Malazan Empire: The Malazan Quotation Database - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Malazan Quotation Database Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ansible 

• Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:06 PM

Wasn't totally sure where to put this topic, but I think this forum works.

As of now this is just an idea that's been kicking around in my head for a few months. I've always been a bit of a quote junkie, but I often feel like that finding the quote you want can be pretty hard and time consuming. So, I thought a central, searchable repository for important quotes would make things a lot easier. I'm thinking I would try to get the application to work first and then port it to the web so that other users could add quotes at will and it would always be accessible. Maybe I'll call it...QuoteFu.

So, my questions to you are, would anyone be interested in using this? Is it made totally unnecessary by the existence of Google Books? Or does something like this already exist? What kind of information would you like to be able to search by (page number, book, quote text, other tags like race? warren? ascendants? gods? city? continent?)?

Anyway, even if this doesn't pan out too well, I will probably try to complete some version of it for myself to keep track of useful Malazan information. On my recent ongoing reread, I've been at least noting every page number that has something interesting I want to remember, so I will go back and capture all of those quotes eventually.

Feedback welcome.
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#2 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:13 PM

You could make a section on the wiki perhaps? There's always room there as it is located on a separate server with lots of disk space.
I think it is great idea.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#3 User is offline   ansible 

• Group: High House Mafia

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:22 PM

View PostHetan, on 30 December 2010 - 04:13 PM, said:

You could make a section on the wiki perhaps? There's always room there as it is located on a separate server with lots of disk space.
I think it is great idea.

I think the wiki is a natural place for something like this, good idea. I'll update this as soon as I have anything concrete.
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users