Malazan Empire: Karsa Orlong vs. Icarium Lifestealer? - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Karsa Orlong vs. Icarium Lifestealer? Who do you think would win in a duel between these two? Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   SilenceYourTongueAndWitness 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:40 AM

View PostMTS, on 27 December 2010 - 04:57 AM, said:

Icarium's brows rose fractionally, then he drew out his sword. An unusual weapon, single-edged and looking ancient. He approached.
The Jhag's attack was a flicker of motion, faster than anything Karsa had seen before, yet his sword flashed to meet it. Blades collided.
There was a peculiar snick and Karsa found himself holding nothing more than a handle.
Outrage exploded within him and he stepped forward, his huge fist hammering into Icarium's face. The Jhag was thrown backward, leaving his feet, his sword cartwheeling away to clatter on the slope of the rockfall. Icarium landed with a heavy thump, and did not move.
'Bastard broke my sword—' Karsa began, turning towards Mappo.
White light detonated in his skull.
And he knew no more.
Mappo stared down at the motionless Thelomen Toblakai, noting the slow rise and fall of the giant's chest. Hefting his mace, he glanced over to where Icarium lay, saw a hand slowly lift from the ground, twitch, then settle once more.

Icarium wasn't in rage mode, but sure.

Thanks for the quotes :) couldn't figure out which book it was. In my eyes if Karsa can end the fight before the rage even begins (which he's proven he can, and has also improved since then). Icarium would obviously do much better when he was raged but if you look at it like that. Icarium needs to be raged to Win, where as Karsa can end the fight at any point. In a straight numbers match Karsa would most likely pull ahead statistically
"Think you got a spine, Corporal?"
"Spine? I'm a f-f-f-fucking tree, and you ain't the wind to b-b-b-blow me down. " (Master Sgt Pores to Corporal Tarr)

#22 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:24 AM

Point is the fight in HoC proved that they were more or less equal when Icarium wasn't in rage form. If Icarium hadn't snapped Karsa's blade they would have probably fought for a long time and then Icarium would lose control. Also it ha s been shown that Icarium can go in rage form even if unconscious if he senses danger.
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#23 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:59 AM

" faster than anything Karsa had seen before"

i dunno....i think when it comes to sword play karsa was probably going to be out of his depth.....fists on the other hand?....
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#24 User is offline   Fist Fiddler 

• Recruit

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:30 PM

View Postdktorode, on 27 December 2010 - 10:59 AM, said:

" faster than anything Karsa had seen before"

i dunno....i think when it comes to sword play karsa was probably going to be out of his depth.....fists on the other hand?....

#25 User is offline   Fist Fiddler 

• Recruit

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:33 PM

Wonder how far karsas ability to negate magic would go in the fight

#26 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:56 PM

Since Icarium's enraged strength doesn't seem to be Warren-induced I'm not sure how well that would protect him.

Nevertheless, Karsa's sword won't break as easily as the last, if at all. Icarium is presumably quicker with the blade, yet the strength of Karsa's blows would be very tough to parry. Speculation from the previous fight is suspect at best, since Karsa has grown much since then, and even Ascendants fear Icarium's rage. Icarium wounded an Azath - Liossercal was almost spent in killing one. Anyway, I hate these sorts of suppositions. Such clashes are all relative, and mired in circumstance. One cannot say one or the other with any degree of certainty.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#27 User is offline   SilenceYourTongueAndWitness 

• Recruit

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:42 PM

View PostMTS, on 27 December 2010 - 06:56 PM, said:

Since Icarium's enraged strength doesn't seem to be Warren-induced I'm not sure how well that would protect him.

Nevertheless, Karsa's sword won't break as easily as the last, if at all. Icarium is presumably quicker with the blade, yet the strength of Karsa's blows would be very tough to parry. Speculation from the previous fight is suspect at best, since Karsa has grown much since then, and even Ascendants fear Icarium's rage. Icarium wounded an Azath - Liossercal was almost spent in killing one. Anyway, I hate these sorts of suppositions. Such clashes are all relative, and mired in circumstance. One cannot say one or the other with any degree of certainty.

I have to totally agree with you on this one the circumstance makes the fight. What we need is S.E to write the Rematch (if only Icarium was still around, or is he?? was never clear on that part)
So besides the fact its totally out of the realm of possibilities there last parting was ... i guess you could say friendly? so they probably wouldnt clash if they met again </3.

Now what you should all be crossing your fingers for is Karsa taking to boot to Skinner (please S.E i will give you my first born child if you make this happen)
:)
"Spine? I'm a f-f-f-fucking tree, and you ain't the wind to b-b-b-blow me down. " (Master Sgt Pores to Corporal Tarr)

#28 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:36 AM

View PostMTS, on 27 December 2010 - 06:56 PM, said:

RE Karsa's strength. Icarium seems to actually be stronger than Karsa. Karsa mentions how the boulder Icarium is nonchalantly lifting would have made even Bairoth Gilm sweat. And Bairoth Gilm was way stronger than Karsa, physically
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#29 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:40 AM

Yes, but Karsa has since Ascended. Now Karsa can lift what ever his arrogance tells him he can lift.

#30 User is offline   Silk 

• Master of the Decks -- Spinning round and Round
  • Group: Bridgeburner

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:18 PM

its all in the magic word......... "Witness"

#31 User is offline   SilenceYourTongueAndWitness 

• Recruit

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:17 PM

View PostSilk, on 28 December 2010 - 01:18 PM, said:

HAHA, good way to tell the outcome of the fight before it happens, If Karsa says "WITNESS!!!!" before running in he wins

#32 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:19 PM

Witness how once again the eel worms his way out of the predicament.

#33 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:04 PM

View PostSilenceYourTongueAndWitness, on 27 December 2010 - 05:40 AM, said:

View PostMTS, on 27 December 2010 - 04:57 AM, said:

Icarium's brows rose fractionally, then he drew out his sword. An unusual weapon, single-edged and looking ancient. He approached.
The Jhag's attack was a flicker of motion, faster than anything Karsa had seen before, yet his sword flashed to meet it. Blades collided.
There was a peculiar snick and Karsa found himself holding nothing more than a handle.
Outrage exploded within him and he stepped forward, his huge fist hammering into Icarium's face. The Jhag was thrown backward, leaving his feet, his sword cartwheeling away to clatter on the slope of the rockfall. Icarium landed with a heavy thump, and did not move.
'Bastard broke my sword—' Karsa began, turning towards Mappo.
White light detonated in his skull.
And he knew no more.
Mappo stared down at the motionless Thelomen Toblakai, noting the slow rise and fall of the giant's chest. Hefting his mace, he glanced over to where Icarium lay, saw a hand slowly lift from the ground, twitch, then settle once more.

Icarium wasn't in rage mode, but sure.

Thanks for the quotes :) couldn't figure out which book it was. In my eyes if Karsa can end the fight before the rage even begins (which he's proven he can, and has also improved since then). Icarium would obviously do much better when he was raged but if you look at it like that. Icarium needs to be raged to Win, where as Karsa can end the fight at any point. In a straight numbers match Karsa would most likely pull ahead statistically

Icarium can enter rage mode while knocked out. Remember the end of DG when Icarium began to "keen" while Mappo was restraining him after he had knocked him outwhile outside the Azath house? Icarium could potentially have began to enter rage mode if Karsa had attacked him further after knocking him down.

P339 of Deadhouse Gates

"As if speared by lightning, the Jhag's body jolted, a high-pitched keening rising from him. The sound buffeted the others and sent them tumbling. Fresh blood streaming from the wound on his head and his eyes struggling to open, Icarium surged to his feet. The ancient single-edged long sword slipped free, the blade a strange, shivering blur"

This post has been edited by blackzoid: 28 December 2010 - 11:15 PM

#34 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:08 PM

View PostSilenceYourTongueAndWitness, on 28 December 2010 - 04:17 PM, said:

View PostSilk, on 28 December 2010 - 01:18 PM, said:

HAHA, good way to tell the outcome of the fight before it happens, If Karsa says "WITNESS!!!!" before running in he wins

just as long as he doesnt "vow" to do anything....casue that never comes to fruition!
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#35 User is offline   Roldom 

• Great Wizzard of High House Naughtiness

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:22 AM

is SE did a 30 page book about a fight between the 2 that happens 100 years after TCG, even if ridiculously priced, i bet it would still sell really well...
I did not like the catfish... - Karsa Orlong

The best detox is retox - drunken co-worker

#36 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:04 PM

I see that happening when Icarium goes from Lifestealer to Wifestealer.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#37 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:37 PM

View Postworrywort, on 29 December 2010 - 08:04 PM, said:

I see that happening when Icarium goes from Lifestealer to Wifestealer.

now i'm seeing icarium in a white suit, driving a speed-boat, drinking champagne and laughing with kim kardashian
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#38 User is offline   GingerBreadMan 

• High Fist

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:21 PM

View PostFist Fiddler, on 27 December 2010 - 06:33 PM, said:

Wonder how far karsas ability to negate magic would go in the fight

Does Icarium get to use his magic...because uh...he is perhaps more terrifying when not enraged.

#39 User is offline   Siergiej 

• High Fist

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:45 PM

Well, since Icarium actually is a huge flying fortress, I seriously don't think there is anything to discuss on the matter of him dueling Karsa. At least as long as Toblakai does not have artillery.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users