• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dark Souls Sequel to Demon's Souls

#601 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Reading MBotF and Playing 360/PC

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:34 PM

There are 3 bonfires that give you 10 as standard - Firelink, chaos witch and anor Londo.

I'd recommend kindling all bonfires though, especially the ones you can warp to later.
"The wise say that as vows are sworn, so are the reaped. I found this to be true"

Prince K'azz D'avore
Founder of the Crimson Guard

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#602 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 March 2016 - 11:28 AM

Well shit. DS3 does release on the 23rd of March, but only in Japan. The 12th of April everywhere else, which is rather frustrating.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#603 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:35 PM

Anor Londo.

Just past the archers. Yes,those ones.

Having said I love the level design, I do absolutely hate those turning stairwells.

Good going BK, stay out of the graveyard for now!
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#604 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 15 March 2016 - 02:13 AM

View PostBriar King, on 14 March 2016 - 11:07 PM, said:

Cocksucker! Just lost 2K+ Souls in Burg area left of bonfire.

Hmm I'm actually getting the feeling I got in BB where I get tired of running the same damn route killing same things etc. I can't make any progress going left before dying in that firebomb guy area. There's like 3 heavy armored things that kill me outside Residence house. Just getting tired now. I knew it would happen just hoped I could get further before it hit.

You want to walk onto the bridge and then sprint just as they throw so that you sprint fully into the room and bumrush one of the heavy armor types with a two hand strike. Get behind it if you can. I think you can hear them toss a bomb, not fully sure about this.

Once you two hand one of the heavy armors, the two remaining ones are easier to deal with. Get behind them if you can (strafe a bunch).

You also wanna be patient about attacking, wait until they attack and then while they are recovering, withdrawing their weapons, you hit 'em.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#605 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:33 AM

If you are in a rush, you can sprint past them if you open the door on the far side.

Be careful when exploring the nooks and crannies of the Undead Burg. Shield up is a good thing to get used to.

#606 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:40 AM

If you can get back to where you died and pick up the green shiny thing without dying, you'll pick up your souls and whatever humanity # you had. If you were human and you died, you stay a zombie even after you get your green bloodstain until you re-human yourself again.

To get humanity, you usually find them in the bodies of those you kill - particularly the rats. It'll be one of those shiny glowing orb things that signify there's an item.

If you manage to kill the bigass gladiator with the dragon tooth on his shoulder, there's a real big reward in it for you. It's hard to kill him straight up as you are now, so cheaping out and hitting him with 200 arrows from a distance is fine if you have the patience.

Buy the bottomless box for sure.

Taurus demon, think about climbing up to the tower and getting a big stab in. Then between the legs, run around, then back up the tower for more big stabs.

#607 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:41 AM

View PostBriar King, on 14 March 2016 - 11:07 PM, said:

Cocksucker! Just lost 2K+ Souls in Burg area left of bonfire.

Hmm I'm actually getting the feeling I got in BB where I get tired of running the same damn route killing same things etc. I can't make any progress going left before dying in that firebomb guy area. There's like 3 heavy armored things that kill me outside Residence house. Just getting tired now. I knew it would happen just hoped I could get further before it hit.

BK this is the run I mentioned earlier - it's entirely possible to run to the Taurus demon without engaging anyone, or getting hit. Run across the bridge.. dodge round to left and roll through the door before those guys drop down.. run up the stairs, right past bomb guys.. head down steps and weave through spear guys (ok those are tricky, I got stabbed a bunch most of the time but it is doable) and up the steps into the tower. Just let stamina bar recharge before you attempt each group.

It only takes a minute so if you die just try again.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 15 March 2016 - 06:42 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#608 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:51 AM

View PostBriar King, on 15 March 2016 - 05:26 AM, said:

View PostDeadHedge, on 13 March 2016 - 06:12 PM, said:

You have the unpatched version of DS bk so you will be having a harder time than most as the original release is more brutal.

If you can hook the xbox up to Internet I'd recommend patching.

Some non consumable items can only be got once per playthrough, the same with firekeeper souls, boss souls and any white items off corpses. However usable consumables like firebombs and humanity you can carry 99 of them on your person and have as many stacks of 99 in your bottomless box.

As for humanity as said above if you have 2 in the top left of the screen turn human and kindle the bonfires.

Ok so just to be 100% so I don't fuck up is I have to wait to wait till left num says 02 go to fire and shift item to humanity, hit use twice(finally found 2nd) and then hit kindle prompt?

I had 03 earlier up there with no idea what is was or how I got it there. Is it just from killing and time playing? It's on 00... I turned the game off so I guess it reset... I don't think I had died after I noticed it. I hate not knowing how to play this shit

there are 2 different types of humanity, these are generally reffered to as hard and liquid humanity.

Liquid humanity is the number in the top left of your screen. If you have anything there this is what you use to turn human/kindle. You can get this in 2 ways, 1) by usung a hard humanity (see below) or by killing a certain amount of humanoid baddies in an area where you have yet to defeat the boss. You can gauin a max of 10 humanity in this way and the Burg is a good place for an early farm if you have patience and want to increase your drop rate. You know if you have received a liquid humanity as there is a slightly different noise than the soul absorb noise and the souls absorb animation will have a deep black area in the centre.

You also get hard humanity which is an equipable humanity similar to your estus flasks, these are found on corpses, most commonly off of large rats (good farm for them) Hard humanity will heal you to full and then add to your 'liquid' humanity. It is recommended to try and keep these for emergencies. (there is also another version of hard humanities called twin Humanities and they give you 2 liquids in one use but are rare)

I hope that cleared that up.

You are near the dragon and I have been told the unpatched dragon is brutal as anything so if you can hook up to the internet and patch it id highly recommend.
"The wise say that as vows are sworn, so are the reaped. I found this to be true"

Prince K'azz D'avore

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#609 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:02 AM

He doesn't have to take on the dragon yet, to be fair.
I'm in Anor Londo now; I just ignored it after running past it once to get to the bonfire under it. And to kick that ladder down.

Anyhoo, lets wait n see what haopens with Taurus first!

This post has been edited by Traveller: 15 March 2016 - 10:09 AM

#610 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:03 PM

View PostTraveller, on 15 March 2016 - 10:02 AM, said:

He doesn't have to take on the dragon yet, to be fair.
I'm in Anor Londo now; I just ignored it after running past it once to get to the bonfire under it. And to kick that ladder down.

Anyhoo, lets wait n see what haopens with Taurus first!

I cant wait to hear how it went with Taurus too, but I know that the dragon was brutal in that it would get into an endless loop of spraying fire and not let you take that route through.

I'm more looking forward to BK's meeting with Capra that will be fun.

Prince K'azz D'avore

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#611 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:09 PM

If there's two up there, that's enough. Just sit at the bonfire and turn human. Then kindle the fire. That will use them both up.

#612 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 16 March 2016 - 04:09 AM

Hahaaaaa, you'll look back on the Taurus Demon with fondness soon enough.

#613 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 16 March 2016 - 06:36 AM

View PostBriar King, on 16 March 2016 - 05:10 AM, said:

The fucked part is that afterward did I keep going to other side of bridge.... Nope I ran back to that bonfire with my 9K souls so I could safely lvl up incase I had to slog through more enemies before next fire lol. I bet it's right there to....

Nope, you made the right decision. Good job with the Taurus!

btw have you found or bought any homeward bones? They scoot you back to your last bonfire, so if you find yourself miles away with a stack of souls you can warp back.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 16 March 2016 - 06:39 AM

#614 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:03 AM

The fucked part is that afterward did I keep going to other side of bridge.... Nope I ran back to that bonfire with my 9K souls so I could safely lvl up incase I had to slog through more enemies before next fire lol. I bet it's right there to....

As traveller said you made the right call, however if you continue up that way there is a shortcut to that bonfire but requires passing a dragon.

Prince K'azz D'avore

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#615 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:17 AM

View PostDeadHedge, on 16 March 2016 - 09:03 AM, said:

As traveller said you made the right call, however if you continue up that way there is a shortcut to that bonfire but requires passing a dragon.

I'm sure everyone gets cooked on their first attempt, too.

#616 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:28 AM

View PostTraveller, on 16 March 2016 - 09:17 AM, said:

View PostDeadHedge, on 16 March 2016 - 09:03 AM, said:

I'm sure everyone gets cooked on their first attempt, too.

First, second and third for me lol.

I now have the timing down though.

BK, my advice for Dragon if you have yet to do it is once you exit the door after Taurus, go right and speak with Solaire (he is awesome and can be summoned for some bosses if you are human). Once you have the soapstone from him run onto the bridge up to the first 'black spot' then double back, wait for the flames to die down and then run like your life depended upon it down the right hand side to a set of stairs. There is an opening here that leads to a ladder to give you a shortcut to the earlier bonfire.

If not already got buy a bow with around 60 arrows and then you can shoot off the dragons tail for the Drake Sword (if you are going for completionist) if not I will let you work out how to get past him to the next bonfire which is just under him.

A point of note is this is a good early farming area and you can get 555 souls by the dragon killing zombies for you, just reset at the bonfire and reap your reward.

Prince K'azz D'avore

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#617 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:59 PM

You eventually get less dependent on the lock on POV.

Also, kill that huge gladiator with the dragon's tooth. Cheap kill by plinking arrows at him is just fine, or whatever other method you can figure out. Huge reward for killing him.

#618 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:36 PM

How well they scale with the given stat. Or to say it another way, how much your damage will increase if you increase the given attribute.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#619 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:47 PM

S is even better but you won't find that just yet. I don't think, anyway.

Just made it to Ornstein and Smough. Accidentally did some damage to the onion knight while doing him a favour, and had to kill him. Oh well, at least I got a new ring.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 16 March 2016 - 10:50 PM

#620 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:44 AM

Re: Valley of the Drakes

The drakes are hard to kill in melee for you now. But they arenot difficult to avoid while you pick up loot.

The zombie dragon may kill you once or twice, but it's beatable now.

Share this topic:

• 57 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

19 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users