said:

Spoiler

I know that it was predictable, but we just need to remember that (comic spoilerish)
Spoiler

I must say I am enjoying this series so far, it has had more slow paced 'set-up' episodes but unlike other shows such as Once Upon a time, I don't feel that these set-up episodes are a complete waste and they do actually offer something to the story.

My wonder is about next weeks episode, mid season finale, will the crew that are outside the walls make it back in time especially with the RPG's that were found as that could be a game changer there.

comic discussion spoiler:
Spoiler

#394 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:00 PM

View PostBulwyf, on 16 November 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

On last night's episode, near the end...

...so was that Glenn's voice on the walkie asking for help? :(

Guess it wasn't Glenn afterall...
My buddy has a theory that it's the guy (and girl) who robbed Darryl (they stole his walkie talkie?)

mild comic reference, not really a spoiler:
Spoiler

more explicit comic spoiler:
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Bulwyf: 24 November 2015 - 05:02 PM

#395 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:27 PM

View PostBulwyf, on 24 November 2015 - 04:55 PM, said:

View PostDeadHedge, on 24 November 2015 - 08:48 AM, said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

comic discussion spoiler:
Spoiler

Spoiler

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#396 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:08 PM

There was a swarm of walkers having a feeding frenzy. No way Glenn wouldn't get bit. Even showing how Glenn escapes, Nicholas landed perpendicular on top of Glenn, leaving his legs etc completely exposed. You're telling me that walkers would be on top of his legs eating Nicholas, and not even a walker in the second row wouldn't be biting some Glenn Ankle? Redonkulous!

I would have loved Glenn to have escaped from a similar situation, just as long as it was believable. He also fell "over" walkers so there should have been some between him and the dumpster chowing down on his exposed face.

#397 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:34 PM

View PostBulwyf, on 24 November 2015 - 06:08 PM, said:

There was a swarm of walkers having a feeding frenzy. No way Glenn wouldn't get bit. Even showing how Glenn escapes, Nicholas landed perpendicular on top of Glenn, leaving his legs etc completely exposed. You're telling me that walkers would be on top of his legs eating Nicholas, and not even a walker in the second row wouldn't be biting some Glenn Ankle? Redonkulous!

I would have loved Glenn to have escaped from a similar situation, just as long as it was believable. He also fell "over" walkers so there should have been some between him and the dumpster chowing down on his exposed face.

All I'm saying is that there is always a chance. Glenn happened upon that chance. Just because the odds are so slim doesn't make it impossible. And if it's not impossible, I'm okay buying it.

#398 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 29 November 2015 - 02:02 PM

I knew it! I'm glad but disappointed at the same time.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#399 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:13 PM

...and I think
Spoiler
has become the most loathed character on the show.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#400 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:47 PM

That was a largely underwhelming mid-season finale. It had some great characters moments (Michonne and Deanna especially, but also Morgan and Carol)...but overall there was nothing really exceptional...even the clever "ants march and devour Sam's Cookie" allegory fell kind of flat.

Oh, and
Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 30 November 2015 - 02:48 PM

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users