Malazan Empire: Mafia 101 - articles about the game - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Mafia 101 - articles about the game the worst idea I ever had.

#21 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

The Scum poster...

Attached File  How to identify scum.jpg (45.4K)
Number of downloads: 4
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#22 User is offline   ansible 

• Group: High House Mafia

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostLady Bliss, on 09 June 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

The Scum poster...

Attachment How to identify scum.jpg

Best post evar?
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#23 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

"So how should I prepare?
A good middle way is reading a few games, trying to understand why players say certain things. Even then, it will seem incomprehensible at times and you will not grasp why people get excited, why reasonable suggestions are ignored and outrageous claims taken at face value."

A thought on this after my very first game. Before the game i had started to read an SH thread but found it confusing, so stopped in favor of reading game threads. On day 2, I opened an old Shin game with the related spoiler heaven in another tab. It let me see the player posts, any comment that the player sent to the mod that the mod found interesting enough to post, and then the SH comments on the game. I think had I done that before the game, it would have been quite helpful.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#24 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:02 AM

View PostGnaw, on 27 September 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

"So how should I prepare?
A good middle way is reading a few games, trying to understand why players say certain things. Even then, it will seem incomprehensible at times and you will not grasp why people get excited, why reasonable suggestions are ignored and outrageous claims taken at face value."

A thought on this after my very first game. Before the game i had started to read an SH thread but found it confusing, so stopped in favor of reading game threads. On day 2, I opened an old Shin game with the related spoiler heaven in another tab. It let me see the player posts, any comment that the player sent to the mod that the mod found interesting enough to post, and then the SH comments on the game. I think had I done that before the game, it would have been quite helpful.

That helps, aye :p
I'll word the sentence differently (into "read a few games and the corresponding SHs at the same time") when I'm done with ToD revamping and have more time.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#25 User is offline   Lizradusa 

• A Flare Unholiest
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Could you include the general rules in the 101?
Posted Image 'Tired of Wasting Time, Let LizInc organize your lazyness!' - Obdigore Posted Image

#26 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:04 PM

Can we get a list of all official rules for the mafia games and have them indexed as such?. Im dead now and it wasn't a factor in the game we just played, but apparently mafia takes a break over the weekend and initiating a lynch at the start of a weekend can be "scummy" behavior.

Also are there minimum activity rules? if so how are they enforced?

Either that or a stickied thread with a title something like "MAFIA RULES" Read FIRST BEFORE JOINING

This post has been edited by BalrogLord: 07 July 2015 - 07:06 PM

#27 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:54 PM

View PostBalrogLord, on 07 July 2015 - 07:04 PM, said:

Can we get a list of all official rules for the mafia games and have them indexed as such?. Im dead now and it wasn't a factor in the game we just played, but apparently mafia takes a break over the weekend and initiating a lynch at the start of a weekend can be "scummy" behavior.

Either that or a stickied thread with a title something like "MAFIA RULES" Read FIRST BEFORE JOINING

There is a list of rules that is usually posted before each game. It is upto the person who is moderating the game to decide which if any rules are in place. The no posting on the weekend is not really a rule as such more a fact because of the amount of people have significantly less computer access during the weekend...kids...life..whatnot.. So there (once again) depending on the mod they can put forth weekend rules which are usually you can post and vote but the modkill counter is not in effect. Also there will be less if any updates during a weekend. So starting a lynch on a weekend is viewed something like attacking someone after they have stated on thread that they are going to bed...i.e they are less likely to defend themselves and thus it will be easier for you to get that player lynched. That being said lots of people do post a bit on the weekend because that is when they have time to take a look at the previous days posts and are able to sit down and build a case. If someone calls you scummy for doing that. Tell them that you have no life and the weekend is when you are best able to go through the thread to find connections between scum and why are they trying to deflect from xy or z. Or fuck off. Whichever you prefer.

Rules are only enforced by the person or persons moderating a game. For instance in the game that is currently being ran. One of the announced rules is that you can not reveal. That is a game specific rule in most games reveals and fake reveals are allowed.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#28 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:53 PM

View PostBalrogLord, on 07 July 2015 - 07:04 PM, said:

I've always wondered why there wasn't just a stickied post with the rules at the top of the page, so I've just went ahead and did it.

Those are the general rules that are in play for most games. Sometimes a moderator will change some of them, but that'll usually be explained at the beginning of the game!
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users