Malazan Empire: Borderlands Series! - Malazan Empire

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Borderlands Series! All of the gun looting goodness...

#421 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 April 2020 - 05:50 PM

This just announced. I'm not going to elaborate. We are in the third decade of the 21st century, you guys should be able to find the info if you are intrigued enough. I will say I'm sort of 'meh' about it. Seems more like a PR stunt than anything else, but it's supposed to be for a good cause. It could be an opportunistic play by Gearbox to capitalize upon the current climate. It's free, so no foul no harm I suppose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'll try it out eventually. (still have to play Guns, Love & Tentacles expansion, have it downloaded, but haven't started yet)

Posted Image

#422 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 May 2020 - 07:54 PM

For you Borderlands fanboys who are laser focused on Borderlands and only Borderlands, and don't venture into any other discussion topic or threads. Don't ever say I haven't done you a solid.Posted Image

https://forum.malaza...ost__p__1404224

#423 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 21 October 2020 - 07:53 PM

Finally getting back to having time to play this. Any of you who’ve played them, are any of the dlc’s worth it?
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#424 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 October 2020 - 10:47 PM

Yes, you absolutely should play them. I don't think you have been tainted by more modern loot shooters (e.g. Destiny or the The Division) and so are not let down by Borderlands antiquated systems to manage your loot. It can be tedious at times, I grant that.

If you liked the overall game play mechanics of BL3, none of that has changed. As far as the story for each DLC, I think they are head and shoulders above the Calypso Twins (Tyreen/Troy) story in the core BL3 game. That story, and deservedly so, caught a lot of criticism. The DLCs are so much better. And personally, I think the shorter length is a huge plus. I was only slightly let down by the final DLC - Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck. I had played through Borderlands 2 again in prep for BL3 and played through using Krieg, so I grew very fond of that vault hunter. I felt the Krieg DLC for BL3 just didn't quite get me to the Krieg understanding I wanted. Instead... well, I won't spoil it. It was fun, and it definitely brings out Krieg's glorious insane nature, but it didn't answer some questions I think many players have about Krieg's back story.

Anyway, the DLCs released in this order:

- Moxxi's Heist of the Handsome Jackpot.
- Guns, Love, and Tentacles
- Bounty of Blood
- Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck

GL&T is my favorite, followed by Moxxie's Heist, then Bounty and finally Krieg Fustercluck.

Another thing to be addressed - BL3 got criticized for having humor sensibilities from a decade ago. It's Borderlands, they aren't going to try and be appealing to a woke Wendy 2020 mindset. So if you are expecting that to have changed in the DLC, it hasn't. There are still funny moments that are sort of cringey, and others that will make you laugh with nostalgic appreciation that they stick to their guns and aint trying to appease anxiety closet, emotional support pet fragiles.

I suggest as you play through the DLC you don't turn on the mayhem system. Enjoy the story without all the 'mayhem' the mayhem system adds. Also, the Halloween event is live. I suggest not turning that on if you want to enjoy each DLC story, otherwise you'll be having to shoot ghost skulls, and those aren't really applicable unless you want to have a go at the Heck Hole and Captain Haunt.

Finally I want to provide one of my criticisms. I'm not a fan with how they have made legendaries pretty much a regular drop now. It used to be that you had to farm them (and there still is that) but now there is so much loot that is legendary class that drops because of Mayhem effects that it has taken the "oh fuck yeah!" factor out of those moments from BL1 and BL2 when you would see that sweet orange legendary color. To wit, make sure you have maxed out your backpack and bank size.

Have fun, let me know what you think if you decide to play the DLC offerings.

P.S. Is it obvious I'm a Borderlands fan boi? ;p

FIND LIEBERMAN! LIEBERMAN KNOWS!

#425 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 January 2021 - 04:45 PM

In case any of you vault hunters never venture into the movie thread - click to be disappointed > https://forum.malaza...ost__p__1427108

#426 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 27 January 2021 - 09:00 PM

Dear lord. I saw that.

I mean, Kevin Hart obviously can play Stoic soldier flawlessly.

Maybe Danny Devito can play Brick.

Actually, I do want that.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#427 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 27 January 2021 - 09:09 PM

Kevin Heart is better suited to play the dwarf Gunzerker.

#428 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 28 January 2021 - 12:56 PM

View PostAptorian, on 27 January 2021 - 09:09 PM, said:

Kevin Heart is better suited to play the dwarf Gunzerker.

TIME TO COMPENSATE
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#429 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 February 2021 - 09:25 PM

Claptrap voice actor has been cast for the movie: https://forum.malaza...ost__p__1428196

I can see Jack Black as one of the angry midget psychos or maybe gunzerker Salvador, ummm, but voice of Claptrap? Can't hear it.

#430 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 February 2021 - 11:17 PM

Jamie Lee Curtis is slated to play Patricia Tannis. I think she should do well in that role! :)
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#431 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 February 2021 - 02:46 AM

View PostBlend, on 11 February 2021 - 11:17 PM, said:

Jamie Lee Curtis is slated to play Patricia Tannis. I think she should do well in that role! :)

A better fit, yeah, then the other recent cast announcements. I personally see Kristen Wiig in the role of Patricia Tannis, but JLC is head shoulders better casting than Kevin Hart as Roland.

#432 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 June 2021 - 03:52 PM

Posted to the E3 2021 thread: https://forum.malaza...ost__p__1437225

#433 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 June 2021 - 08:39 PM

Calling all vault hunters!

So Tiny Tina's Wonderland had more info dropped @ the SGF 10-june-2021.

Looks like it is a continuation / spinoff of the DLC from Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep. Not a lot was revealed but there are some notable voice actors attached to the game and you'll be able to customize your character. It sorta was teased that it might be quite different from Borderlands. I'm guessing most of that kind messaging has intention behind it to keep you wanting more. Anyway, due to the voice actors ,and that this is tied to the Tiny TIna DLC from BL2, this has me excited. Early 2022 is the release date (probably will be delayed though I'm guessing).

#434 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 September 2021 - 08:56 PM

Sweet! Tiny Tina's Wonderlands trailer from the PlayStation Showcase.

Check out Mr. Torgue @ around 1:33 with the lute. I really hope we get more of Mr. Torgue in this.... he has been forgotten it seems... wrrrarraaawrbleeedeedaleereeedlyblaaawr!

[EDIT] Oh yeah, March 25, 2022! WRRRARRAAAWRBLEEEDEEDALEEREEEDLYBLAAAWR! Posted Image

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 09 September 2021 - 08:58 PM

#435 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 14 September 2021 - 11:39 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 09 September 2021 - 08:56 PM, said:

Sweet! Tiny Tina's Wonderlands trailer from the PlayStation Showcase.

Check out Mr. Torgue @ around 1:33 with the lute. I really hope we get more of Mr. Torgue in this.... he has been forgotten it seems... wrrrarraaawrbleeedeedaleereeedlyblaaawr!

[EDIT] Oh yeah, March 25, 2022! WRRRARRAAAWRBLEEEDEEDALEEREEEDLYBLAAAWR! Posted Image

WHAT SORT OF F*CKING MANIAC WOULD WANT MISTER F*CKING TORGUE BACK

ONE WHO LIKES LOTS OF F*CKING EXPLOSIONS THAT'S WHO

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#436 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 September 2021 - 08:04 PM

Adds a new dimension to the "lute shooter" genre.

I want to see how the spell casting works. Will it be part of your action skill only? Or will you be able to use spell casting as a regular part of combat? Possibly augmenting your guns with different elemental capabilities. Or extend your melee abilities (like force push or freeze, stuff like that).

Also, crossbows!

#437 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 September 2021 - 07:41 PM

Not sure how I feel about this: https://www.forbes.c...acter-creation/

On the one hand, creating your own character makes sense because it takes place in a D&D campaign type foundation, but I've always enjoyed the Vault Hunters that have made the Borderlands series so enjoyable. Borderlands 3 sort of dropped the quality in the Vault Hunters you could select though. Hopefully they don't screw up this new approach.

#438 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 December 2021 - 03:05 AM

Trailer from Game Awards.

"This isn't a blessing, it's a blasting!"

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic