• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The game I'm playing is...

#141 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:11 AM

Been playing God of War 3 this weekend. God damn is this a violent game. This game trumps all the story and violence in the first two games by miles. It's one of those games where it is okay to call it Epic.

#142 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:24 AM

Just wait til you encounter
Spoiler

Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#143 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:14 AM

View PostAdjutant Stormy, on 10 August 2011 - 11:40 PM, said:

View PostRhand, on 09 August 2011 - 12:23 PM, said:

Started Europa Universalis III up again. Will try to resist the addictiveness of it this time so I won't spend 10 hours every day for weeks in a row playing the Grand Campaign. So far I've managed to limit myself to 7 hours a day, great succes!

I finally got all the expansions and crap installed and updated. I love this game to death.

I've started giving myself metagame goals, although a few of my campaigns got INSANELY HARD, as I'd run into someone (usually either beefy-venice or beefy-ottomans) with PREPOSTEROUSLY high tech levels compared to me.

My proudest moment in EU3 was when I converted all religious cities to Orthodox Christianity with Ethiopia. Cavalry, sacking my own provinces to max out attrition and some ridiculous warrior kings finally managed to take out the Egyptian main army (after 3 previous wars that I had all lost). With the rich provinces of Egypt i could bunker down and westernize.

Man, I loved that game.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#144 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:32 PM

Dragon Age 2 again - Playing a male mage for a change.

I'm addicted to Bioware.

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#145 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:56 PM

Dusted Alpha Protocol off. Y'know, there is actually nothing really bad to be said about the game at all apart from that ridiculous russian boss. and I can't really remember why I thought it sucked big hairy donkey balls on my first playthrough. Maybe because I already had lowered my expectations this time, or perhaps because I expected total 100% awesomeness when I bought it...
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#146 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:54 PM

Fiance is playing Zelda Ocarina of Time on the N64, it's such a good game.

Whilst she is playing that I've been playing Etrian's Oddysee on the DS
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#147 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:29 PM

View PostTapper, on 15 August 2011 - 12:56 PM, said:

Dusted Alpha Protocol off. Y'know, there is actually nothing really bad to be said about the game at all apart from that ridiculous russian boss. and I can't really remember why I thought it sucked big hairy donkey balls on my first playthrough. Maybe because I already had lowered my expectations this time, or perhaps because I expected total 100% awesomeness when I bought it...

Brayko is actually quite easy. all you have to do is
Spoiler

overall, the game was pretty amazing. although on hard, as you play on, the minigames get to be simply impossible. my latest playthrough (4th, I think) choked in my third city because of that. which is a shame, since I was finally able to
Spoiler
this time.

I think i'll do another playthrough on normal soon.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#148 User is offline   Matador 

• The Doctor
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Loki baiting - The sport of kings and madmen.

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:06 AM

Deus Ex: HR

It's been talking up every bit of free time I have. It's times like these that I love being engaged to a gamer girl - she's letting me have full control of the tv ^_^

#149 User is offline   Rhand 

• Lord of the Morning

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:22 AM

Football Manager 2011

#150 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:05 AM

Still on Dwarf Fortress, the little time I've got to play anyways. Man this game is brilliant.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#151 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:50 AM

View PostRhand, on 01 September 2011 - 06:22 AM, said:

Football Manager 2011

Yeah, me too. Don't think I'll get the 20 years at one club award, sadly, before 2012 is released ^_^

#152 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:51 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 01 September 2011 - 10:05 AM, said:

Still on Dwarf Fortress, the little time I've got to play anyways. Man this game is brilliant.

I tried, but I'm too dumb to get it kicked off. Some better, clearer graphics and slightly better controls than all the little dots and crosses and short keys with no accessible glossary would help me, cause the potential is amazing.

#153 User is offline   Rhand 

• Lord of the Morning

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:24 AM

View PostTapper, on 01 September 2011 - 10:50 AM, said:

View PostRhand, on 01 September 2011 - 06:22 AM, said:

Football Manager 2011

Yeah, me too. Don't think I'll get the 20 years at one club award, sadly, before 2012 is released ^_^

Me neither, I'm only in 2013! But as I'm quitting real life and going back to college next month, I'm reasonably sure I'll get that achievement with FM 12!

#154 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:55 PM

I just dusted off Mass Effect 2 last week. I had finished it on Veteran with a Paragon Soldier when it first came out. Now I'm trying it as a Renegade Adept on Hardcore. Damn is the learning curve step stepping up to Hardcore. I almost quit on Horizon. After I beat the Praetorian and could respec my abilities the game moved a lot easier (Heavy Warp and Singularity). Now I'm just finishing up Loyalty missions before going for the Reaper IFF.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#155 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:45 PM

You should've gone straight to Insanity tbh! It really forces you to learn how the game works and ability synergy. Also, if you're going to do Insanity, may I recommend not picking Vanguard? Unless you can make the Shockwave Vanguard work, else you'll be shredded if you want to abuse charge and shotguns.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#156 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:09 PM

Posted Image

Xenoblade. I haven't so much as touched a book in the couple of weeks that I've had this game. That hasn't happened to me in at least 5 years.

This post has been edited by End of Disc One: 02 September 2011 - 02:31 PM

#157 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:51 PM

Final Fantasy XII.

Not because it's good, but because my computer is broken and I already ran through all my Zelda replays.

HOLY SHIT VAAN IS THE MOST ANNOYING CHARACTER THAT HAS EVER BEEN WRITTEN.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#158 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:42 PM

View PostGothos, on 01 September 2011 - 01:45 PM, said:

You should've gone straight to Insanity tbh! It really forces you to learn how the game works and ability synergy. Also, if you're going to do Insanity, may I recommend not picking Vanguard? Unless you can make the Shockwave Vanguard work, else you'll be shredded if you want to abuse charge and shotguns.

Insanity won't be for a while. I'll probably play another game or two at hardcore to try out some of the other classes, then take my favorite to Insanity.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#159 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:45 PM

The main difference is that while on Hardcore most enemies have some sort of defense - shields, armor or barriers - in Insanity they all have something. All in all, it wasn't that hard - certainly not as hard as, say, the Golems of Amgarrak DA:O DLC on max difficulty.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#160 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:24 PM

View PostGothos, on 02 September 2011 - 12:45 PM, said:

The main difference is that while on Hardcore most enemies have some sort of defense - shields, armor or barriers - in Insanity they all have something. All in all, it wasn't that hard - certainly not as hard as, say, the Golems of Amgarrak DA:O DLC on max difficulty.

Hmmm . . . maybe I'll give it a shot with my next character. I was debating between the Infiltrator and the Vanguard, since you caution against the Vanguard I'll probably go with an infiltrator. I'm definitely going to miss Singularity when I'm done with my Adept.

Share this topic:

• 238 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users