Malazan Empire: Late fan of the series, looking to get them in hardback - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Late fan of the series, looking to get them in hardback Have trouble finding them all, have questions

#1 User is offline   grechzoo 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:22 PM

After only getting into the series around three or four years ago, I bought them all in used paperback versions, and as toll the hounds, dust of dreams, and now crippled god has come out I have got them in beautiful hardback, I love reading the hardback versions, especially when considering the length of the novels, and really want to try and collect them.

I saw Gardens of the Moon re-issued in hardback for a 10th anniversary, but I the Deadhouse Gates and memories of ice and so forth are nearly impossible to find, especially when trying to match art style (which the 10th anniversary does nicely with the newer UK art)

I'm guessing the 2nd, 3rd and 4th etc. Probably don’t even have HB versions that match the latest cover art, so I guess I'm just asking if anyone knows about any plans to continue the anniversary hardbacks, or was that simply a onetime thing to celebrate the series as a whole.

Hope there is a way, but if not I’ll live with it. Hope you guys can help :)

#2 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:03 PM

I'm pretty sure that DG and MoI never saw hardcover format in the Bantam editions.

The US Tor editions are all available in hardcover, though some of the earlier books are harder/more expensive to come by.

The surest way to get a complete set in hardcover is to get the book club editions through SFBC (as I've done) but that option is only available to US residents.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#3 User is offline   Orlion 

• Captain
  • Interests:Amontillado Tofu.

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:51 PM

I got many of my hardcover Tors from Amazon within the past couple of months. Abe books is also a good site to get books. Don't get fooled by the prices, I remember seeing someone trying to sell an unsigned Tor hardback Gardens of the Moon for $200 dollars at the WFC... which is absurd.

Oh, and I'm from the US... and I happened to get hardcover Deadhouse Gates and Memories of Ice for a dollar each :unsure:

This post has been edited by Orlion: 28 February 2011 - 11:59 PM

#4 User is offline   murphy72 

• Captain

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:34 AM

I just bought MoI from Amazon UK in hardcover. It has a library binding and was a bit more expensive, but not too much. I don't know what the cover will look like.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users