Malazan Empire: Interview with ICE - includes tentative upcoming titles - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Interview with ICE - includes tentative upcoming titles

#1 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:20 PM

Just found this: http://elitistbookre...-esslemont.html

#2 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:47 PM

A nice interview! Not particularly a fan of City in the Jungle as a title -- hopefully he'll be persuaded to change it.

'Early Empire' novellas sound interesting, I think. Plus, he reads Banks -- I would encourage people to read his books too!
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#3 User is offline   ffunky 

• The Great Gazoo
  • Interests:reading, technology, filling out forum profile information.

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:47 PM

Great find! Thanks for sharing!
All comments and notations by the above contributor are not necessarily endorsed or approved by the above contributor, and should the above contributor wish to argue with himself, the above contributor shall be bludgeoned by the above contributor with.... a herring.

#4 User is offline   Steve Halter 

• Mage

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:26 PM

Yes, the early empire novellas would be really interesting. As would what happens to ST & Cot afterward.

#5 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:51 PM

What will be really interesting is to see how he deals with Kruppe, since that'll be the first character that both authors will have written extensively :)
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#6 User is offline   ansible 

• Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:20 PM

Yeah, good read. Always interesting to hear about their writing process.
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#7 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:32 PM

Great read - great find, EoDO. Thanks for sharing.

My instinctual initial thought was to sort of wonder if it's advisable for him (or SE for that matter) to still be leading interviews with the statement that Malaz is different from anything on the "groaning fantasy shelves" because it defies the archetypes and cliches. I mean there's no denying it does these things, and was something of a pioneer in doing so, but to me it feels like the last 5-7 years has seen a real explosion of the whole gritty, anti-trope fantasy - Bakker, Abercrombie, etc etc.

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#8 User is offline   ShadowRaven 

• Lieutenant

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:38 AM

Good reading, and some interesting information too, looks like we finally get to see Ardata.

#9 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:58 PM

View PostJade Hog, on 11 March 2011 - 09:47 PM, said:

A nice interview! Not particularly a fan of City in the Jungle as a title -- hopefully he'll be persuaded to change it.

'Early Empire' novellas sound interesting, I think. Plus, he reads Banks -- I would encourage people to read his books too!

No my initial reaction was that City in the jungle was worse than OST. However the last one simply being called 'Assail' sounds pretty good.

If hes completed the book now when can we expect it. Also why dont the publishers just publish it as soon as hes finished (proof read as well ofcoruse)?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users