• Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:59 PM

and i completely forgot to post my ending reaction to Id invaded

#4482 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 06 May 2020 - 06:36 PM

Kakushigoto is (so far) the best anime series since Shirobako. Change my mind.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4483 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• [MAXIMUM DISGRUNTLEMENT]
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 14 May 2020 - 11:47 AM

View PostD, on 06 May 2020 - 06:36 PM, said:

Kakushigoto is (so far) the best anime series since Shirobako. Change my mind.

No! If I do that you might find our I'm a dirty manga artist!
Facebook - www.facebook[dotcom]/MaarkAbbottWriting / Twitter - @MAbbottWriting / I'm on Goodreads somewhere as well

XBL - Shoryukos / Steam - Angryμaark / PSN - AngryMaark

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#4484 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Sith Beatdowns

Posted 14 May 2020 - 12:20 PM

Here I am watching INU YASHA 20 years after it was released for the first time...because it's on Netflix and I've never seen it.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

#4485 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 14 May 2020 - 01:45 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 14 May 2020 - 12:20 PM, said:

Here I am watching INU YASHA 20 years after it was released for the first time...because it's on Netflix and I've never seen it.

It's only 150+ episodes, perfect for a nice short quarantine binge-watch :p

If you end up really liking it, there's apparently a "next generation" sequel in the works.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4486 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi

Posted 14 May 2020 - 02:19 PM

View PostD, on 14 May 2020 - 01:45 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 14 May 2020 - 12:20 PM, said:

It's only 150+ episodes, perfect for a nice short quarantine binge-watch :p

If you end up really liking it, there's apparently a "next generation" sequel in the works.

yeah, that was part of my reasons for getting into it, that it's short. It's much less daunting than stuff like Bleach.

At three episodes in I can tell I'll enjoy it already.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

#4487 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi

Posted 25 May 2020 - 01:45 PM

Let me preface this news with this:

Attached File  OMG.jpeg (6.49K)
Number of downloads: 0

I screamed out loud in my condo when I saw this.

I don't know if it's going to be coming to any other counties (UK, USA ect.), but ONE PIECE is coming to Netflix on June 12th!

I. Am. MFin. SO. EXCITED!

I can't recall where I last left off in the story (somewhere I THINK between Skypeia and Water 7?), but it was only due to the Funimation app/service being an absolute dumpster fire and not worth the subscription, and not because I was bored by the show. So I'm beyond excited to finally be able to get back into it with a service that I can use and functions well. That said, it's only the first 130 eps so far, but it's a start and I can re-watch from the beginning which I wanted to do anyways.

Anyways, I HOPE this is coming to other shores Netflix too.

EDIT: Okay, so it's The US, Canada, New Zealand, Australia. Boom!

EDIT 2: I hope it's also the Dub AND the Sub audio, as I much prefer watching in Japanese, but I would be okay with the dub if that's the only option.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 25 May 2020 - 01:50 PM

#4488 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 28 May 2020 - 02:29 PM

Doesn't Netflix usually make their own new subtitles/dub when they take over projects like that?

#4489 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi

Posted 28 May 2020 - 02:33 PM

View PostD, on 28 May 2020 - 02:29 PM, said:

Doesn't Netflix usually make their own new subtitles/dub when they take over projects like that?

All the original Netflix series that are foreign language have Dubs and Subs for the most part, so I expect this to be the same...but with a show that already has a dedicated Subtitle track, I don't see why Netflix would redo it.

And hey, at least it's not as bad as the stuff on Disney + getting a "Close Captioning" subtitle track on a tonne of stuff, so half of it is wrongly heard by the algorithm.

#4490 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 28 May 2020 - 07:46 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 28 May 2020 - 02:33 PM, said:

but with a show that already has a dedicated Subtitle track, I don't see why Netflix would redo it.

Tell that to Evangelion

#4491 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi

Posted 28 May 2020 - 08:06 PM

View PostD, on 28 May 2020 - 07:46 PM, said:

but with a show that already has a dedicated Subtitle track, I don't see why Netflix would redo it.

Tell that to Evangelion

Wait, I haven't watched Eva on Netflix...did they ACTUALLY redo the subtitle track?

Why?

#4492 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 29 May 2020 - 07:28 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 28 May 2020 - 08:06 PM, said:

Tell that to Evangelion

Wait, I haven't watched Eva on Netflix...did they ACTUALLY redo the subtitle track?

Why?

Oh not just the subtitle track. They rewrote the subtitles AND redubbed it (in multiple languages). And, for whatever reason, they wouldn't re-license Fly Me to the Moon so the ED music is different and any of the times it plays within an episode the soundtrack is changed.

#4493 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi

Posted 29 May 2020 - 07:33 PM

View PostD, on 29 May 2020 - 07:28 PM, said:

Tell that to Evangelion

Why?

Oh not just the subtitle track. They rewrote the subtitles AND redubbed it (in multiple languages). And, for whatever reason, they wouldn't re-license Fly Me to the Moon so the ED music is different and any of the times it plays within an episode the soundtrack is changed.

Hmmm. I wonder if it's because ADV went belly up a number of years ago (2009), so it was a red tape thing since they were the ones who did the dub and subs for the Western release?

#4494 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 29 May 2020 - 08:00 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 29 May 2020 - 07:33 PM, said:

Tell that to Evangelion

Why?

Hmmm. I wonder if it's because ADV went belly up a number of years ago (2009), so it was a red tape thing since they were the ones who did the dub and subs for the Western release?

Hard to say. Netflix releases also notoriously rarely translate signage and often have timing issues. They don't seem to have a lot of passion for it.

#4495 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight

Posted 29 May 2020 - 09:14 PM

So since i was bored on Netflix i took the new GiTS spin off for a spin.

I don't know why they would go for full CGI... not a fan of it but by CGI standards its not awful.

It has good action sequences, though im curious about the plot in terms of... ok we got our big set action pieces out of the way... heres an interesting plot line. Will it actually pan out? or will it be just another in a long line of Gits projects that fall flat.

#4496 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 29 May 2020 - 10:52 PM

View PostLinearPhilosopher, on 29 May 2020 - 09:14 PM, said:

I don't know why they would go for full CGI... not a fan of it but by CGI standards its not awful.

It has good action sequences, though im curious about the plot in terms of... ok we got our big set action pieces out of the way... heres an interesting plot line. Will it actually pan out? or will it be just another in a long line of Gits projects that fall flat.

I heard the bad guy is a naked breakdancing Steve Jobs robot?

#4497 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi

Posted 09 June 2020 - 02:36 PM

I know this isn't a thread for Manga...but I am in a pickle. I'm currently fighting myself REALLY hard to not buy the East Blue Baroque Works Box Set for ONE PIECE manga (Vol. 1 to Vol. 23) as I found it for $150 CDN and compared to everywhere else I've seen it that's a pretty big steal (by about $50 or so savings, about $6.50 per volume)...but then I know I'm going to be in for the other boxed sets as they come out (and there are 3 out so far) if I do that'd that's a commitment I'm not afraid to read, but it's a monetary commitment.

So I need to be either talked INTO hitting Buy, or talked out of it.

I've always heard that the Manga for OP is superior to the show, and contains no filler ect. Which is why I want to read it form the start...but man, I'm waffling on whether to do it.

HALP!

Nevermind, problem solved. Viz's official site and app are $3 per month to read nearly ALL their manga digitally including the entirety of OP up to current. I'm going to do that.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 09 June 2020 - 06:21 PM

#4498 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 09 June 2020 - 06:58 PM

Have you guys tried Dorohedoro out on Netflix? it was surprisingly good. Got into the manga because I couldn't wait for a second season and it is pure fire. Almost Hunterx Hunter levels of badass with WEIRD twists and turns.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#4499 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight

Posted 09 June 2020 - 07:57 PM

View PostD, on 29 May 2020 - 10:52 PM, said:

View PostLinearPhilosopher, on 29 May 2020 - 09:14 PM, said:

I heard the bad guy is a naked breakdancing Steve Jobs robot?

we dont know who the bad guy is... or even if there is a "bad guy"...

Now there was a steve jobs type who turns out could breakdance to dodge bullets somehow... but its not clear how, and he ended up taking a bullet to the head so we won't know more until we get season 2 where the plot progresses.

All we know is that there are these people who randomly turn "Post Human" where their personality changes, they become super hackers and can move like no one else. personally i like how we now have a legitimate mystery and this isn't just a pure action romp like Arise.

This post has been edited by LinearPhilosopher: 09 June 2020 - 07:58 PM

#4500 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi

Posted 12 June 2020 - 10:15 AM

View PostD, on 29 May 2020 - 08:00 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 29 May 2020 - 07:33 PM, said:

Tell that to Evangelion

Why?

Hard to say. Netflix releases also notoriously rarely translate signage and often have timing issues. They don't seem to have a lot of passion for it.

Just checked, its there in original Japanese with subtitles as default, and you can switch it to English which is the Funimation dub. So that’s good, the didn’t change it.

Share this topic:

• 226 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users