Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Forkrul

#1 User is offline   Gonzilla 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:09 PM

I was reading TotH the other day and noticed for the first time you can break down forkrul into "for k'rul" is there any mention of the FA and k'rul together?

#2 User is offline   The Seguleh 46th 

• High Fist

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:13 AM

View PostGonzilla, on 07 December 2010 - 11:09 PM, said:

I was reading TotH the other day and noticed for the first time you can break down forkrul into "for k'rul" is there any mention of the FA and k'rul together?

Not really, but that's not really a bad observation. K'rul is one bloodthirsty Elder God. Not really in the actual sense, but he is Elder, and as far as i remember Elders were based upon blood worship. Forkrul Assail would give them buildings full of it if they could, i would imagine.

#3 User is offline   WhiskeyJackDaniels 

• Emperor

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:17 AM

Also it would be surprising because we know that Kilmandaros has some sort of relationship with the FA perhaps as their mother,
Spoiler

So, you're the historian who survived the Chain of Dogs.
Actually, I didn't.

It seems you stand alone.
It was ever thus.

#4 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:22 AM

Your head is going to explode when you realize that there's a major landmass named...

Wait for it...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#5 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:32 AM

K'rulri?
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#6 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:39 AM

Toast

#7 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:00 AM

View PostWhiskeyJackDaniels, on 08 December 2010 - 01:17 AM, said:

Also it would be surprising because we know that Kilmandaros has some sort of relationship with the FA perhaps as their mother,
Spoiler

Well, if K'rul has a quasi-paternal relationship with the Forkrul Assail, then they're in the teenage rebellion stage, because considering their actions have the potential to seriously fuck K'rul over, one could say they're not exactly working for K'rul in the same way they're working for Killy and Setch.

(C'mon, someone had to say it :hulk:)
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#8 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:12 PM

To my vaguely certain tho admittedly at times scattered recall, there is no link ever shown, but y'know, that's a thoroughly rep worthy observation if only because i don't think anyone has ever noticed it before...

I've wondered more than once whether Krul might not be the cuddly reformed EG that he seems...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#9 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:45 PM

Nice Catch. Maybe Forkrul were Krul's agents of justice before they got subverted.

#10 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:33 PM

Given K'rul's brother and sister, I too wouldn't be surprised if he was thoroughly nasty (as I don't necessarily trust Draconus's reformation either, but we'll see). That said, given Killy's distate for dragons, as well as the FA's history with them, I doubt they would have anything to do with K'rul.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#11 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:14 PM

i am going to have a good laugh if if it turns out in TCG that 'For K'rul' was staring us in the face the entire series and Gonzilla's post was the very first time anyone caught it...

#12 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:30 PM

We know Kily hates dragons and she's said to be the mother of the FA, what if it is some twisted sense of humour...

'Here Krul, you dragon loving wretch, for you, my children... For Krul... Justice will be ours...'

This post has been edited by champooon: 08 December 2010 - 08:31 PM

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#13 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:59 AM

View PostAbyss, on 08 December 2010 - 08:14 PM, said:

i am going to have a good laugh if if it turns out in TCG that 'For K'rul' was staring us in the face the entire series and Gonzilla's post was the very first time anyone caught it...

Hate to burst the bubble, but the Forukrul Assail being something along those lines, or even "Assail For K'rul!" has most definitely been brought up before.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#14 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:33 PM

View PostD, on 09 December 2010 - 03:59 AM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 08 December 2010 - 08:14 PM, said:

Hate to burst the bubble, but the Forukrul Assail being something along those lines, or even "Assail For K'rul!" has most definitely been brought up before.

link fu? quote fu?

#15 User is offline   Thel Akai 

• Corporal

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:29 AM

The K'rul part could be a connection, but what does 'for' mean? (Not the English "for" for sure, very few of the other names are translated to English in the books).
(Seven Cities, Fist. But I doubt Forkrul would be a translated name, I don't recall any species name being translated.)

This post has been edited by Thel Akai: 10 December 2010 - 09:31 AM

#16 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:10 PM

I'm guessing it's just a coincidence; I mean, when you have only two guys making up all the names for an entire world-plus, you're going to get a lot of stuff that sounds alike. Heck, we've already got stuff like Rell/Rellock/Rallick/Mallick, the two Pearls, etc.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users