• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Book Depository Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Steve Halter 

• Mage
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:07 AM

My copy of Stonewielder got here (Minnesota) today. From Amazon.uk.

#22 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:34 PM

I've ordered my copy a few weeks before the UK release date. It arrived in Ontario Canada in second week of December.

Haven't had any issues with the Book Depository since I've started to use them.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#23 User is offline   mot 

• Corporal

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:34 AM

It is now December 20th and the volume is still not here (here being Utah), though ordered in October and sent on Nov. 22.

#24 User is offline   WhiskeyJackDaniels 

• Emperor

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:11 AM

Ditto for RI...I emailed them saying to send a free replacement. Also to send it using a faster carrier, but I doubt they'll do that lol.
So, you're the historian who survived the Chain of Dogs.
Actually, I didn't.

It seems you stand alone.
It was ever thus.

#25 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:32 AM

It seems for every person who has a good experience with BD/Amazon there's another who's still waiting. :blink:
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#26 User is offline   Captain Beardface 

• Mason of Serc
  • Interests:Rugby, Darts, Quality Beer, Heavy Metal... Hard Rock in general

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:54 AM

Mine didn't show today so I'm asking that they send a replacement copy...
Monsignor:...Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.
Connor: [as the brothers exit the church] I do believe the monsignor's finally got the point.
Murphy: Aye.

Boondock Saints

#27 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:41 PM

View PostMuttonChops, on 21 December 2010 - 02:54 AM, said:

Same. You're fuxin with my re-read schedule, Book Depository! :blink:

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#28 User is offline   WhiskeyJackDaniels 

• Emperor

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:50 PM

Yea they told me that if it didn't show up by Weds the 22nd I could ask for a new one...I basically said "F that, send me a new one right now" and it SHOULD be arriving around new years
So, you're the historian who survived the Chain of Dogs.
Actually, I didn't.

It seems you stand alone.
It was ever thus.

#29 User is offline   Captain Beardface 

• Mason of Serc

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:08 PM

Told them to put the a replacement copy in the mail and included my address with the zip code cause the first time they emailed me and asked about the address they where missing the zip code so I think that is why that mine has never shown up. I think from now on I'm going to be using amazon.co.uk
Monsignor:...Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.
Connor: [as the brothers exit the church] I do believe the monsignor's finally got the point.

Boondock Saints

#30 User is offline   mot 

• Corporal

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:00 PM

Normally, amazon.co.uk is great at this, but this go around they have been just as late with my volume as your at Book Depository. I haven't the faintest idea why, but I have emailed them to send me a new copy. As for an update, it is now December 21st and nothing came in the mail.

#31 User is offline   Captain Beardface 

• Mason of Serc

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:58 PM

View PostMuttonChops, on 21 December 2010 - 02:54 AM, said:

View PostMuttonChops, on 21 December 2010 - 08:08 PM, said:

Told them to put the a replacement copy in the mail and included my address with the zip code cause the first time they emailed me and asked about the address they where missing the zip code so I think that is why that mine has never shown up. I think from now on I'm going to be using amazon.co.uk

So I e-mailed BD's Customer Service Department on the 21st asking that they send me a replacement copy including my proper address... I understand that its the holidays and people where taking vacation but I have not yet received a reply e-mail confirming my request... If I don't hear from them soon I'm going to contact my bank and dispute the charges I've already paid for my missing in the ether copy of Stonewielder.... this is seriously beginning to damage my calm.

Boondock Saints

#32 User is offline   Captain Beardface 

• Mason of Serc

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:22 PM

My copy got here today finally... after I sent them a nasty gram the other day...

Boondock Saints

#33 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

My copy (from Amazon.ca) actually arrived too quickly! I ordered it on Dec 29th, and got notification that it had shipped on Dec 30th. The estimated delivery date was Jan 7th, so when the doorbell rang at 11:00 in the morning on Dec 31st, I didn't jump out of bed to answer the door. When I finally hauled myself downstairs, it was just in time to see the DHL guy drive off with my book. And due to the holiday weekend, he didn't come back until the 3rd.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#34 User is offline   ansible 

• Group: High House Mafia

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:36 PM

It took Amazon.co.uk a good couple weeks to deliver the book. I was actually gone when it came but I don't think it was too many days over the estimated arrival date. My experiences with the Amazon.co.uk have been generally positive. I think over the years I've ordered tBH (Bantam MMPB), RG (Bantam HB), RotCG (Bantam TPB), and now SW (Bantam HB). All have arrived in good condition (which is more than I can say for other book shippers) and on time.
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#35 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

I haven't received my book that I ordered from The Book Depository (through Amazon.com) yet. I ordered it on Dec. 13 and the last day of the estimated delivery was Jan. 5.
I just sent them an e-mail about it. Hopefully something gets done quickly.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users