• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dark Souls Sequel to Demon's Souls

#741 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:57 AM

IGN are running a series where they challenge a noob to beat the game before DS3 comes out.

Link for ep 1: http://uk.ign.com/vi...n-undead-asylum

9 eps out so far, it's actually really good and brings back some memories frustration if you've played the game!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#742 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Reading MBotF and Playing 360/PC

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:36 PM

View PostTraveller, on 29 March 2016 - 09:24 AM, said:

Gwyn is proving harder than I remember. Managed to parry him twice but I think I'll need at least four to beat him unless I think of another strategy. It was getting late and I was being impatient which never helps in a souls game.

First dozen times trying Gwyn got my ass kicked, so decided to use pyro. Bellowing Dragoncrest ring, dusk crown, power within, +5 ascended pyro flame and 1 full cast of fire tempest later I made Gwyn my bitch lol.

Now onto Ng+

Bk congrats on beating Capra, he is the one boss that has always given me hassle.
"The wise say that as vows are sworn, so are the reaped. I found this to be true"

Prince K'azz D'avore
Founder of the Crimson Guard

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#743 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:11 PM

View PostDeadHedge, on 29 March 2016 - 05:36 PM, said:

Gwyn is proving harder than I remember. Managed to parry him twice but I think I'll need at least four to beat him unless I think of another strategy. It was getting late and I was being impatient which never helps in a souls game.

First dozen times trying Gwyn got my ass kicked, so decided to use pyro. Bellowing Dragoncrest ring, dusk crown, power within, +5 ascended pyro flame and 1 full cast of fire tempest later I made Gwyn my bitch lol.

Now onto Ng+

Apart from fire tempest, I have all of the above. Did you kill the Black Knights? I've been running past them.

I'll try and have another bash later.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#744 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:43 PM

View PostTraveller, on 29 March 2016 - 07:11 PM, said:

View PostDeadHedge, on 29 March 2016 - 05:36 PM, said:

Now onto Ng+

Apart from fire tempest, I have all of the above. Did you kill the Black Knights? I've been running past them.

I'll try and have another bash later.

You can run past first 2 easy. The 3Rd you can backstab off the ledge (use a rapier or dagger if you can plus hornets ring for bonus damage) then the last 2 take 1 at a time.

For Gwyn if you have the above (except tempest) you should be able to hit him for over 1000 with great fireball alone. If you have firestorm, equip full havels (bar dusk crown) then run to rock on left, as soon as you get behind the rock start casting. Then just circle and fireball him when you can.

Started ng+ asylum demon was a piece of piss lol. Quite satisfying being able to drop the bosses you have trouble with t start.

Can't wait to wipe the smirk off Capra lol
"The wise say that as vows are sworn, so are the reaped. I found this to be true"

Prince K'azz D'avore

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#745 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:16 PM

I ended up running past all of them.

After collecting about 5 Black Knight swords lol.

Beat Gwyn using bellowing dragoncrest/fire orb, dusk crown, and my BSS. Had to dodge and roll a lot while he had a sliver of health remaining. Went light in the end as rolling way better than blocking.

Good to have another run through, what an excellent game. Def one of my favourites, maybe the best.

Wish there was a bit more of a rewarding ending after all that effort; but in a way ng+ draws you back in so quickly that you hardly notice. (And yes; Asylum demon didn't even see what hit it - I double handed the bss, cast power within, and dropped on his head. One more hit and he was dead!)

This post has been edited by Traveller: 29 March 2016 - 10:19 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#746 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:54 PM

Asylum Demon 2.0 is the one I hated. Tough fight, even when upgraded in NG+.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#747 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 30 March 2016 - 06:16 AM

View Postamphibian, on 29 March 2016 - 10:54 PM, said:

Asylum Demon 2.0 is the one I hated. Tough fight, even when upgraded in NG+.

Do you mean the Stray Demon when you return to the Asylum? He was always my biggest frustration. At least there's not a great run up just to get to him.

I kind of wish I hadn't finished Gwyn now. Last time I finished NG + I left the game just before I ended it as it at least you feel like you've 'finished.'

Going back to the start leaves an uncomfortable nagging sensation that all those bosses you killed are back, alive and kicking and just waiting to be put down again.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 30 March 2016 - 10:17 AM

#748 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 02 April 2016 - 05:05 PM

Dammit.

Back in again, killed Taurus by dropping on him, and opened up the lift to firelink. I should really stop and play something else.

Only 11 days until DS3.

#749 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist

Posted 02 April 2016 - 06:19 PM

View PostTraveller, on 02 April 2016 - 05:05 PM, said:

Dammit.

Back in again, killed Taurus by dropping on him, and opened up the lift to firelink. I should really stop and play something else.

Only 11 days until DS3.

You saw any Ds3 game play Traveller?

It looks a beautiful game. Game play looks smooth and good too.

Wish I had an Xbone so I could get it. Currently just have to settle to playing ds1 still lol

Prince K'azz D'avore

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#750 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:26 PM

View PostDeadHedge, on 02 April 2016 - 06:19 PM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 02 April 2016 - 05:05 PM, said:

Dammit.

Only 11 days until DS3.

You saw any Ds3 game play Traveller?

It looks a beautiful game. Game play looks smooth and good too.

Wish I had an Xbone so I could get it. Currently just have to settle to playing ds1 still lol

Trying to avoid spoilery stuff but it does look good - faster than DS1, but blocking still a big aspect, also faster estus consumption which might not be a good thing. Covenents are back, but Firelink is a hub again like the Nexus in Demons - we'll see how that works out. Have also read that so far to DS players at least, it's not proving to be that hard, but again we'll see. I'll be getting it on ps4, I think I'll avoid anything on it now until I've played it for a bit.

If it's like DS2 you'll be better off with DS1 tbh.

#751 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:35 AM

I never even look at it. Should I be worrying about something? I delete games I'm not playing anymore, never had a problem yet.

#752 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:00 PM

Had a peek at sone DS 3 reviews. Mostly good, different issues depending on reviewer but nothing to put me off. 'More of a greatest hits' than a new album' sounds ok to me.

Get back in there, BK! You're still playing what I think will remain the best in the series.

#753 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:51 AM

View PostBriar King, on 05 April 2016 - 01:46 AM, said:

So what is technically the next path I should do mushroom men, Crystal fuckers, or Depths?

You beat the Hydra and Moonlight Butterfly yet?

#754 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:00 AM

View PostBriar King, on 05 April 2016 - 01:56 AM, said:

Did butterfly right before my stop last week

Down into the Depths you go then. Use a long spear as at least your secondary weapon cuz there will be slow moving enemies you want to poke from a distance away.

#755 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:01 AM

I wish I had the gumption to tell you to go get every giant mushroom as a joke.

#756 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 05 April 2016 - 06:04 AM

Did you find the guy in the tower right after the bell gargoyles? If you've got the souIs I'd advise buying the cure for curses from him before you hit the depths - just in case. Its a lot easier getting to him when you have full health, than trying to find your way back out with your health bar cut in half. Or quartered..

Just don't fall down any holes.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 05 April 2016 - 06:09 AM

#757 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 05 April 2016 - 05:47 PM

You might be fine but my first playthrough I fell down into a room, got surrounded and cursed before I'd even worked out what was happening! And it makes things a little unfair, especially if you do it twice..

#758 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 06 April 2016 - 06:25 AM

Just have one as backup. You may not even need it if you're careful.

#759 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:52 AM

The curse comes into play with the largish lizard things that create a fog that curses you if you stay in it long enough. They tend to hang out in the lowest parts of the built-up parts of the sewers.

#760 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:55 PM

It is possible to see it, but really only once you know it's there! I'm a bit loathe to spoil it. I'll just hint that it's in an area of narrow passages with water running down drains, and a rat or two. There is a loop in the passage that avoids it completely.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 08 April 2016 - 09:56 PM

Share this topic:

• 57 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

13 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users