• You cannot reply to this topic

The Crazy Theories Thread

#21 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:52 PM

View Postsappers rule, on 13 February 2011 - 11:56 PM, said:

And at the end Hood gets what he always wanted a birthday cake

You mean a wife, like he asked paran for?

Im unsure if the tyrant will appear early in the books or be more of an endgame character like Raest in GOTM. There has to be a level of foreshadowing for the TTT trilogy (TTTT anyone?) and I think the Seguleh force thats linked to the Tyrant (somehow) will have to stop the TTT army.

That would make for some reading/fightscenes/wankbank material

#22 User is offline   POOPOO MCBUMFACE 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:13 PM

View Postskullky, on 21 February 2011 - 07:05 AM, said:

Hi Recruit Skullky here.

It is just me or does the title Orb, Sceptre, Throne remind anyone of the scene in the Gardens of the moon where Fiddler is playing a game with Hedge and Mallet using the Deck of Dragons when Lorn Shows up.

Several things had me interested.

Quote One:
'Wait a minute,' Hedge cried ramming down a card atop the Knight of Dark. 'You said the Captain of Light's rising, right?'
Fiddler concentrated on the pattern. 'He's right Mallet. We pay over two coppers each automatically. That Captain's already dancing on the Knight's shadow---'

(Do we know who the Captain of the Light is? And was there a significant meaning towards Rakes shadow? Shadowthrone? Dragnipur? Draconus? Draconus, Captain of the Light?

Just re-read this the other day, and I took it at slightly more face value; following his Rake conversation, I figured Paran was the Captain of Light. As we know, being temporarily represented by a card in the DoD doesn't necessarily mean you hold that position in the pantheon proper, and it makes sense combined with Paran's path towards ascension throughout GotM and MoI.

#23 User is offline   Roldom 

• Great Wizzard of High House Naughtiness

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

View PostPOOPOO MCBUMFACE, on 20 April 2011 - 04:13 PM, said:

Hi Recruit Skullky here.

It is just me or does the title Orb, Sceptre, Throne remind anyone of the scene in the Gardens of the moon where Fiddler is playing a game with Hedge and Mallet using the Deck of Dragons when Lorn Shows up.

Quote One:
'Wait a minute,' Hedge cried ramming down a card atop the Knight of Dark. 'You said the Captain of Light's rising, right?'
Fiddler concentrated on the pattern. 'He's right Mallet. We pay over two coppers each automatically. That Captain's already dancing on the Knight's shadow---'

(Do we know who the Captain of the Light is? And was there a significant meaning towards Rakes shadow? Shadowthrone? Dragnipur? Draconus? Draconus, Captain of the Light?

Just re-read this the other day, and I took it at slightly more face value; following his Rake conversation, I figured Paran was the Captain of Light. As we know, being temporarily represented by a card in the DoD doesn't necessarily mean you hold that position in the pantheon proper, and it makes sense combined with Paran's path towards ascension throughout GotM and MoI.

Could it not just be that paran was killed by shadowthrone and then met rake who squared off with shadowthrone? he was literally in rakes shadow
I did not like the catfish... - Karsa Orlong

The best detox is retox - drunken co-worker

#24 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

View PostRoldom, on 01 August 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

View PostPOOPOO MCBUMFACE, on 20 April 2011 - 04:13 PM, said:

Hi Recruit Skullky here.

Quote One:

Could it not just be that paran was killed by shadowthrone and then met rake who squared off with shadowthrone? he was literally in rakes shadow

Now I know that some times I fail to pay attention to little things. But didn't Sorry kill Paran so Collitian not SH. :D
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#25 User is offline   Roldom 

• Great Wizzard of High House Naughtiness

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

Good point but at this point in the series ST and Col were pretty much inseprable
I did not like the catfish... - Karsa Orlong

The best detox is retox - drunken co-worker

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users