#561 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:10 PM

My brother roped me into chest day.

We lifted 20 and 30 kg at 6 different stations. 4 reps of 10 each. We wound down with lateral fly weights 7.5 kgs each then did a standing pull across the shoulders from 15 - 40 kgs. Im weaker than the rest of the team. Havent been in the gym in years. I am the heaviest though. My brother and I are the tallest aswell. With that in mind i want to hit the gym atleast 2wice a week, filling the rest of the week with cardio and core excercises.

My one problem is slow recovery. Anyone know how i can reduce muscle pain after lifting weights?
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#562 User is offline   Azathmaster 

• Rewinder of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • First Survivor in the Survivors' Guild

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:49 PM

So damn close! Hit 245lbs on hang clean today, only 5lbs off my original goal. Went for 250 but couldn't hit it today. But I'm confident i'll get it soon so I'm officially upping my hang clean goal to 275lbs(125kg). All my other lifts have been progressing decently but for some reason my clean is going up way faster than any other lift.

My weight's been going up well too, up from 225lbs to 240lbs (102kg->109kg) and not looking or feeling much fatter.

And @Dolmen, I've found that if you get into a routine the muscle pain/soreness lessens. It doesnt go away, but its definitely not the awful soreness of the first lift in a while

This post has been edited by Azathmaster: 16 March 2017 - 09:52 PM

"To victory! It feels unfamiliar, but it tastes like chicken"

#563 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:49 PM

As it was my birthday this week, and as previously mentioned in this very thread on/around my birthday i do crazy crap, i managed a bunch of pbs :)

All of the following completed at 75kg bodyweight:

Dips +45 kg*5, dips +50kg*3

Squat 110kg*15 (not all time, but at this bodyweight it is)

Pullups +40kg*1

Bench press 110kg*1 (not an all time pb, but at this bodyweight it is)

Sled push 305kg*15 metres, twice.

farmers walks +150kg (75 per hand) 60 metres

240kg tyre flips *10...

crazy (but fun) couple of sessions :wallbash:
meh. Link was dead :(

#564 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:55 PM

You're a strong son of a bitch, Coco.

#565 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:50 PM

View PostSeduce Goose, on 27 May 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

You're a strong son of a bitch, Coco.

Thanks Apt.

Luckily i train with people who prove that isn't true to me regularly - or at least that i'm not as strong as i COULD be

- makes me push myself that much harder.

#566 User is offline   Azathmaster 

• Rewinder of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • First Survivor in the Survivors' Guild

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:58 PM

I'm making progress towards my goals, just tested ORM on bench and hang clean this past week and hit 250 for clean (my original clean goal) and 230 on bench. Only 20lbs away from my bench goal.

Our training program hasn't put much of an emphasis on deadlift so I haven't made much progress on that front. For my squats I feel like im improving but havent tested my max for a while so its hard to know exactly where i am.

I've also hit my ultimate body weight goal or 250 (113.5kilos), so now I can just eat to maintain weight again (even if maintaining this weight is still a struggle!)
"To victory! It feels unfamiliar, but it tastes like chicken"

#567 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:38 PM

mentioned upthread about how my deadlift sucks hard. Been working on it however and starting to see some progress.

Today managed 140 kg*15 - comfortably a rep pb (previous was 10), so hopeful i'll get a decent single out of this programme when i finish it.

#568 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:54 PM

View PostDolmen 2.0, on 03 March 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

My brother roped me into chest day.

We lifted 20 and 30 kg at 6 different stations. 4 reps of 10 each. We wound down with lateral fly weights 7.5 kgs each then did a standing pull across the shoulders from 15 - 40 kgs. Im weaker than the rest of the team. Havent been in the gym in years. I am the heaviest though. My brother and I are the tallest aswell. With that in mind i want to hit the gym atleast 2wice a week, filling the rest of the week with cardio and core excercises.

My one problem is slow recovery. Anyone know how i can reduce muscle pain after lifting weights?

What kind of pain we talking about? If its the dull pain and general stiffness generally a sign of either you haven't been lifting in ages or improper warmup/cooldown.

If its the former itll will pass after a week or two of working out.

If its the later ensure you are warming up your muscles prior to workout. Once warm do some light, NON-Static stretching and you should be good (NON static being key, static stretches too strong and will lead to injury in the long term). Once workout done ensure you stretch properly afterwards(static stretches, ensure you stretch to the point you feel tightness and hold the stretch until the muscle relaxes, if all you do is stretch for 5-10 seconds without the muscle relaxing you are only straining the muscle)

If its sharp pain definitely see a physiotherapist. End of the day its all about being in tune with and listening to your body.

How are you warming up and how are you cooling down?

also Personal Goals for end of year.
Do 50 Pushups in one go/continuusly (currently at 27) (enventual goal to hit 100)
Do 1 unassisted pull up (currently at 8 assisted)(eventual goal to hit 10, then 100)

This post has been edited by LinearPhilosopher: 29 August 2017 - 02:03 PM

#569 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:01 PM

View PostLinearPhilosopher, on 29 August 2017 - 01:54 PM, said:

Do 1 unassisted pull up (currently at 8 assisted)(eventual goal to hit 10, then 100)

Be very careful with this, that kind of volume WILL screw with your elbows/tendons (source - have done over 100 a day on occasion, still regularly do 50 a day) - i recommend breaking down to a number of sets, no more than 10 reps at a time, spaced out through the day (i have a pull up bar in my house so that's easy to for me)

#570 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:21 PM

For most people, 100 straight pull-ups is useless. That's professional climbing athletes level body use.

I also think of that specific level of workload as a light person thing. Heavy people (fat or muscle) who don't use that in their activities outside the gym probably don't want to even do that. I'm thinking of the wide arm ones, bc the little baby biceps one is just stupid.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#571 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:30 PM

View Postamphibian, on 29 August 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

For most people, 100 straight pull-ups is useless. That's professional climbing athletes level body use.

I also think of that specific level of workload as a light person thing. Heavy people (fat or muscle) who don't use that in their activities outside the gym probably don't want to even do that. I'm thinking of the wide arm ones, bc the little baby biceps one is just stupid.

yeah, i usually do my pull ups weighted.

Having said that, one of the most impressive physical feats i've ever seen is Terry Hollands (World's Strongest Man competitor) doing strict pull ups at bodyweight of about 180kg...... :(

#572 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:17 AM

More like i'm attracted to the number. Whether or not thats attainable is a different story. But until i get to the point i can do a single unassisted pull up no point in giving it that much thought.

But if you're saying thats not a healthy goal, then i can always reconsider. Also little baby biceps one is called a chin-up

#573 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:57 AM

I can't weightlift just now. I have an injury to the right trapezius which is still healing. Stationary recumbent bike it is :<
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#574 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:06 PM

View PostLinearPhilosopher, on 30 August 2017 - 04:17 AM, said:

More like i'm attracted to the number. Whether or not thats attainable is a different story. But until i get to the point i can do a single unassisted pull up no point in giving it that much thought.

But if you're saying thats not a healthy goal, then i can always reconsider. Also little baby biceps one is called a chin-up

Go get that number if it drives you.

I think there's a scene in Shalimar the Clown by Salman Rushdie in which Shalimar does 400 to show off to a bunch of people. He was a circus performer and acrobat tho.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#575 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:40 PM

View Postamphibian, on 30 August 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

Go get that number if it drives you.

I think there's a scene in Shalimar the Clown by Salman Rushdie in which Shalimar does 400 to show off to a bunch of people. He was a circus performer and acrobat tho.

^ that made me google the world records out of interest. some DAMN impressive feats on there. Suffice to say, 400 is a work of fiction (unless he was allowed to dismount, which isn't allowed for the world record attempts)

#576 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 04 February 2018 - 05:28 PM

So anyone else going for any new fitness targets this year?

I decided to binge on calisthenics and am aiming for a stupidly high number of pushups/dips/pullups through the course of the year.

May also grade in my martial arts too, since i haven't bothered for a few years.

Also looking to finally break that 1.75*BW bench (been stuck around 1.5 for a while now)

#577 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 February 2018 - 05:49 PM

I meant to post some kind of update in here after New Years.

I've lost 16 kilos since November 30th. Need to lose another 14 kilos or something like that.

I've been doing a 2 split program the last 4-5 months but as of February first I'm switching to a funnier 3 split body building program. A whole day dedicated to arms is something to cherish.

My goal isn't really to get big currently though, since I am on strong calorie deficit. 6 days a week I go down to the gym and spend an hour in the evening on an exercise machine. I'm burning around 750-1000 calories a night just on the machine. It makes me feel like shit but it's working.

#578 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:01 PM

Having spent an inordinate amount of time on those fitness machines lately I've discovered one thing about these users. When people use the various ellipticals, stair-masters and similar fitness machines: A lot of people don't respect the urinal rules!

Even if all the machines are free I'll have people walk right up next to my machine and begin their workout. Have these people no honor? No sense of boundaries? Are they intentionally trying to weird me out?

Any normal person would surely move away from the other. Even at peak hours people should try to keep at least one machine empty between one another if possible. Like a decent civilized human being.

This post has been edited by Alternative Goose: 05 February 2018 - 01:02 PM

#579 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:38 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 05 February 2018 - 01:01 PM, said:

Having spent an inordinate amount of time on those fitness machines lately I've discovered one thing about these users. When people use the various ellipticals, stair-masters and similar fitness machines: A lot of people don't respect the urinal rules!

Even if all the machines are free I'll have people walk right up next to my machine and begin their workout. Have these people no honor? No sense of boundaries? Are they intentionally trying to weird me out?

Any normal person would surely move away from the other. Even at peak hours people should try to keep at least one machine empty between one another if possible. Like a decent civilized human being.

Agreed.

Even worse when the person who chooses to go next to you smells like they haven't washed their gym kit (or themselves) for a week or two.

Happened to me a couple months back, i literally had to turn my head for the duration of my jog as it was that overpowering... if i faced forward or (even worse) in his direction it got noticeably worse.

#580 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:42 PM

The worst is the people who bring a phone but no headphones. So they just switch on their speakers and run while their crappy radio is blaring out across the room.

They always do it when I'm well into my program, so I don't want to stop and walk across the room and tell them to go to hell. At least I can turn up my own music but it's just the rudeness of it.

Seriously, what is up with these animals who blast music in gyms and on public transportation? Is this what our civilization has come to?

Share this topic:

• 35 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users