Malazan Empire: Has anyone noticed a distinct lack of drama on the forum? - Malazan Empire

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Has anyone noticed a distinct lack of drama on the forum? Where have all the flamewars gone?

#21 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:53 AM

Because everyone who was worth arguing with either got banned or stopped coming on the forums years ago......

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#22 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:24 PM

You know, I think Apt that people just don't want to argue with themselves. I mean, really this site is run by only a few people with a lot of alts. Posted Image
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#23 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:28 PM

I agree.

Also, I think it is a matter of everyone having been on the forum for years and thus any new feuds would cause division and/or everyone is too new and it wouldn't help our image with prospective members if we started attacking newbies.

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#24 User is offline   Luzburg 

• Master Exploder
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:39 PM

This is a forum? Outrageous!

I believe that this is a goverment run research facility with the sole purpose of disproving the saying: Familiarity breeds contempt.

I think it failed. I'm only a random interloper and I can't stand staying here for more than a week at a time!

(I didn't sleep last night)

#25 User is offline   majomull 

• Gallowglass

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:42 PM

View PostNyapt Cat, on 16 August 2011 - 06:13 AM, said:

Maybe it's a system of the moderation. Maybe the forum has changed. I'm not sure, but I've noticed that there's not really a lot of drama or angry members holding grudges with each other lately. Not enough members posting offensive or controversial statements. Is it just that everyone that does not conform to our hivemind has been eliminated or what is going on here?

I miss all the anger and grudges. It was so entertaining.

Since I am new hear I will limit my vitriol to the following: I hate everyones shoes. Especially that guy over there.
Glittering Stone

#26 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:46 PM

View Postmajomull, on 16 August 2011 - 12:42 PM, said:

Since I am new hear I will limit my vitriol to the following: I hate everyones shoes. Especially that guy over there.

FOOT FETISHIST! - kill the kinky freak!
meh. Link was dead :(

#27 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:48 PM

View Postmajomull, on 16 August 2011 - 12:42 PM, said:

Maybe it's a system of the moderation. Maybe the forum has changed. I'm not sure, but I've noticed that there's not really a lot of drama or angry members holding grudges with each other lately. Not enough members posting offensive or controversial statements. Is it just that everyone that does not conform to our hivemind has been eliminated or what is going on here?

Best first post. EVER.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#28 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:17 PM

Fucking uppity people.

This means you.

Yeah you.

:p

This post has been edited by King Kazma: 16 August 2011 - 01:17 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#29 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:58 PM

I asked Cougar why he wasn't yelling at me and picking fights with me anymore a bit back and here was his response, and I think that Nyapt Cat is free and clear to start a couple new topics as listed below:

fuck off you yank twat.

How's that?

Sorry I'm finding everyone rather well behaved at the moment. Plus I'm witing and PhD so I miss a lot. I guess the answer would be to steel yourself, pull out some big dumb opinions and start a thread that you know will get out of hand. Say:

"The USA is Way Better at Genocide than the British or the Nazi's Ever Were: I for one love killing towel heads"

"Why are the Japanese So Perverted?" (one for Shin)

or

"Anyone Who Didn't Vote for Obama is Racist - discuss"

"I'm Sick of Women Moaning about Rape?: we all know they love it really" (special one for Mezla and Terez)

and

"Do Pictures of Disabled Children Make Anyone Else Horny?" maybe do a poll on that one.

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#30 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:28 PM

Every once in a while one of the retarded old members makes some half witted statement like this. If you don't like it fuck off and cry on your own you dickless bastard. Honestly I'd rather have a quiet sensible set of posters than your scattergun idiocy clogging up the place.
I AM A TWAT

#31 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:44 PM

Well, of course you'd say that, it would mean you actually have to get off your lazy ass and do some actual moderation and not just pop in once in a while to insult random people with your general presence, you arrogant prick.

(EDIT: Added some swear words for emphasis)

This post has been edited by Nyapt Cat: 16 August 2011 - 04:02 PM

#32 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:49 PM

And it begins!
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#33 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:01 PM

Isn't that lovely? This reminds me of a thread someone made a year or two wgo about there being not enough hate in the forums anymore, just that it was funny back then. Sure, Apt, everyone should go back to being bastards so that we can represent the official fan forum of SE in an appropriate way.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#34 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:09 PM

Yeah because if there's one thing that detracts from a forum its controversy.

As you may have noticed I posted this in he Inn since the thread is made mostly in jest. But are you honestly going to say that you prefer peace and quiet over angry people throwing insults at each other over a keyboard?

#35 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:10 PM

Also some of us just got tired of the DB seeing how it never seems to go anywhere. Less activity there means less antagonizing which means less grudges.

Still the DB even now has the standard crap, just less volume. I'm so tired of left vs. right crap as it is and I wanted all of you dead when you guys de-railed the space thread to turn it into a fox news debate. *Finishes filling mag and loads gun*
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#36 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:27 PM

I for one don't really miss the mudslinging, apart from the mafia group, that is, in particular the dibs-Morghy love we had, and that was merely due to unbearable erotic tension between them.
In fact, I want to be nice and gentle and peaceful and if you don't like it, I'll happily, gently and peacefully cut of your balls to give you really something to moan about.

Happy now?
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#37 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:28 PM

View PostRobin Goodfellow, on 16 August 2011 - 04:01 PM, said:

Isn't that lovely? This reminds me of a thread someone made a year or two wgo about there being not enough hate in the forums anymore, just that it was funny back then.

Also, this.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#38 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:31 PM

I sometimes miss those halcyon days of 'size 7 colour red bold YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT GO CHOKE DOWN A SHOTGUN BARREL AND LIFT YOUR COUNTRY'S AVERAGE IQ TO A POSITIVE NUMBER YOU CHUCKLEFUCK close tags suffer migraine' posts, as they were pretty effective at conveying your point. Also back then we had people who time had shown to be reprehensible shitbags and all their opinions were worthless so you didn't even have to read their disgusting ejaculations tainting your forum experience. Now it's a whole new ball game.

This post has been edited by Illuyankas: 16 August 2011 - 04:32 PM

Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#39 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:07 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 16 August 2011 - 04:31 PM, said:

I sometimes miss those halcyon days of 'size 7 colour red bold YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT GO CHOKE DOWN A SHOTGUN BARREL AND LIFT YOUR COUNTRY'S AVERAGE IQ TO A POSITIVE NUMBER YOU CHUCKLEFUCK close tags suffer migraine' posts, as they were pretty effective at conveying your point. Also back then we had people who time had shown to be reprehensible shitbags and all their opinions were worthless so you didn't even have to read their disgusting ejaculations tainting your forum experience. Now it's a whole new ball game.

I would assume it was being unintentionally circumcised that made you such an angry young fowl, but I remember your preposterously rage-filled rantings were even before we could legally call you 'broke-dick'.

PS - I'm still correct about your Malaz Character Rankings in every way, and you are wrong, chickenboy!

Also, whatever happened to the wheelchairs of war vs the abyssial smarmy? Perhaps that is why there is less violence, hate, and fortitude upon said forums?

Perhaps Rodeo could start up the Shinning Enigma account once more, and we could go group-troll the goodkind thread? Someone find Assail?

#40 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:53 PM

When Drenai left, the forum suffered an irreplaceable loss of incoherently fake-violent lunacy.

There was a slight kerfluffle between King Kazma and me a while back, which was primarily over whether or not Lost's last season crapped the bed. Thankfully that is over and we have made peace, as well as found much common ground in other books and movies.

I will say that I have written several very grumpy/slightly attacking posts over scattered things here and there, and then decided not to actually post them because they weren't worth taking a stand over. The most recent one was probably a Dolorous Menhir post that cheesed me off with its casual dismissal of something that reeked of ignorance to me. I don't remember what it was about, just who it was by...
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users