• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Book Review Blog

#21 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:05 PM

The last board upgrade made it so URLs and images were disallowed in signatures. The rule is only checked when you edit your signature, though. So if you had URLs/links in your sig before the upgrade, as long as you don't edit your sig, the software will allow it.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#22 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:48 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 25 September 2010 - 02:42 AM, said:

View PostBinder of Demons, on 25 September 2010 - 01:42 AM, said:

Good stuff, looks much better that way. My ice-style banner idea would likely have been just as distracting in a different way, so i think this is a much better solution.

Now you've only got to worry about the minor problem of consistent updates with interesting content. How hard could that be?? :)

HAHA! Indeed.

Updated today with a review of Mike Carey's first Felix Castor book!

Nice review, although I thought some of the details might be a bit spoilery (couldnt find anywhere to comment on your blog itself) . The one thing that you have going for you is that as a new blog you can get a whole bunch of reveiws going on books that aren't exactly new, but have that you have read recently. Best of luck to you!
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#23 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:31 AM

View Postalt146, on 25 September 2010 - 06:48 PM, said:

Good stuff, looks much better that way. My ice-style banner idea would likely have been just as distracting in a different way, so i think this is a much better solution.

Now you've only got to worry about the minor problem of consistent updates with interesting content. How hard could that be?? :)

HAHA! Indeed.

Nice review, although I thought some of the details might be a bit spoilery (couldnt find anywhere to comment on your blog itself) . The one thing that you have going for you is that as a new blog you can get a whole bunch of reveiws going on books that aren't exactly new, but have that you have read recently. Best of luck to you!

Sorry if it's a bit spoilery, I tried to keep it as spoiler-less as possible. You should be able to leave comments in the comment link at the bottom of each post.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#24 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:12 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 26 September 2010 - 02:31 AM, said:

View Postalt146, on 25 September 2010 - 06:48 PM, said:

HAHA! Indeed.

Sorry if it's a bit spoilery, I tried to keep it as spoiler-less as possible. You should be able to leave comments in the comment link at the bottom of each post.

It was nothing major, don't worry about it.
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#25 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:07 AM

Grief was kind enough to drop the link to the blog into my sig for me, so now y'all can easily access it. :)
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#26 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:57 PM

Revamped the site design. Have yourselves a looky.

http://icebergink.blogspot.com/

#27 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:42 PM

I dig the new logo! That header still takes up a ton of real estate, though.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#28 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:46 PM

View PostSalt-Man Z, on 09 December 2010 - 06:42 PM, said:

I dig the new logo! That header still takes up a ton of real estate, though.

Yeah, that's the graphic designer in me being a showboater. LOL!

#29 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:26 PM

Nice looking site, I shall keep an eye on it :thumbsup:

One issue - it's really jittery when I try to scroll up/down, like the pictures are huge or something (but I don't think they are because I downloaded one to check the size). Dunno, it's wierd. I don't have that issue with other sites...
Don't fuck with the Culture.

#30 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:09 PM

View PostYellow, on 09 December 2010 - 09:26 PM, said:

Nice looking site, I shall keep an eye on it :thumbsup:

One issue - it's really jittery when I try to scroll up/down, like the pictures are huge or something (but I don't think they are because I downloaded one to check the size). Dunno, it's wierd. I don't have that issue with other sites...

I'll look into that on another browser tonight and see if anythings astray.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users