Malazan Empire: !MAJOR SPOILERS - Random thoughts - MAJOR SPOILERS! - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

!MAJOR SPOILERS - Random thoughts - MAJOR SPOILERS! Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:37 AM

I think that was also supposed to be destroyed but given the lack of resolution at the end who know.

My question is

Those bodies that washed up against the Stormwall that appeared to be dessicated corpses. The guard that found them by the sacred tower seemed to claim that hed seen some before and was tolf to keep quiet ad that it was water damage. The head guard (quote fu is weak tonight) told him not to tell anyone and immediately told Hiam and expressed danger in his POV.

We never even find a resolution to this as far as I know unless they were simply sacrificed (even though the sacrifice plotline felt unfinished).

Furthermore do we ever find out why Ivanr refused to kill anymore?

This post has been edited by tiam: 10 December 2010 - 12:44 AM

#42 User is offline   eiji 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:45 AM

View Posttiam, on 10 December 2010 - 12:37 AM, said:

I think that was also supposed to be destroyed but given the lack of resolution at the end who know.

My question is

Those bodies that washed up against the Stormwall that appeared to be dessicated corpses. The guard that found them by the sacred tower seemed to claim that hed seen some before from when he lived somewhere else and the head guard (quote fu is weak tonight) told him not to tell anyone and immediately told Hiam and expressed danger in his POV.

We never even find a resolution to this as far as I know unless they were simply sacrificed (even though the sacrifice plotline felt unfinished).

Furthermore do we ever find out why Ivanr refused to kill anymore?

interesting point about the bodies, im not sure if it was just a macbre point or deeper meaning...

Do you even care about Ivanr yes hes got a cool name but in all honesty i found the asessor a more intersting character

#43 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:08 AM

No not really but it was the crux of his character. Given the large amount of info we didnt get on Stormriders, Grey mane and the Lady it seems odd that ICE introducing a new character that hes not going to use for atleast 2 books and doesnt tell you why a champion stopped killing. I assume it was something like he had to kill a slave,convict young champion and he wouldnt do it because he had a change of heart

I think the bodies being dessicated rather than water damaged was the point f it. Some sort of magical thing I thought was going to be linked to the Riders but if no one else has picked up these two points then i guess there not n there. Just worried due to my 3 12 hour shifts reading it

This post has been edited by tiam: 10 December 2010 - 01:13 AM

#44 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:12 AM

View PostDragonstar, on 09 December 2010 - 08:02 PM, said:

The query is, they had the plan to get rid of 2 of the peices through the stormriders. But what about the part that Skinner took off with? Was it just good luck that they turned up to take it? or was it part of a plan that was cooked up?

The Stormriders tried to destroy it too. Maybe the Stormguard at the Tower held them off, or maybe the Disavowed killed the Stormriders who won through. Either way, if the Disavowed hadn't intervened, the Riders would have presumably kept attacking the Tower until the Stormguard were all dead and destroyed the piece.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#45 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:06 AM

Just a side note...

Anyone reading the book early on think that maybe Martel was Dunsparrow? I certainly thought it could of been... Until she revealed where she was from...

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#46 User is offline   Silk 

• Master of the Decks -- Spinning round and Round
  • Group: Bridgeburner

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:36 AM

Ivanr saw the futility of killing.... i.e it made no sense and served no purpose... kind like the God whose path he probably now follows

With regards to the dessicated corpses, its the blood that counts... in fact one could say that all those that stand the wall are indeed sacrifices and the blood that is spilled by both sides, attacker and defender was feeding the Ladies Power...

#47 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:47 PM

View Postchampooon, on 10 December 2010 - 11:06 AM, said:

Just a side note...

Anyone reading the book early on think that maybe Martel was Dunsparrow? I certainly thought it could of been... Until she revealed where she was from...

I considered it for a while, yeah. What I want to know now is who put Martal's armour on after she died?
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#48 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:37 PM

Futility of killing arguement is fine and it was always goingto be something like that. But we never hear of an event or situation that forced him to recognise it. Like a eureka moment. Not a huge deal but something I just thought id missed early on.

As for the bodies I see your point about the blood but in the conversation with Hiam the Lady states a blood sacrifice (the Stormwall and stormguard) delays the Stormriders rather than feeding the lady though I recognise it could be both. The bodies im talking about do seem to be something different though. A mystery that was never explained.

#49 User is offline   Interesting 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:07 PM

maybe the sacrifices at the wall were actually keeping the sea-god (that awakens and causes the massive wave) asleep or in hibernation or whatever which was the reason that the stromriders couldnt just go around the wall
also to add credence to the stormriders being related to the tiste liosan wasnt the tile that represented the stormriders made out of enamel or something?

#50 User is offline   Blacksox 

• Captain

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:19 PM

View PostInteresting, on 10 January 2011 - 06:07 PM, said:

maybe the sacrifices at the wall were actually keeping the sea-god (that awakens and causes the massive wave) asleep or in hibernation or whatever which was the reason that the stromriders couldnt just go around the wall
also to add credence to the stormriders being related to the tiste liosan wasnt the tile that represented the stormriders made out of enamel or something?

From what I read in this book and DOD, I think there is more likely a link between the Stormriders and the Shake.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users