Malazan Empire: A conversation with SE and ICE at Tor - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A conversation with SE and ICE at Tor seen this?

#1 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:32 AM

http://www.tor.com/b...ian-c-esslemont

BEWARE as there are some spoilers if you are a recent convert to Erikmontism.

EDIT: kindly referenced by Adjutant Stormy.
http://forum.malazan...ndpost&p=806297

EDIT2: just noticed a thread in the Kharkanas section by SpectreofEschaton on this, but I figure a thread in the Announcements section will help people find it too.
http://forum.malazan...=0

This post has been edited by Sombra: 30 October 2010 - 02:08 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#2 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:25 AM

It was awesome to actually be able to talk with them. Really hope they decide to do something like this again later in the reread.
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#3 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:56 AM

SQUEEE SE answered my question.

Now to begin the letter-writing campaign to the GURPS writers to pitch a GURPS book to SE...
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#4 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:22 AM

View PostAdjutant Stormy, on 30 October 2010 - 02:56 AM, said:

SQUEEE SE answered my question.

Now to begin the letter-writing campaign to the GURPS writers to pitch a GURPS book to SE...

To play a Malazan RPG with all the relevant bells and whistles, I would even grit my teeth and learn the accountants wet dream that is GURPS.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#5 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:49 AM

I would eat a hundred babies in order to get a Malazan GURPS setting published.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#6 User is offline   Weave 

• I'm HAPPY CLAPPY!

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:14 PM

Could someone be a little more specific what the spoilers are for?
I'm only up to MT see.
All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. ~ Edmond Burke.

#7 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:22 PM

View PostWeave, on 30 October 2010 - 05:14 PM, said:

Could someone be a little more specific what the spoilers are for?
I'm only up to MT see.

Esslemont drops a series-huge RotCG spoiler, but he provides a hefty spoiler warning. Just don't glance at the last half of that post of his, and you should be fine.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#8 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:37 PM

Someone also talks loosely about some events in Bonehunters, but I think that post is after SE and ICE are done answering questions, so if you stop reading when they finish (around post 71, I believe), you should be fine.
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#9 User is offline   Theotendo 

• Unfunny Fool of the Abyssmal Army
  • Interests:The humor of unfunny jokes.

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:05 AM

If SE and ICE come to South Africa I will kak myself...
...I think I stepped in something...untoward...

#10 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:25 PM

I can not believe they claim that they have been pretty consistent with each other so far, clearly not true. They aren't even consistent with themselves!
I AM A TWAT

#11 User is offline   Quick Bill 

• Corporal
  • Interests:Philosophy, Growing Food, Cooking Food, Eating Food, Anything with Food, Partying, Camping, Fishing, Hiking, Wandering the Streets, Writing, Reading (Fantasy and otherwise).
  • I am obsessed with the MBoTF. How about you?

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:29 PM

4. StevenErikson
VIEW ALL BY · Friday October 29, 2010 03:00pm EDT
Following on to Cam's response: we tend to cram in conversations at these conventions, which is usually the only place we can link up face to face. In fact, and as a teaser, Cam's been telling me all about the Darujhistan novel, which follows my Toll the Hounds. What impressed me yet again was Cam's ability to plot -- I can't wait to see this manuscript.

oh my god oh my god.

Karsa is going to be in this one I bet. Hopefully somewhere about 2/3 through he will come down from the hills and unleash madness.

I can't fucking wait.
"To have dismantled love in order to become capable of loving. To have dismantled one's self in order finally to be alone and meet the true double at the other end of the line. A clandestine passenger on a motionless voyage."
Deleuze and Guattari, Thousand Plateaus p 197

#12 User is offline   Quick Bill 

• Corporal
  • Interests:Philosophy, Growing Food, Cooking Food, Eating Food, Anything with Food, Partying, Camping, Fishing, Hiking, Wandering the Streets, Writing, Reading (Fantasy and otherwise).
  • I am obsessed with the MBoTF. How about you?

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:59 PM

View PostCougar, on 10 November 2010 - 06:25 PM, said:

I can not believe they claim that they have been pretty consistent with each other so far, clearly not true. They aren't even consistent with themselves!

"Pretty" consistent doesn't imply absolutely consistent. Its like when someone asks if you like the food and you say "pretty good" then they take great offense.
"To have dismantled love in order to become capable of loving. To have dismantled one's self in order finally to be alone and meet the true double at the other end of the line. A clandestine passenger on a motionless voyage."
Deleuze and Guattari, Thousand Plateaus p 197

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users