Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

This and NoK

#1 User is offline   Hallow 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:59 PM

I just got back from the bookstore where to my dismay they didnt have NoK. Now I've ordered it from Amazon but its going to be a few days before it gets here at the least. Should I just continue the main series and start on Toll the Hounds or can I start reading ROTGC before reading NoK without anything being really confusing or spoilerish?

Thanks.

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:24 PM

You can read RCG without NoK. It doesn't really lean on the first book in any way, since it was simply meant to show some of the details surrounding the shadow moon and Dassems fall at Y'ghatan.

There are going to be a couple of characters that might need a small introduction.

Kiska was a young Malaz City girl who wanted to be a claw and during NoK somehow managed to get in under the wing of Tayschren. 15 years later she is one of his body guards.

Temper was one of the defenders in "The Sword" a group of elite soldiers that served as the First Swords guard and accompanied Dassem into battle. He's pretty fucking awesome, but why he is so awesome is not really touched upon in RCG.

Ferule was another member of Dassems Sword. I wont touch too much upon him. For reasons you will learn in RCG.

Possum was among the Claws that helped Laseen "assassinate" Kelanved and Dancer, he is ruthless but clever.

I think that is about it. The rest of the cast in RCG are either already known from Eriksons work or new characters.

This post has been edited by Battle Plaptypus: 23 April 2011 - 02:25 PM

#3 User is offline   Crow Clan Baby 

• Lieutenant

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:30 PM

Crimson Guard before Toll otherwise there are Great Big Hairy Feckin' Spoilers Of Doom And You Will Regret It.

#4 User is offline   Hallow 

• Recruit

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:22 PM

Cool thanks guys :D Gonna start reading Crimson Guard tonight then :D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users