Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Sixth Unbound Imass? Of the Seven of the Dead Fires Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Reverend Zombie 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:30 AM

Karsa destroys one of the Seven Unbound Imass in House of Chains. I can't remember reading whether another one is destroyed in any of the subsequent books--does another of them "die", and if so, in which book?

#2 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:00 AM

'Siballe gets done in by Karsa in HoC, and Emroth gets the sapper treatment from Hedge in RG.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#3 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:25 AM

in RG emroth gets cusser'd by hedge
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#4 User is offline   Reverend Zombie 

• Recruit

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:16 PM

Many thanks! It was driving me nuts.

#5 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:07 PM

I admit I had trouble placing Emroth as an Unbound off the top of my head, as I'm pretty sure she's called Imroth before RG.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#6 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:03 PM

It's pretty vague what happens to them between HoC and RG...because Trull and Onrack are helping the two TI chase after them in HoC, and then find themselves eventually guarding the throne instead. Yet we don't hear from the renegades' point of view after that, and then all of a sudden in BH there's five waiting outside of Barathol's village and the sixth one doesn't get any mention till RG. I mean we can suss out their motivations for splitting on our own, but only after the fact since we get no real scenes with them outside of when they meet other characters. Unless I'm totally forgetting a crucial scene at the end of HoC where they manage to dodge Trull and co. a final time.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#7 User is offline   Tatterdemalion 

• I sneeze warrens.
  • Interests:Fantasy, cartography, creativity, finding a readership before I'm cast aside by history, roti.
  • Currently working on my Imbalance series.
    Web: joelminty.com
    Twitter: @JoelMinty

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:09 AM

Just to clarify, Hedge's sapper treatment...

This is the Crippled God-following T'lan he walks with for a while in the weird realm (Hood's? Emurhlan?) while he's wandering, and then after conversation decides they're on different sides and tosses a cusser onto her head, correct? After seeing the frozen throne? Just wanted to specify that.

Side question: finished DoD reread this morning. Is the frozen figure on the frozen throne at the end of DoD into whom Hood is reborn and the ice Jaghut's with their merry sense of humour stand around - is he the figure Hedge sees in RG with 'Emorth'? Made that possible connection this morning.
Author of Purge of Ashes.
Sayer of "And Nature shall not abide."

#8 User is offline   snake0026 

• Sergeant

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:34 AM

View PostTatterdemalion, on 20 March 2011 - 05:09 AM, said:

Just to clarify, Hedge's sapper treatment...

This is the Crippled God-following T'lan he walks with for a while in the weird realm (Hood's? Emurhlan?) while he's wandering, and then after conversation decides they're on different sides and tosses a cusser onto her head, correct? After seeing the frozen throne? Just wanted to specify that.

One of the Unbound, Emroth/Imroth if I recall correctly, and the realm is Verdith'anath, the Jaghut underworld, though I don't recall exactly whether Hedge cussered her before or after seeing the throne.

View PostTatterdemalion, on 20 March 2011 - 05:09 AM, said:

Side question: finished DoD reread this morning. Is the frozen figure on the frozen throne at the end of DoD into whom Hood is reborn and the ice Jaghut's with their merry sense of humour stand around - is he the figure Hedge sees in RG with 'Emorth'? Made that possible connection this morning.

Yes, the one and the same.

This post has been edited by snake0026: 20 March 2011 - 05:35 AM

"But I saw you [Snake]…faced by Anomander [Mandy] himself. How did…"
"I escape? Well, I dazzled him with fancy words, edging ever closer, then used my ninja skills to strike like a cobra, knocking the sword [Spamnipur] away and drop-kicking him over the side before tumbling backwards, slaying another Piss'd Andii on the way."
Silence. Lots of silence. "Fine!" He shrugged and grinned, "Someone hit him in the face with a coin, and he cursed just long enough for me to get away." ~ Excerpt from Gardens of the Tea Spoon

#9 User is offline   Whiskey Bass 

• Grand High Cook of High House Bass(e)
  • "Dont gain the world and lose your sole, wisdom is better than silver and gold"

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:02 PM

i've been thinking on the 7 unbound renegade T'lan.

am i right in thinking they where all Logros ?

and if Urugal the Broken is Tenag Ilbaie (Encyclopediamalazica) any inteligent guesses on the identities of the others?

also ive seen the Logros, Kron, Orshayn etc described as nations of the Imass when i originally thought they were tribes, so im thinking logros - Quan Tali, Kron Seven Cities, Orshayn Assail ?

any thoughts ?

This post has been edited by Wily Tuchuk: 30 October 2011 - 02:07 PM

#10 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:46 PM

View PostWily Tuchuk, on 30 October 2011 - 02:02 PM, said:

and if Urugal the Broken is Tenag Ilbaie (Encyclopediamalazica) any inteligent guesses on the identities of the others?

also ive seen the Logros, Kron, Orshayn etc described as nations of the Imass when i originally thought they were tribes, so im thinking logros - Quan Tali, Kron Seven Cities, Orshayn Assail ?

any thoughts ?

HoC more or less directly states the one bonecaster among the Seven was from Logros, but the only reason we got the Unbound's "real" name is because Onrack and Monok Ochem were listing off Logros Bonecasters. Since the other 6 Unbound are not Bonecasters, odds are we haven't heard their "real" names at any point (or if they cameo'd in a random other T'lan Imass' memory we have no way of making the connection).

The Logros, Orshayn, Kron, etc may have some ties to the Imass 'nations' (or whatever the closest equivalent was at the time) from before the Ritual, but there's a passage somewhere talking about how the leaders of the T'lan Imass armies were chosen at/in preparation for the Ritual of Tellan. There does seem to be a geographic component to it though, as the Logros were the only T'lan Imass army seen throughout the Malazan conquest of Quon Tali and 7C, the Kron seem to be the only Army active on Genabackis, the T'lan Imass in Lether, dormant or otherwise, were all Bentract, etc.

Tribe is definitely a separate thing though, as we've seen that each T'lan Imass army consists of numerous tribes and there is some important to it - each tribe has one Bonecaster and there are ties to being in the same tribe (ie it was said that if Raest ensnared a T'lan Imass he would be able to immediately ensnare that whole tribe, etc)

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#11 User is offline   Whiskey Bass 

• Grand High Cook of High House Bass(e)
  • "Dont gain the world and lose your sole, wisdom is better than silver and gold"

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:53 PM

View PostD, on 30 October 2011 - 03:46 PM, said:

View PostWily Tuchuk, on 30 October 2011 - 02:02 PM, said:

any thoughts ?

(ie it was said that if Raest ensnared a T'lan Imass he would be able to immediately ensnare that whole tribe, etc)

intresting .....i wonder if any of the Jaghut Tyrants ever managed this ?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users