• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Karsa? Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Shadovvthrone 

• Master of Doom
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:20 PM

Is there any recent news about the Toblakai trilogy? Seems like Steve is taking things slow looking at his recent output. Is he still planning on doing them? I need my Karsa fix man! Closure would also be nice.

Also why is the "Forthcoming Malazan Novels" forum empty while listing 10 topics for the Toblakai trilogy. Is it a bug or are they blocked because there's nothing to discuss yet? This has been bugging me for years.

#22 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:50 PM

He's doing the Kharkanas trilogy first.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 12 July 2016 - 03:50 PM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#23 User is offline   NefaraisBredd 

• Fist

Posted 17 July 2016 - 01:03 AM

View Postcgw, on 10 January 2016 - 09:34 PM, said:

I just finished TCG. My one big complaint - I don't even know what wasn't "wrapped up" but for sure Karsa wasn't. He was a major character and he had a paragraph or two in the end. Now what. His character is one I was looking forward to for the last couple books. I was expecting him to play a much more significant role.

SE has a tendency to leave questions unanswered and characters mysterious. Thats why we enjoy him so much-he leaves just enough to the readers imagination in just the right spots in characters, story arcs, etc. That being said, he did complete the one main story in such a way as to leave me breathless and tears rolling down my cheeks. Not surprising to see that ST&Cotillion were there at the end to finish the job. He bad to leave some room for ICE to continue the story and for Karsa, as many here have pointed out. Karsa still needs to destroy the civilized world and i have little doubt that he will succeed. However, i doubt it will be anything as prosaic as him marching across Wu to destroy every city. He will unleash the wildness or primal force of some sort to seek balance for the natural world. I have a crazy theory: Hood is no longer the lord of death and stated that each god should look after their own. I think Karsa may end up like Hood was eons ago where he was moved by compassion/rage of such magnitude that he did something about it. I think Karsa will become the new God of the Dead. That is where he will redress the balance.

#24 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:19 AM

View PostNefaraisBredd, on 17 July 2016 - 01:03 AM, said:

I just finished TCG. My one big complaint - I don't even know what wasn't "wrapped up" but for sure Karsa wasn't. He was a major character and he had a paragraph or two in the end. Now what. His character is one I was looking forward to for the last couple books. I was expecting him to play a much more significant role.

SE has a tendency to leave questions unanswered and characters mysterious. Thats why we enjoy him so much-he leaves just enough to the readers imagination in just the right spots in characters, story arcs, etc. That being said, he did complete the one main story in such a way as to leave me breathless and tears rolling down my cheeks. Not surprising to see that ST&Cotillion were there at the end to finish the job. He bad to leave some room for ICE to continue the story and for Karsa, as many here have pointed out. Karsa still needs to destroy the civilized world and i have little doubt that he will succeed. However, i doubt it will be anything as prosaic as him marching across Wu to destroy every city. He will unleash the wildness or primal force of some sort to seek balance for the natural world. I have a crazy theory: Hood is no longer the lord of death and stated that each god should look after their own. I think Karsa may end up like Hood was eons ago where he was moved by compassion/rage of such magnitude that he did something about it. I think Karsa will become the new God of the Dead. That is where he will redress the balance.

But the Bridgeburners are already the new Gods of the Dead.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#25 User is offline   Embrasure of Folly 

• Omtose Redact

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:51 AM

View PostKanese S, on 21 July 2016 - 10:19 AM, said:

View PostNefaraisBredd, on 17 July 2016 - 01:03 AM, said:

But the Bridgeburners are already the new Gods of the Dead.

Either way, I'm looking forward to, above anything else, Karsa's conversations with Gothos.

Ascendant Toblakai intent on the end of civilization meets the Elder Jaghut who already destroyed his.

Hnnng.jpg

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users