• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A few questions regarding Silchas Ruin and Trull

#1 User is offline   EBBefar 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:06 AM

Hi.

I, like many others it seems, have just a few questions for you all. First of, who was that woman who kept holding Silchas Ruin back, when he was in the Azath burrow? Are we told in Midnight Tides? If so, I missed it.

My other question is acutally about the prologue from House of Chains, when Trull is Shorned. Who is leading the shorning? He speaks of them as brothers, but having read Midnight Tides, I have a hard time picturing either of his actual brothers fitting in to the character described in HoC. Are we ever told?

Best regards, EBBefar.

#2 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:26 AM

1) Sheltata Lore,whom Sukul Ankadu and Menadore imprisoned in the same Azath with Silchas. It's when Udinaas has a vision and they are chatting with Osric. She was holding him because that family is seriously messed up and she was doing it just of spite.

You get an answer in TBH but the leader of them is without doubt Rhulad.
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#3 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:29 AM

Which family isn't messed up in MBotF?

This post has been edited by Cyphon: 12 July 2011 - 08:30 AM

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#4 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:30 AM

Rhulad, aye, and it's pretty clear once you read MT, really. Did you just ask questions before finishing the book? It's a terrible idea with these series.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#5 User is offline   EBBefar 

• Recruit

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:11 AM

View PostGothos, on 12 July 2011 - 08:30 AM, said:

Rhulad, aye, and it's pretty clear once you read MT, really. Did you just ask questions before finishing the book? It's a terrible idea with these series.

No, I just finished it. It still isn't clear to me at all, but I'll take your word for it. Thanks for the answer (both of you).

#6 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:35 PM

To be fair, the HoC prologue IS a bit vague, especially because the word 'brother' is thrown around pretty loosely.

But as of the end of MT, Rhulad is referring to his sidekicks Theradas and Midik and co, as his 'brothers'. By the time of the shorning, Fear is already gone and it seems pretty clear Binadas wasn't there.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#7 User is offline   EBBefar 

• Recruit

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:30 PM

View PostAbyss, on 12 July 2011 - 01:35 PM, said:

To be fair, the HoC prologue IS a bit vague, especially because the word 'brother' is thrown around pretty loosely.

But as of the end of MT, Rhulad is referring to his sidekicks Theradas and Midik and co, as his 'brothers'. By the time of the shorning, Fear is already gone and it seems pretty clear Binadas wasn't there.

I just re-re-read it and I admit, Rhulad is the obvious conclusion. Especially by way of exclusion. I think what threw me off, was the language of the dialogue - there is no "royal we", there is no madness, only spite. I totally get his motivation, though.

EDIT: By the way, can we really say for sure that Binadas wasn't one of the "brothers"? Other than the fact that he was leaning towards Team Hannan Mosag, it is hard to determine his disposition. Granted, he isn't the obvious conclussion, and I guess this is all just speculation.

This post has been edited by EBBefar: 12 July 2011 - 03:36 PM

#8 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:40 PM

View PostEBBefar, on 12 July 2011 - 03:30 PM, said:

...can we really say for sure that Binadas wasn't one of the "brothers"? Other than the fact that he was leaning towards Team Hannan Mosag, it is hard to determine his disposition. Granted, he isn't the obvious conclussion, and I guess this is all just speculation.

As of the end of MT, no, we can't say for certain.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#9 User is offline   Feather 

• Recruit

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

Okay i may have missed something in here but i agree with Abyss in that the word 'Kin' is also used. I'm still not sure how the quoting thing works but there is a paragraph:
They were his brothers, after all. Kin. Faces he had known all his life, faces he had seen smile, laugh and a times filled with a grief that had mirrored his own.

Mostly likely how Trull ends up be shorn is explained in RG, which i have not yet read.
First in. Last out.

#10 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:59 PM

Its isnt really covered in RG tbh. The language is vage but you have to assume by Kin he may mean of the Hiroth tribe.

#11 User is offline   BlackMoranthofDoom 

• Fist
  • Interests:gaming, watching movies, listening to metal

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:07 PM

You guys make a good point, i originally thought it refered to his blood brothers but its likely Rhulad was the only one involved with the other being kin. However I think its also possible that Rhulad wasn't present either and that all memebrs present could simply be Tiste Edur "brothers", since Rhulad was pretty much locked up in the Letheras palace.He may have simply ordered them to exile Trull.

#12 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:18 PM

View PostBlackMoranthofDoom, on 20 October 2011 - 03:07 PM, said:

You guys make a good point, i originally thought it refered to his blood brothers but its likely Rhulad was the only one involved with the other being kin. However I think its also possible that Rhulad wasn't present either and that all memebrs present could simply be Tiste Edur "brothers", since Rhulad was pretty much locked up in the Letheras palace.He may have simply ordered them to exile Trull.

No Rhulad is definitely there. If you read it again they comment about how he spoke out against Rhulad and then Rhulad tries to share out the blame claiming he betrayed them all. I had forgotten about this but there is a small amount of information in TBH explaining who was there.

However Rhulad being there was a certainty.

#13 User is offline   Ben Delat 

• Sergeant

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:52 PM

There is also the hint about at least some of the "brothers" who were there in TBH during the lead up to the whole first throne/trull/edur/icarium/everyone else. Its in the details there.

This post has been edited by Ben Delat: 30 November 2011 - 05:52 PM

#14 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:58 PM

Broseph, TBH is a later book than MT, so that's some nasty spoilers.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#15 User is offline   Sapper JHall 

• Recruit

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:12 AM

They explicitly state in a later book that it is Rhulad. I forget where or when but I def remember reading it.

#16 User is offline   Supernova 

• Recruit

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

Who are the others though? I'm pretty sure Theradas was killed by Mael at the end of MT and I can't remember what happened to Midik. I suppose they could just be random Hiroth warriors due to rhulad calling everyone brothers.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users