• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The game I'm playing is...

#3361 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:42 AM

I seem to have stumbled back into Persona 5. I can't remember exactly why I stopped playing it first time around, about 40 hours into it. It wasn't the game's fault, because I was loving it. I think it was because it came along in the middle of the period where I was playing Witcher 3, and it was that which kept dragging me away from it.

Anyway, I've started from scratch, because it's nearly two years since I last played it, and I'd forgotten what an amazing game it is. Totally into it already. Which doesn't mean I've abandoned Dragon Quest XI, which I'm currently 60 hours into.

#3362 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:25 AM

I've got Persona 5 and Final Fantasy 15 lined Up but theyre such huge undertakings that I hesitate to start them during the Feb-april launch window.

#3363 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:42 AM

I don't think there's anything coming up that's on my 'to buy' radar, so I hope I'll be okay in that regard.

#3364 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:04 AM

So right after I pick up the collar, Crimson heads start spawning. Joy.

I'll need to replay this situation again, making sure to torch the bodies in the narrow hallways this time. Also, practice those shotgun headshot.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#3365 User is offline   pathos 

• Captain
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:17 AM

Trying to get through my second playthrough of Nier Automata (Apparently all I do is hack things now?) but took a break to finally play Braid (It was rather fun).
You never have the same problem twice when you set it on fire

#3366 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:33 AM

View PostMentalist, on 07 February 2019 - 06:04 AM, said:

I'll need to replay this situation again, making sure to torch the bodies in the narrow hallways this time. Also, practice those shotgun headshot.

If you can headshot a zombie when it's in the base form, it won't respawn. The only zombies that can come back as Heads are the ones whose bodies linger. Best tactic for shotgun headshot is to wait aiming upwards for the Head to try and grab or slash, and just as they start the attack, pull the trigger.

Also you won't have enough Kerosene to torch every corpse. On Hard I think the amount you can obtain is halved or something.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#3367 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 08 February 2019 - 05:25 AM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 07 February 2019 - 08:33 AM, said:

If you can headshot a zombie when it's in the base form, it won't respawn. The only zombies that can come back as Heads are the ones whose bodies linger. Best tactic for shotgun headshot is to wait aiming upwards for the Head to try and grab or slash, and just as they start the attack, pull the trigger.

Also you won't have enough Kerosene to torch every corpse. On Hard I think the amount you can obtain is halved or something.

With the current kerosene spots I'm aware of, I can torch about 12 corpses.

Starting to make progress on some of the puzzles. I found the first mask. Also, getting the hang of pistol headshots, as I got a decent amount of pistol ammo now.

I saw the tentacles at some point, but I decided not to mess with those for now.

Also, I discovered the "run" key. It made things somewhat easier, and I was able to save people.
The atmosphere sure is creepy.

#3368 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:20 AM

View PostMentalist, on 08 February 2019 - 05:25 AM, said:

Starting to make progress on some of the puzzles. I found the first mask. Also, getting the hang of pistol headshots, as I got a decent amount of pistol ammo now.

I saw the tentacles at some point, but I decided not to mess with those for now.

Also, I discovered the "run" key. It made things somewhat easier, and I was able to save people.

Yeesh, no wonder you kept dying - a lot of the movement is based on running past zombies or other enemies.

Also, you're not as far along as I thought if you're collecting the masks. Have you been into the attic yet?

#3369 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 08 February 2019 - 12:32 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 08 February 2019 - 07:20 AM, said:

Yeesh, no wonder you kept dying - a lot of the movement is based on running past zombies or other enemies.

Also, you're not as far along as I thought if you're collecting the masks. Have you been into the attic yet?

Nope, I think I need the 3rd key for that, and I'm still messing around with the 2nd.

I think I saw where the 3rd key is, but I haven't figured out how to get it yet (no need to tell me, I'm fine with taking my time to brain this out)

Also, I've been playing for less than 10 hours, and doing a lot of re-loads, b/c I'm trying to both be economical with bullets, and also not spend too many ribbons, so I save sparsely, and so if I get killed in a new area I may need to reload and replay like 20 min at a time.

So yeah, I'm probably still in the early-sh stages.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 08 February 2019 - 12:33 PM

#3370 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 08 February 2019 - 01:37 PM

View PostMentalist, on 08 February 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

Nope, I think I need the 3rd key for that, and I'm still messing around with the 2nd.

I think I saw where the 3rd key is, but I haven't figured out how to get it yet (no need to tell me, I'm fine with taking my time to brain this out)

Also, I've been playing for less than 10 hours, and doing a lot of re-loads, b/c I'm trying to both be economical with bullets, and also not spend too many ribbons, so I save sparsely, and so if I get killed in a new area I may need to reload and replay like 20 min at a time.

I'm fancying another run at it sometime from this. Been a few years.

Zero is worth a play as well if you can get it, but be warned that Zero is MUCH harder.

#3371 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 08 February 2019 - 05:55 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 08 February 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 08 February 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

I'm fancying another run at it sometime from this. Been a few years.

Zero is worth a play as well if you can get it, but be warned that Zero is MUCH harder.

I think zero is on Steam? Not sure though

#3372 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 08 February 2019 - 10:50 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 05 February 2019 - 08:57 AM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 05 February 2019 - 02:00 AM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 04 February 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 03 February 2019 - 08:29 AM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 02 February 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 30 January 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 30 January 2019 - 07:37 AM, said:

Playing as Chris on Hard are we?

Yessir. At least, I think it's "Hard".

EDIT: starting to make progress? kinda. I found a storage box, so now I'm less worried about all the crap I've been picking up, since I got somewhere to store it.

Now, I just need to find that oil supply.... and hopefully some bullets, b/c Chris has terrible, terrible aim.

Chris is hardmode anyway, but on Hard he's full on masochism. At least Jill gets the lockpick and grenade launcher.

lockpick? where'd be the fun in that?

Ooh, a shotgun!

I got fuel canteens. Now I just gotta figure out how to set zombies on fire....

Also, I opened all the sword doors. now I just need to figure out where I can find the next key... I suppose that'll be the helmet.

RE burning them - you should be able to get some lighter fuel somewhere. I can't remember where it is though. I feel like it's in the main mansion.

I can't quite remember which key is next but I think you're off outside for a bit. Hope you like tentacles...

No, I got the fuel canteen and I found several kerosene jugs to refil it from.... I'm just not sure how to actually use it.

Anyhow, I found a clue and now I need a collar... and to make sure I get to that encounter with some bullets. I wish I could find more shotgun shells....

Ah, well, to use the canteen you need to make sure the lighter is working. From memory, Jill has to find some fuel for the lighter but I don't recall if Chris would.

To use it, stand next to a zombie corpse and use the fuel canteen, then use the lighter.

In terms of the collar, there's a particular door you need to take (won't say where unless you really want to know). Have an explore, don't forget to use your map.

They actually simplified this in the Remaster. When standing next to a corpse, you "use" the fuel canteen and the animation of setting the corpse on fire plays (unless it's a Crimson head, who gets up and proceeds to try to eat your face)

Edit: I learned what happens when I collect all the masks. Now I need to get back to that point but with more bullets.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 09 February 2019 - 08:22 AM

#3373 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 09 February 2019 - 05:45 PM

That particular CH is tougher than the others jsyk.

#3374 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 09 February 2019 - 06:41 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 09 February 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

That particular CH is tougher than the others jsyk.

That is less than encouraging news

EDIT: yes, 0 is on Steam. Wishlisted.

EDITAGAIN: eh, he was all right.

Did the Courtyard, Residence, and I think I'm basically done with the Mansion. Except for the basement, ofc.

so far the most frightening thing were the small snakes. I don't like snakes. Yawn was okay, b/c it's a boss (and Magnum hurts it good). But the tiny snakes.... uuuuggghhh..

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 10 February 2019 - 08:25 AM

#3375 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:13 AM

Ah the basement. Fun and games that bit.

#3376 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:57 AM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 11 February 2019 - 08:13 AM, said:

Ah the basement. Fun and games that bit.

Once you have the Magnum, everything is fun and games.

Except the Tyrant. He's no fun.

Apparently "Hard" was really just "normal".... So I guess I should play as Jill now?

My total play time was just over 10 hours, but it took me 24 hours in-game time, according to Steam. Though obviously the second run will probably be shorter since I know where stuff is now.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 12 February 2019 - 04:59 AM

#3377 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:24 AM

Jill is easier on the whole, she has easy access to good guns and a lockpick, and generally is able to do more than Chris. The trade is that she's a lot squishier than Chris, is slower and doesn't shoot quite as well.

#3378 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 12 February 2019 - 06:03 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 12 February 2019 - 08:24 AM, said:

Jill is easier on the whole, she has easy access to good guns and a lockpick, and generally is able to do more than Chris. The trade is that she's a lot squishier than Chris, is slower and doesn't shoot quite as well.

How much squishier? Chris can take like 4 hits before death.

Also, I finished the Chris run with like 90+ bullets for the pistol. So the game's not that imbalanced.

#3379 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:21 AM

Figured I needed to play something radically different.
Booted up Max Payne. My savefile is gone, so started from scratch. murdering tons of mobsters without a cover system is just pure catharsis.

At least until Metro Exodus preloads

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 13 February 2019 - 03:19 PM

#3380 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 15 February 2019 - 01:19 AM

Pre-loading Metro Exodus on Steam.

Handy feature, since our so-so connection means it's currently saying it'll take 15 hours to download.

Share this topic:

• 238 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users