Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Karsa Orlong Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   saint trull 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:33 AM

1st time making a topic so forgive any mistakes.

Making this topic for 2 reasons: the first is because no topics are in this thread.

The 2nd reason is to discuss the power Karsa will have in the Toblakai trilogy. It is said somewhere in the books that the Toblakai used to become so powerful that they created their own warren. i am guessing it was in their blood or something, kinda like Krul did except it was unique to the individual Toblakai. I am guessing that Karsa either already has his own warren or will soon get 1. If he already has 1, then i would guess he gains his (as Samar Dev calls it) abominable speed from it. If he gets one later, then i can't wait to see what abilities he will gain.

I have also been wondering since it is called the Toblakai Trilogy if Karsa will call all the beings who have that giant blood in them to come fight. Tarthanal, Fenn, and any other Toblakai he can find. The Tarthanal are already worshipping him as a god... I don't see them just disappearing. I figure they will end up on Genasbackis somehow or another. The Fenn would also be a good acquisition to help him out. They are supposed to be in the Malazan Empire somewhere i think.

Anyone else got any good ideas?

#2 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:39 AM

Karsa already has his own warren, I believe. Along with the otataral he'd often rub into his skin, it's how he's able to defy magic so well. It's certainly possible that the power of this warren will increase, though.

I'm not quite sure where the Toblakai trilogy will take us. Unless something happens to Ublala in TCG, I'm sure he'll be a part of it. Last time we saw Karsa he was in Darujhistan, staying there to kill a god. I wonder if this will be handled in ICE's Darujhistan novel, or if this is right where Steven will pick up Karsa's thread. From there, we'll see Karsa's return to his people. After that, I'm not sure where the books will go. Either Karsa tries to conquer civilization and fails and dies, he conquers civilization and he succeeds, he changes his mind about civilization, or his whole conquer civilization thing becomes completely irrelevant and something new pops up. Who can really say. Erikson is anything but predictable.
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#3 User is offline   D'iversify 

• First Sword

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:05 AM

View Postsaint trull, on 11 October 2010 - 02:33 AM, said:

The Fenn would also be a good acquisition to help him out. They are supposed to be in the Malazan Empire somewhere i think.
The Fenn live in the mountains separating Quon Tali from Falar and in the forests just to the south. Or at least used to and gave their name to the Fenn Mountains and Forest Fenn. There aren't many of them left from what I gather, even compared to the dwindling numbers of Teblor on Laederon and the marginalised Tarthenal in Lether.
I am the Onyx Wizards

#4 User is offline   Thel Akai 

• Corporal

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:18 AM

View PostDefiance, on 11 October 2010 - 04:39 AM, said:

Karsa already has his own warren, I believe. Along with the otataral he'd often rub into his skin, it's how he's able to defy magic so well.

I actually prefer the idea that he defies magic by sheer stubbornness.

#5 User is offline   saint trull 

• Recruit

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:03 PM

About the warren, the people starting to worship him... will they be able to draw on Karsa's warren? If so how will that power manifest? Any ideas?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users